X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by GrumpyNZ View Post

What kind of problems? Desynced movement, jitter, flipping upside down?

I found that to get my vehicles working properly in existing projects I just had to uncheck the "Replicate Physics to Autonomous Proxies" on any components that weren't the root Skeletal Mesh. Keeping it checked true on the root component seems to work a treat, everything is kept in sync across server and multiple clients.
    This is my movement problem on client, in preview 3 it worked perfectly https://youtu.be/adYc054zsbs
    Last edited by Andrea_92; 11-03-2018, 11:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can UE4.21 interfere with existing UE4.20 installation on regards of Android (Daydream VR) builds?
    I started to get crashes in 4.20 builds seemingly out of nowhere. I suspect this happened after I tried 4.21 preview.
    Details here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ter-15sec.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JohannHirsch View Post
    Did you submit a bug report using appropriate form?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi! Please, fix this: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ote-build.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Andrea_92 View Post
    I have the same problem with my project, the client has problems with the movement
    What kind of problems? Desynced movement, jitter, flipping upside down?

I found that to get my vehicles working properly in existing projects I just had to uncheck the "Replicate Physics to Autonomous Proxies" on any components that weren't the root Skeletal Mesh. Keeping it checked true on the root component seems to work a treat, everything is kept in sync across server and multiple clients.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GrumpyNZ View Post
    Hey guys, just checked out the Vehicle Template on 4.21, movement is a bit jittery on the client.
    Cheers

When I opened my project and put vehicles in the map they went crazy and flew off, but I figure that'll be some settings or something that need changing, since the vehicle template looks pretty good replication wise.

Big fan of the new checkbox in physics replication too cool.

Edit: Can confirm after more in depth testing the fixes to the vehicles are excellent , a little jittery but no doubt that'll be to do with some fine tuning etc.

Thanks so much for this update guys, it's a masterpiece!

HOO-RAH!
    I have the same problem with my project, the client has problems with the movement

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ofandir View Post

I killed Epic Launcher from the Task Manager and when I open it, the problem still occurs. I also tried to shutdown my machine and it didn't work either. Lastly I tried to uninstall and reinstall Epic Game Launcher, and it's still not showing up for some reason.
    This case is a mystery to me. It should be as simple as adding a new Engine slot on the Library page, and choosing the 4.21 Preview from the list of versions. I recommend you contact our Launcher support team for a deeper investigation. https://epicgames.helpshift.com/a/epic-launcher/

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post

No, nothing special is needed. I suggest exiting and restarting the Launcher. Make sure it actually exits, and doesn't simply minimize to the system tray.
    I killed Epic Launcher from the Task Manager and when I open it, the problem still occurs. I also tried to shutdown my machine and it didn't work either. Lastly I tried to uninstall and reinstall Epic Game Launcher, and it's still not showing up for some reason.

Below is my setting and the version of Epic Launcher:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ofandir; 10-31-2018, 02:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Healthy Nuts View Post
    For some reason I can't find 4.21 in my launcher. Is there a checkbox I have to tick in my account or any setting in order to see the latest version? Any help would be appreciated
    No, nothing special is needed. I suggest exiting and restarting the Launcher. Make sure it actually exits, and doesn't simply minimize to the system tray.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4.21 Preview 4 doesn't cook all assets for me. Some items referenced by CDO Constructors are not cooked and cannot be found.

Even if I force-cook all packages, it still doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For some reason I can't find 4.21 in my launcher. Is there a checkbox I have to tick in my account or any setting in order to see the latest version? Any help would be appreciated

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys, just checked out the Vehicle Template on 4.21, movement is a bit jittery on the client.
    Cheers

When I opened my project and put vehicles in the map they went crazy and flew off, but I figure that'll be some settings or something that need changing, since the vehicle template looks pretty good replication wise.

Big fan of the new checkbox in physics replication too cool.

Edit: Can confirm after more in depth testing the fixes to the vehicles are excellent , a little jittery but no doubt that'll be to do with some fine tuning etc.

Thanks so much for this update guys, it's a masterpiece!

HOO-RAH!
    Last edited by GrumpyNZ; 11-01-2018, 06:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just wondering...

stat UNIT ... now sometimes displays new info:

RHIT
    Mem
    Draws ( not to be confused with the older "Draw", this actually tells you the current draw calls )
    Prims

======

RHIT shows up in both Mobile and PIE debugging

But Mem, Draws, Prims only show up for Mobile (This is Mobile VR btw, Go specifically) but not always, and definitely not right away, it seems random. Is this intended or a bug? I feel All stats should show up regardless of platform.

==

But awesome to see!
    Last edited by VictorBurgos; 10-31-2018, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wontonanimalchin View Post
    it seems a node is gone in the Animation Blueprint, i need the Exec like the lift picture!
    It was probably just changed from unpure to pure, why would you need the execution pin? You can always store values in variables if you don't want to recalculate a pure node.

Originally posted by diamond3 View Post
    There is no information about UE-61970 in your issue tracker:
    I believe most of the issue IDs are internal in Epic's JIRA board, not all of them are exposed to the public website.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X