• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TvOS]
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-40545
    [Google Cardboard -iOS]
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-42339

Has 4.21 Target fix , yet seems as Unresolved. Are there any plans to fix it on 2018? those issues come from 4.14 , almost 2 years back...

Comment

• Virtual Texturing and support for Lightmaps. In the coming releases, we’ll start to support Virtual Texturing in UE4! It allows for efficient usage of texture memory enabling artists to author very high resolution textures and lightmaps without concern for what will fit into video memory.
      Very cool.
      Where we can find more info on this? In the docs, or not yet?

Comment

Very much looking forward to having Physics replication and Pawn Movement Replication going again >

Comment

Thanks Epic!

Like others I'm waiting for RTX to come out for archviz. I hope it comes with 4.22.

Comment

Anyone getting Failed to execute aapt error when packaging for Android?

PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/fontStyle not found.
            PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/font not found.
            PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/fontWeight not found.
            PackagingResults: Error: failed linking references.
            UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Failed to execute aapt

Comment

I fixed the Mobile exposure bug. https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5166

Comment

Originally posted by Feureau View Post

PackagingResults: Error: resource android:attr/font not found....
                Same problem here.
                Error: Caused by: com.android.tools.aapt2.Aapt2Exception: AAPT2 error: check logs for details...

Also Gradle error.
                ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "E:\Unreal\tst_421_0p1\Intermediate/Android/APK\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug
                Even with Ant the android build for the GO fails.

Anyone else has the same problem (before I submit a report?)

Comment

Originally posted by Feureau View Post

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post

Same problem here.
                  Error: Caused by: com.android.tools.aapt2.Aapt2Exception: AAPT2 error: check logs for details...

Also Gradle error.
                  ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "E:\Unreal\tst_421_0p1\Intermediate/Android/APK\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug
                  Even with Ant the android build for the GO fails.

Anyone else has the same problem (before I submit a report?)
                  Please submit a report.

I've found a workaround in the meantime: In Project settings -> Android SDK select:

Android SDK level: android-26
                  Android NDK level: latest

then it builds successfully.
                  Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

I wish there would be AI updates, like HTN Planner (considering that it is already in the engine, but still experimental)

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
                      I've found a workaround in the meantime: In Project settings -> Android SDK select:
                      Android SDK level: android-26
                      Android NDK level: latest
                      then it builds successfully.
                      Not for me when launching on the GO:
                      LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: minSdkVersion is higher than Android version installed on device, possibly due to NDK API Level
                      LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Installation of apk 'E:\Unreal\tst_421_0p1\Binaries\Android\tst_421_0p1-armv7-es2.apk' failed: [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK: Failed parse during installPackageLI: /data/app/vmdl1053507892.tmp/base.apk (at Binary XML file line #7): Requires newer sdk version #26 (current version is #25)

Comment

VR preview not work in SAMSUNG MR DEVICE
                        Attached Files
                        Tcimage3d Studio
                        Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
                        Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
                        Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
                          Not for me when launching on the GO:
                          LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: minSdkVersion is higher than Android version installed on device, possibly due to NDK API Level
                          LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Installation of apk 'E:\Unreal\tst_421_0p1\Binaries\Android\tst_421_0p1-armv7-es2.apk' failed: [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK: Failed parse during installPackageLI: /data/app/vmdl1053507892.tmp/base.apk (at Binary XML file line #7): Requires newer sdk version #26 (current version is #25)
                          just tried it on the GO and you are right it does not work there. It does work on the GearVR however
                          Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
                            just tried it on the GO and you are right it does not work there. It does work on the GearVR however
                            I converted a 4.20 SunTemple project to 4.21 and that one does build for the GO. Investigating whats causing this...
                            edit: - haven't found a way to replicate this although i can now build in 4.21 in 1 project once I changed the configuration to 'development' and un-ticked 'for distribution'. Once it has build & launched successfully - it can be set to the original settings again. Changing these settings in SunTemple doesn't break building Android for the GO though so still no idea whats causing this.
                            Last edited by maxbrown; 10-12-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

It's will be great to have new RTX :/

Comment

Looks like Virtual Texturing is handled through the normal texture system, and is controlled by a cvar (defaults to being on). So I guess you can load the huge textures directly in the normal way.

Code:
                                static TAutoConsoleVariable<int32> CVarVirtualTextureEnabled(
                                    TEXT("r.VirtualTexture"),
                                    TEXT("If set to 1, textures will use virtual memory so they can be partially resident."),
                                    ECVF_RenderThreadSafe);
                                Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Working...
                                X