Unreal Engine 4.21 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Stephen Ellis

any Idea on this? Where can I get some docs on this if any?

Thanks,

Originally posted by Elvince View Post

4.21 Saved Games in application private storage

Hi,

Do I need to ask for some permissions to write in App Private Storage? By default, the save game is not saved at all.

Thanks

Tim Hobson

Do you have any docs on this?

In editor and Launch Game evertyhing is working as expected. In shipping mode, my file is not saved.

thanks

Comment

Any ETA for 4.21.2 hotfix release and 2019 roadmap update ?

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post

I'm using forward rendering in my project and I don't know if that's the reason for such a slow down in material compilation.

But even in deferred mode, it looks like every change I make to a material is compiled in sequence, even if I made it before the previous one finished compiling, in which case the previous one should be canceled and only the last one should compile. It is really bad because if you're working with a translucent material (worst compile times) and you create two Add nodes really quickly, for instance, the whole material gets compiled twice in sequence. That creates a shader compilation line of about 300 shaders when it should be 150 (the last change only). So if I forget Live Preview on while working on a shader, it comes to a point where I have to wait for more than 2.000 shaders to compile!

I think that compiling line problem has to do with XGE. I've started noticing this when I first enabled it on 4.18 or 4.19. I'm gonna spend some days working without XGE enabled (even though it looks like ShaderCompileWorker won't be using all my cores) to see if it cancels compilation of outdated shaders as needed. I think it used to be like that before XGE was enabled by default, but I'm not sure.
        I highly recommend not using XGE. I didn’t see a noticeable increase with it, and it caused lots of errors in packaging which made me miss a game jam deadline. Once I removed it I was able to package just fine.

if you want your shader compilers to move faster, you can always go to task manager > details and right click the shadercompiler processes and change their priority to high. The default is low. This has to be done again each time you have shaders compiling, but I believe there is a way to make the change permanent in the registry. Works with Lightmass too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdsbeware View Post
          if you want your shader compilers to move faster, you can always go to task manager > details and right click the shadercompiler processes and change their priority to high.
          I did that for a while, then I grew tired of it and built a small Windows utility that does it constantly for me: https://github.com/RVillani/ConstantProcessPriority
          Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
          Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post

I did that for a while, then I grew tired of it and built a small Windows utility that does it constantly for me: https://github.com/RVillani/ConstantProcessPriority
            nice!! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Wilson View Post
              New: Windows Mixed Reality Support
              Unreal Engine 4 now natively supports the Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) platform and headsets, such as the HP Mixed Reality headset and the Samsung HMD Odyssey headset. To use our native WMR support, you must be on the April 2018 Windows 10 update or later, and have a supported headset. For more information on how to get up and running, see Windows Mixed Reality Development.
              I just tried wmr recently and it appears that it's not really supported. At least it's not as far as template and vr mode goes which is kind of the point?

Is it going to be fixed for the next version because it feels like epic haven't really done much to improve any vr features for a very long time. I sold my vive over a year ago and only just got vr again with wmr.

I've also found the engine to be quite a bit slower to compile while at the same time causing some slow downs or freezes while browsing at the same time. Never had issues like that before.

The lighting changes with eye adaptation is excessive. I don't remember it making things so bright all the time and it even happens in various editor viewports. Needs improving.
              Last edited by Magneto; 01-08-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I need help every time I load this game is freezes and then crashes
                how can I play Please help I play on x box 1 x

Comment

<spam content snipped>
                  Last edited by ambershee; 01-13-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Reaper77_
                    When is 4.22?
                    2020... 2019 is dedicated to EGS! /s

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                      Any ETA for 4.21.2 hotfix release?
                      Targeted within 2 weeks

Originally posted by The_Reaper77_
                      When is 4.22?
                      Targeting near the end of March
                      Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post

Targeted within 2 weeks

Any chance wmr will work with the vr tool and template like i mentioned above?

I know these things can be overlooked sometimes. Thanks!

Comment

OK I hve a question/issue. I just loaded up the UE Launcher and 4,21.1 is no longer installed suddenly and when I got to add Engine it only going to 4.20.3 yet my project I made just the other day in 4.21.1 is still there....this has never happened before and I have been using UE4 since it was Released as Subscription......

EDIT: OK odd when I restarted the Launcher in Debug Mode it showed 4.21.1 as installed and everything though when I went in to settings I used to be in the Beta Program and the option is no longer there and I recently had an email from Epic to confirm my 2FA via Email but nothing seems to be messed with or compromised that I can see....but the option to be in the Beta Program is no longer there..
                          Last edited by Keiyentai; 01-16-2019, 05:01 AM.
                          Demented owner and founder of NeoSpawn Games
                          Current Project: Project Yami (place holder title) Next-Gen Fighter using UE4
                          FanPage: www.facebook.com/NeoSpawnGames
                          Official(under construction): www.neospawngames.net
                          Personal FB: http://www.facebook.com/Keiyentai
                          LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/Keiyentai

Comment

Targeted within 2 weeks

Really hope we see the Navmesh generation issue patched up in the next hotfix
                            Solution was found apparently but IDK how Epic prioritizes the patches.

Comment

Targeted within 2 weeks

4.22 is beta at end of march or beta comes february and final release end of march?

Is there any chance Epic will do an improved Roadmap the current one on Trello is abandoned almost?

It doesnt even have to be full feature plans just major versions aproximate dates and biggest feature.

Comment

Why have a roadmap the engineers won't follow?!
                                If I understand Epic right, their developers have autonomy to decide what to deliver, often times they ignored what was in trello so no reason to keep it.
                                | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Working...
                                X