X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farshid View Post
    boring update
    i only need [ new lightmass baking and rendering system ] + [ rtx and dxr realtime lighting ] that is not possible in 4.21
    LOL how rude :P

Comment

I was testing this preview version and found problems with structures, mostly when you create any struct, add some member on it (more than 4) with some different types, like soft pointers or classes, it works for the moment, but after save the project and reopen it get all broken, the structure isn't accessible from blueprints anymore and appear a broken node, with hash values.

In 4.20 was happening something similar where if u select a struct member as class bp that you created, it sometimes get broken the member, now looks that problem scalated to something even worse.

Does this problem is reported?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	struct.png Views:	1 Size:	111.1 KB ID:	1544536

Comment

And, when comes out support for RTX?

Comment

Originally posted by EA_Unreal_77 View Post
          And, when comes out support for RTX?
          Pretty much as soon as they can manage it one would hope!

October 26, 2018 11:10 AM EDT
          CARY, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Epic Games is pleased to announce it has received an investment of approximately $1.25 billion from KKR, ICONIQ Capital, Smash Ventures, aXiomatic, Vulcan Capital, Kleiner Perkins, and Lightspeed Venture Partners.

“We’re excited to partner with the finest minds in the financial, sports, and entertainment communities. This reinforces Epic’s position of leadership in real-time 3D technology, and accelerates our ability to improve the way people play, work, and interact with the world,” said Sweeney.
          Last edited by IslandPlaya; 10-27-2018, 05:52 PM. Reason: Added date and link

Comment

This bug fix would be really nice to fix in 4.21. https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5142

Comment

Project Huge Memory Leak on 4.21.p3 , Crashes whole PC ( tried to compile a GameInstance BP ) ... used to work on p1, p2

Comment

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but people who keep crying about ONLY NEEDING RTX make me laugh. Yes, let's ignore the thousands of actual developers who use UE4 to release actual, tangible games so we can give people the new shiny stuff that has very little commercial value right now!
                [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
                  I know I'm beating a dead horse here but people who keep crying about ONLY NEEDING RTX make me laugh. Yes, let's ignore the thousands of actual developers who use UE4 to release actual, tangible games so we can give people the new shiny stuff that has very little commercial value right now!
                  you clearly have no idea what your talking about. RTX as developer tool will cut man hours for devleopers down by a crazy amount. No more waiting 8 hours on 3 i7 computers to see what the lighting in my level looks like from 1 change. Now in real time. If that makes you laugh your an absolute bafoon and cannot be taken seriously. Either that or your just being a troll because you have nothing better to do.
                  Last edited by kurylo3d; 10-28-2018, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post

you clearly have no idea what your talking about. RTX as developer tool will cut man hours for devleopers down by a crazy amount. No more waiting 8 hours on 3 i7 computers to see what the lighting in my level looks like from 1 change. Now in real time. If that makes you laugh your an absolute bafoon and cannot be taken seriously. Either that or your just being a troll because you have nothing better to do.
                    That has little to do with RTX, that's already been possible with Radeon Rays if anyone bothered to use them. Step back from the marketing for a moment.

Comment

You can use the same lightning system which fortnite does, where all lights can be movable with low render cost, has support to raytracing shadows at far distance(which result is amazing performance) and you don't need compute lightmass. You should expect RTX only viable for video production/ movie making, it will require more time to reach the point where it can be use in any project goal.

Comment

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me an update on the Polygon Modelling with Sub-D Surfaces that is in the Trello? We are about to go into full production of proper levels and the tool would be massively handy. Is there a chance it will be an experimental feature or has it slipped into later versions?

Thanks!
                        Level Designer: Available for work if needed.

http://www.grantegglestone.com

Comment

Our studio has Swarm installed on all 30 machines and we have a build server doing nightly production-quality lighting builds.That's a real world scenario and it's extremely common. Since we are developing our game for all consoles (like the majority of studios), RTX does nothing for us (as it does nothing for the majority of studios like us). I am not saying it's not great technology, but it's nowhere near being essential. You and many like you fell for the marketing and bought an overly expensive paperweight with a promise of future usefulness.
                          [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

When can I start developing Unreal in 'Turing Architecture'?
                            Now when you turn on the Unreal Engine with RTX2080, the screen keeps flickering and it is hard to even open the project.
                            Last edited by ARaTasia; 10-29-2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post

Our studio has Swarm installed on all 30 machines and we have a build server doing nightly production-quality lighting builds.That's a real world scenario and it's extremely common. Since we are developing our game for all consoles (like the majority of studios), RTX does nothing for us (as it does nothing for the majority of studios like us). I am not saying it's not great technology, but it's nowhere near being essential. You and many like you fell for the marketing and bought an overly expensive paperweight with a promise of future usefulness.
                              again... realtime raytracing for building lightmaps would make those 30 machines pointless for lightmass. You can see in the videos that are already out of unreal baking lightmaps in real time... that is powerful and you must not have seen those videos.

Comment

Originally posted by UntamedLoli View Post

That has little to do with RTX, that's already been possible with Radeon Rays if anyone bothered to use them. Step back from the marketing for a moment.
                                the rtx cards have cores specifically for raytracing that make it WAY WAY WAY Faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X