X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post
    Do you have any links to tutorials on how i would do this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    Well, early versions of the 4.22 code will be available on GitHub in the Master and Dev-branches. You can always compile the engine from the source code and follow along with development. Just be aware there will be bugs and incomplete features, so don't rely on it for your own professional projects at that stage.
    kind of an amateur with all that. Im teaching myself game programming with udemy.. but im an artist by trade... which is why i was so excited about rtx features in the engine.

Do you have any links to tutorials on how i would do this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, early versions of the 4.22 code will be available on GitHub in the Master and Dev-branches. You can always compile the engine from the source code and follow along with development. Just be aware there will be bugs and incomplete features, so don't rely on it for your own professional projects at that stage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post

Wow, you're really looking ahead! 4.21 isn't even released yet.

4.22 should be late Q1 2019.
    i have no intereest in anything in 4.21... im enthusiastic about rtx raytraced lightmaps for speed and fun doing environment artwork. 4.21 is a very very boring update... I just want that 1 feature... raytracing realtime lightmapping...

I appreciate the info though

Late q1 for 2019... that sucks... I bought this rtx card for nothing :/
    Last edited by kurylo3d; 10-26-2018, 02:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post
    any news for 4.22 release date?
    Wow, you're really looking ahead! 4.21 isn't even released yet.

4.22 should be late Q1 2019.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any news for 4.22 release date?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello BendikSlyngstad,

I would suggest making a post on the Answerhub if you believe that this may an issue with your project. If you believe that this is a bug with the editor however and you can provide a reproduction case, please submit a bug report using our Bug Submission form and provide as much information as possible so that we may investigate.
    I am unable to reproduce it in a new project as I have no idea whats causing the issue. Will work on isolating it, but there is definitely some change in p3 that in relation to some aspect of my project causes the crash. it works when opening the project with an empty level as default, but once i load any of the levels actually related to the project, it crashes. Will post a bug report if I'm eventually able to isolate and reproduce the issue in a separate project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kalle_H View Post
    Originally posted by Kalle_H View Post
    Exposure seems to be broken in multiple ways. Scale has changed oddly on pc. On mobile exposure don't do anything anymore. What has changed and how exposure compensation should used now?

Hello Kalle,

The bug report that was entered for your first issue was marked as Won't Fix due to a lack of activity on the report. Can you please enter a bug submission for this issue using our Bug Submission form and include a link to that Answerhub post in the description, along with any other information you can provide?

As for the second issue, please report that one through the form as well, preferably with a reproduction project if possible.
    Originally posted by Frostydowns View Post
    Please for the love of God fix the landscape blending to allow blending of physical materials, this was supposed to be fixed in 4.14, but was removed, it's really annoying to apply sound that's only available when you hand paint the ground instead of applying with auto blend.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-physmats.html
    Hello Frostydowns,

This was not reported as a bug but as a Feature Request. Although we do not make feature requests public, I've checked up on the status of this and it is still backlogged at this time, meaning that it has not yet been implemented. Unfortunately I have no estimate on when it may be included.
    Originally posted by aussieburger View Post

Many thanks for this! Android cook times for my projects are much faster now

One thing I've noticed with 4.21 P1 however I can't see how to do print screen stat commands anymore in VR. 4.20 had a "use debug canvas" checkbox under VR rendering settings which does not exist in 4.21 anymore. Makes sense, since this should have been on for VR projects by default, however testing with a GearVR / GO I don't see any output anymore.

Can anyone else confirm this? Is there another way it's meant to be shown now??
    Hello Aussieburger,

I do see a report in our system for some fixes added to 4.21 that is related to this feature but I see no evidence of this problem being reported. Can you please report this using the Bug Submission Form so that we can take a look?
    Originally posted by RoboPoco7 View Post
    hello , am getting thing this bug in unreal 4.21 and 4.20 , the problem is alot of compile shaders when changing preview too mush , as you can see

in the photo that i upload it , please report or help me fix this bug that wont allow me to use material editor cuz its too slow ,
    Hello RoboPoco7, if you would like to report this issue, please use our Bug Submission form and we will be happy to look into the problem. Please provide as much detail as possible for reproducing the issue when doing so.
    Originally posted by KAEPS133 View Post
    Does 4.21 fix the issue with broken Vehicle Replication?
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62345
    Hello KAEPS133, that issue is still unresolved at this time. When it is marked as Fixed on that page, you can likely expect it to be included in the release that happens after that.
    Originally posted by phoboz View Post
    After the update to preview2 I am unable to package my plugin. I can add it as code-based plugin to code-based projects and they compile, run and deploy just fine, but I cannot generate the plugin binaries on their own.
    Hello Phoboz,

I believe we've already received your bug submission by this point and have that all worked out. The fix for this has already been entered and should be available in the next Preview release. Thank you for reporting this!
    Originally posted by BendikSlyngstad View Post
    My project won't open at all in 4.21 p3, was able to open it in p1.
    Hello BendikSlyngstad,

I would suggest making a post on the Answerhub if you believe that this may an issue with your project. If you believe that this is a bug with the editor however and you can provide a reproduction case, please submit a bug report using our Bug Submission form and provide as much information as possible so that we may investigate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone else can't select Linux cooking from UnrealFrontend ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My project won't open at all in 4.21 p3, was able to open it in p1.
    Last edited by BendikSlyngstad; 10-24-2018, 09:00 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice to see that list quickly shrinking, awesome work many thanks to all the team working hard on this. I am so excited that UE-62345 UE-62714 will fixed you have no idea
    Last edited by GrumpyNZ; 10-24-2018, 06:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZacD View Post
    The reason AAA developers will put in RT features in their games is because they are technology enthusiasts and it becomes "free" advertising. Nvidia will promote the game, benchmarks will feature the game, gaming new sites will pay extra attention to the game. There's no reason indie devs couldn't do the same thing.

Even swapping SSAO for RTAO is a perfectly acceptable, "fully implemented" option for developers. And has a huge effect on visual quality. Hopefully UE4 will make implementing it very easy.

Usually graphics programmers just like to push visuals using all available tools. Marketing can then spin it anyway they want.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello. I get an error that leads to immeasurable memory consumption. This happens when I import assets. The error appears at 4.21, at 4.20.2 or 4.20.3 not contains this error.

LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
    LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: PSOPrimitiveType == PT_Num || (EPrimitiveType)PrimitiveType == PSOPrimitiveType [File:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Commands.cpp] [Line: 1283]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: PSO was created using PrimitiveType 0, but the Draw call is using 1! This will break D3D12, Metal and Vulkan
    LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff0246e0b6 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff02188a64 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff0219a9c2 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffef70db099 UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff223fe189 UE4Editor-RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff224037c5 UE4Editor-RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff22403355 UE4Editor-RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff2240447c UE4Editor-RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff224186d1 UE4Editor-RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff21397095 UE4Editor-UtilityShaders.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffef9569f9d UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffef9757321 UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffef9755233 UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffef95edb4f UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffef93922ea UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffef98ab262 UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffef987d442 UE4Editor-Renderer.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff02011768 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff02011c26 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff24139af9 UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff2413aa74 UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff0246c3d0 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff0245c9d1 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff37ee3034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fff3a361461 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
    LogStats: FDebug::EnsureFailed - 0.007 s

This message repeats many times in log.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hm. Virtual texturing is cool. And some nice smaller improvements for Sequencer and VR + Niagara.. But otherwise not so much big news? I guess all releases cant be equally spectacular Still, great work as always. And there are bigger things under the hood too, right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, in Preview 2 I could not start the packaged game due to async loader crash, now there is a regression in preview 3 against preview 2 that the packaging process crashes...

Code:
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogWindows: Error: begin: stack for UAT
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogWindows: Error:
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogWindows: Error: Fatal error: [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 200]
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogWindows: Error: Ran out of memory allocating 17377738000 bytes with alignment 0
    This is a fairly small game and it would fit quite a few times into this amount of memory...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X