This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spacegojira View Post
    I found a bug: 4.21 doesn't load up anymore - if you disable "allow static lighting" in the project settings.
    Just tested with a blank project and can confirm this is what is causing the problem. It's stuck loading at 45% and never goes any higher.

Without that option disabled, 4.21 loads just fine.

In all versions before, I could always disable "allow static lighting" in the project settings and the editor would load up just fine in under 20 seconds (usually less than 10 seconds).

Can we please have a fix for this problem in the next quick-patch?
    At 45% the editor compiles shaders. When you disable AllowStaticLighting it recompiles all shaders. So I would give it some more time to load.

Comment

Thanks Epic! Another great release!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellnik View Post

At 45% the editor compiles shaders. When you disable AllowStaticLighting it recompiles all shaders. So I would give it some more time to load.
        No that's not it, in prior engine versions when I disable AllowStaticLighting, it didn't take any longer time for me to load the engine, it started right away regardless. The longest I ever waited was two minutes, certainly not the 15+ minutes that I have waited now.

EDIT: I'm not sure the shaders are the fault, because in the task manager it doesn't show any shader compiling task at all. It only shows 3x UnrealGame task + 1 Unreal Editor task.
        And the hardrive runs at 100% all the time.

Also, without disabling AllowStaticLighting, the editor just takes me only 4 seconds to load up.
        Last edited by spacegojira; 11-08-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Hey, Thanks Epic, great work. Unfortunately the new Geographic Sun doesn't seem to work. I followed the exact same steps, but I can't find the Blueprint.

Comment

Lighting Channels seems to be broken inside BP (On MAC) :

https://i.imgur.com/bm5WcDP.jpg
            Last edited by EXpMiNi; 11-08-2018, 11:19 AM.
            CG Artist for StarGate Network
            Discord : https://discord.gg/CYBkFWD

Comment

Originally posted by ax448 View Post
              Awesome! Though I am curious about the Geographic Sun.
              It's not in the plugin editor ( but it is in the plugin folder for the Editor, so the files are present. )
              And when I drop it into a project, it requires a recompile.

Of course, even if I make a new C++ project to compile things, I immediately get
              Datasmith ( 5 different plugins.)
              MDLImporter
              StaticMeshEditorExtension
              MeshProcessingLibrary
              Variantmanager

are missing/built with a different engine version.
              And I can't compile them either.

Are some of the plugins compiled for the preview builds, instead of release builds? Or is this just an error on my part due to the cooking optimizations?
              (I haven't had any issues with plugin compilation etc in 4.20, so I'm a bit puzzled.)
              I'm having the same problem with a blank blueprint project from a launcher build. I've posted in answerhub as well.

UPDATE: Just remove the engine and re-install. I guess the old previews were conflicting with the release.
              Last edited by Devero; 11-08-2018, 01:02 PM.
              Abatron Development Thread
              www.abatrongame.com
              Steam Store

Comment

Originally posted by Xaymar View Post
                I was told that 4.21 fixes the Display on/off problem on NVidia 4xx.xx drivers, however now that I have 4.21 installed it is still not fixed. What is the timeline on actually fixing this issue? It goes away if I put the display in HDR mode, but I want to create content in SDR mode, as UE4 has no editor HDR mode.
                Hello Xaymar,

Thank you for letting us know this was occurring!

From looking at the information I can find about this issue internally, I cannot find any evidence of a bug report being entered and I do not believe we ever had a reproduction of it. Can you please enter a bug submission for this issue using our Bug Submission form? Please provide as much information as possible, including your DxDiag information. Even before that, I'm going to try to follow up because I believe this issue may of been dismissed due to the lack of reproduction.
                Last edited by Matthew J; 11-08-2018, 03:41 PM. Reason: Added link to submission form

Comment

So much stuff i dont have enough brain storage to hold it all

Comment

Originally posted by spacegojira View Post

No that's not it, in prior engine versions when I disable AllowStaticLighting, it didn't take any longer time for me to load the engine, it started right away regardless. The longest I ever waited was two minutes, certainly not the 15+ minutes that I have waited now.

EDIT: I'm not sure the shaders are the fault, because in the task manager it doesn't show any shader compiling task at all. It only shows 3x UnrealGame task + 1 Unreal Editor task.
                    And the hardrive runs at 100% all the time.

Also, without disabling AllowStaticLighting, the editor just takes me only 4 seconds to load up.
                    Hello spacegojira,

I do believe that Mellnik is correct and the loading time is likely related to the shaders. This same behavior occurs in 4.20 the first time you disable Allow Static Lighting. After doing this the first time and letting it complete, the shaders are compiled and stored so doing this again should not result in a simulated freeze such as this. If you continue to encounter the issue, please report this issue to us through a Bug Submission with as many details as you can to reproduce this, as I am currently seeing no delay after doing this the first time.

Originally posted by EXpMiNi View Post
                    Lighting Channels seems to be broken inside BP (On MAC)
                    Hello EXpMiNi,

I do not believe that we have seen this issue. Can you please enter a Bug Submission for this issue? Please be sure to provide your OSX version and your display hardware information as well as anything else that seems useful.

Originally posted by iamjohngalt1975
                    Anyone else noticed that alot if not all of the things you were doing via repnotifies are broken?
                    Hello iamjohngalt1975,

As with the report above, I do not believe we've seen any issues such as this internally. Can you please enter a Bug Submission with a clear reproduction case on how to reproduce what you're experiencing?

Comment

Would it be possible to utilize Pixel Streaming to have one instance of UE4 powering multiple viewports that are sent to different clients, split-screen style?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew J View Post

Hello Xaymar,

Thank you for letting us know this was occurring!

From looking at the information I can find about this issue internally, I cannot find any evidence of a bug report being entered and I do not believe we ever had a reproduction of it. Can you please enter a bug submission for this issue using our Bug Submission form? Please provide as much information as possible, including your DxDiag information. Even before that, I'm going to try to follow up because I believe this issue may of been dismissed due to the lack of reproduction.
                        Hi Matthew,

I've reported the issue again, it's actually quite simply to get it to happen yourself:

1. Install Nvidia Driver 4xx.xx on a recent (Pascal, Turing) GPU.
                        2. Attach a HDR Display, make it the primary one.
                        3. Disable HDR in Windows Settings
                        4. Launch Unreal Engine 4, it should now flicker off and on whenever a new windows is created.

This can be avoided by turning Windows HDR on, but Windows is generally awful at HDR it turns out and for some reason values from (0, 0, 0) to (10, 10, 10) end up super bright on the display. Which means that Unreal Engine 4 will look awful on that monitor, unless I manage to launch UE4 in HDR mode on it (-hdr -d3d12, r.hdr.enablehdroutput 1, r.hdr.display. stuff) - or if I get back the ability to use UE4 in SDR mode. This problem affects all compiled games too, so it's not unique to just the Editor - it's just easier to reproduce it with the editor.

Comment

How can I re-enable OpenGL3 support for Linux packaging? According to the notes it can still be enforced, but the previous ini setting seems to be ignored.

Comment

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5142
                            This bug now also affect mobile preview on PC after 4.21. Earlier it only affected iOS.
                            Anything rendered with alpha composite mess up alpha channel which stores depth value. Please integrate this fix.

Comment

Hello,

Do you know if the multi-view direct works on Oculus Go in the official 4.21 ? It has been fixed by Oculus in their 4.20 branch but I don't know if the fix is in the 4.21 from official repository.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by iamjohngalt1975

Well all i can say really is that i tried to upgrade 2 products I have for sell on your marketplace to version 4.21 and it seems everything i am doing using repnotify functions dont work anymore at all. So that would be what you guys could look at the 2 products are https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...pture-the-flag the name above the players head is set via repnotify and it no longer works. Also this product https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...s-class-select i am setting alot of things using repnotify such as the mesh of the character based on team, player health, generator health, station health, class icons, etc etc its all broken.

Keep in mind all this works 100% perfect from 4.15 to 4.20, so the only difference is the engine version. You guys have my permission to take either of those products and dig around in them to see if you find the cause. Also I made this video demonstrating the working versions in 4.20 and then using the new engine version 4.21 demonstarting all the broken stuff.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f61MIA4pPE "warning adult language in video"

Regards,
                                IAmJohnGalt
                                I doubt they will look at your video (that only shows the packaged game in different versions and 0 code), but I would recommend you to reproduce the steps in a clean project (maybe record a video of it), or just check the Content Examples for 4.21 version in the Learn tab (RepNotify seems to works fine there) and if it really is a bug, report it.

You are probably way more experienced than I but I'm just trying to show how they can actually help you and everyone else in case it really is an engine bug.
                                It's so UNREAL

Comment

Working...
                                X