Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.21 Preview

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    • Virtual Texturing and support for Lightmaps. In the coming releases, we’ll start to support Virtual Texturing in UE4! It allows for efficient usage of texture memory enabling artists to author very high resolution textures and lightmaps without concern for what will fit into video memory.
    Very cool.
    Where we can find more info on this? In the docs, or not yet?
    ATARU
    www.atarugame.com
    www.aguagames.com
    www.twitter.com/atarugame
    www.facebook.com/atarugame
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTu...uHXLnF3ix6GGTA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a200tHomA0w
    www.instagram.com/atarugame

    Comment


      #62
      Very much looking forward to having Physics replication and Pawn Movement Replication going again >

      Comment


        #63
        Thanks Epic!

        Like others I'm waiting for RTX to come out for archviz. I hope it comes with 4.22.

        Comment


          #64
          Anyone getting Failed to execute aapt error when packaging for Android?

          PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/fontStyle not found.
          PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/font not found.
          PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/fontWeight not found.
          PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/fontStyle not found.
          PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/font not found.
          PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/fontWeight not found.
          PackagingResults: Error: failed linking references.
          UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Failed to execute aapt

          Comment


            #65
            I fixed the Mobile exposure bug. https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5166

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Feureau View Post
              Anyone getting Failed to execute aapt error when packaging for Android?

              PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/fontStyle not found.
              PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/font not found....
              PackagingResults: Error: failed linking references.
              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Failed to execute aapt
              Same problem here.
              Error: Caused by: com.android.tools.aapt2.Aapt2Exception: AAPT2 error: check logs for details...

              Also Gradle error.
              ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "E:\Unreal\tst_421_0p1\Intermediate/Android/APK\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug
              Even with Ant the android build for the GO fails.

              Anyone else has the same problem (before I submit a report?)

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Feureau View Post
                Anyone getting Failed to execute aapt error when packaging for Android?

                PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/fontStyle not found.
                PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/font not found.
                PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/fontWeight not found.
                PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/fontStyle not found.
                PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/font not found.
                PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/fontWeight not found.
                PackagingResults: Error: failed linking references.
                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Failed to execute aapt
                Originally posted by maxbrown View Post

                Same problem here.
                Error: Caused by: com.android.tools.aapt2.Aapt2Exception: AAPT2 error: check logs for details...

                Also Gradle error.
                ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "E:\Unreal\tst_421_0p1\Intermediate/Android/APK\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug
                Even with Ant the android build for the GO fails.

                Anyone else has the same problem (before I submit a report?)
                Please submit a report.

                I've found a workaround in the meantime: In Project settings -> Android SDK select:

                Android SDK level: android-26
                Android NDK level: latest

                then it builds successfully.
                Headgear - VR/AR solutions

                Comment


                  #68
                  I wish there would be AI updates, like HTN Planner (considering that it is already in the engine, but still experimental)

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
                    ..
                    I've found a workaround in the meantime: In Project settings -> Android SDK select:
                    Android SDK level: android-26
                    Android NDK level: latest
                    then it builds successfully.
                    Not for me when launching on the GO:
                    LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: minSdkVersion is higher than Android version installed on device, possibly due to NDK API Level
                    LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Installation of apk 'E:\Unreal\tst_421_0p1\Binaries\Android\tst_421_0p1-armv7-es2.apk' failed: [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK: Failed parse during installPackageLI: /data/app/vmdl1053507892.tmp/base.apk (at Binary XML file line #7): Requires newer sdk version #26 (current version is #25)

                    Comment


                      #70
                      VR preview not work in SAMSUNG MR DEVICE
                      Attached Files
                      Tcimage3d Studio
                      Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
                      Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

                      Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
                      Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
                        Not for me when launching on the GO:
                        LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: minSdkVersion is higher than Android version installed on device, possibly due to NDK API Level
                        LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Installation of apk 'E:\Unreal\tst_421_0p1\Binaries\Android\tst_421_0p1-armv7-es2.apk' failed: [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK: Failed parse during installPackageLI: /data/app/vmdl1053507892.tmp/base.apk (at Binary XML file line #7): Requires newer sdk version #26 (current version is #25)
                        just tried it on the GO and you are right it does not work there. It does work on the GearVR however
                        Headgear - VR/AR solutions

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
                          just tried it on the GO and you are right it does not work there. It does work on the GearVR however
                          I converted a 4.20 SunTemple project to 4.21 and that one does build for the GO. Investigating whats causing this...
                          edit: - haven't found a way to replicate this although i can now build in 4.21 in 1 project once I changed the configuration to 'development' and un-ticked 'for distribution'. Once it has build & launched successfully - it can be set to the original settings again. Changing these settings in SunTemple doesn't break building Android for the GO though so still no idea whats causing this.
                          Last edited by maxbrown; 10-12-2018, 11:59 AM.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            It's will be great to have new RTX :/

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Looks like Virtual Texturing is handled through the normal texture system, and is controlled by a cvar (defaults to being on). So I guess you can load the huge textures directly in the normal way.

                              Code:
                              static TAutoConsoleVariable<int32> CVarVirtualTextureEnabled(
                                  TEXT("r.VirtualTexture"),
                                  1,
                                  TEXT("If set to 1, textures will use virtual memory so they can be partially resident."),
                                  ECVF_RenderThreadSafe);
                              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

                              Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

                              Comment


                                #75
                                I got the preview to package to Android! I had some difficulty with gradle, but it went away after I packaged to windows, so it remains a mystery.

                                I tested out Vulkan on the Oculus Go. Performance seems really good! But it crashes if you don't toggle off "Mobile Multi-view". This is bug, since It should automatically opt out of multi-view when using Vulkan.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X