• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Amanda.Bott View Post

PS4:
    • Firmware Version 5.530.011
    Hi,
    Are those minimum or strictly those requirements?
    This is a desperate question to hopefully save my old projects and merge them over to 4.22.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Arcane View Post
    Are we ever going to have the ability to render out of Sequencer with an alpha channel ? One that takes in to account additive materials ? Am I missing something - how are you being at the forrefront of film productions when you can't render out an alpha channel - I don't get it . I just went into 4.22 and rendered out anything that could work and the opacity is completly black - I made 2 materials one additive and one transpartent with a fresnel and only the translucent material showed up in the transluecent layer but black in the opacity ??? Why
    Did you use the Composure plugin? It's supposed to separate stuff like you seem to want to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are we ever going to have the ability to render out of Sequencer with an alpha channel ? One that takes in to account additive materials ? Am I missing something - how are you being at the forrefront of film productions when you can't render out an alpha channel - I don't get it . I just went into 4.22 and rendered out anything that could work and the opacity is completly black - I made 2 materials one additive and one transpartent with a fresnel and only the translucent material showed up in the transluecent layer but black in the opacity ??? Why

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that is very good work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Matthew J View Post

Hello,

Thank you for these details. We currently have a bug submission that I'm taking a look at about this issue. Please keep an eye on our public issue tracker for a bug report to be entered.

Thanks
    How is supposed to change an image from a Brush now?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zompi2 View Post
    Hi.

I encountered the following issue:

When I'm packaging the game for IOS in Shipping from Editor and I have the "Support bitcode in Shipping" option enabled the build fails with the following error:

Code:
    ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/Users/user/UE4/Builds/SKU1112/D/Engines/UE4/UE_4.20/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/mtlpp/mtlpp-master-7efad47/lib/IOS/libmtlpps.a(command_buffer_fence.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build
    file '/Users/user/UE4/Builds/SKU1112/D/Engines/UE4/UE_4.20/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/mtlpp/mtlpp-master-7efad47/lib/IOS/libmtlpps.a' for architecture arm64
    I'm building on Windows with configured remote Mac. When the bitcode option is disabled everything works fine.

It seems the thirdparty has been built without bitcode support. I'd be nice to get this file to be able to build with the bitcode
    This issue seems to exist in 4.21, also.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I found bug over the Control Rig , the mesh already have a skeleton and when I using the option base_human it's totally destroy her shape:

"http://i.epvpimg.com/OyDidab.png"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you RVillani, it works!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stefan872 View Post
    Hi, I have a problem with updating plugin from 4.19 to 4.20 version.

(484): error C2248: 'UWorld::StreamingLevels': cannot access private member declared in class 'UWorld'
    I haven't used that particular variable, but I have other code that accessed ex-public members.
    In all my cases I found out Epic replaced the direct access for a getter method. And searching the docs I found one for StreamingLevels as well, that returns exactly the type you declared there, but constant. So just change that line into
    Code:
    const TArray<ULevelStreaming*>& Levels = World->GetStreamingLevels();
    and it should work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I have a problem with updating plugin from 4.19 to 4.20 version.

This is 4.19 code:

483: TArray<FString> Streaming;
    484: TArray<ULevelStreaming*>& Levels = World->StreamingLevels;
    485: for(ULevelStreaming* EachLevel : Levels)
    486: {
    487: if(!EachLevel) continue;
    488:
    489: FString NoPIELevelName = UMySaveLibrary::RemoveLevelPIEPrefix(EachLevel->GetWorldAssetPackageName());
    490:
    491: Streaming.Add(NoPIELevelName + FString("=") + BOOLSTR(EachLevel->IsLevelVisible()));
    492: }
    493: Ar << Streaming;

Here is the log:

(484): error C2248: 'UWorld::StreamingLevels': cannot access private member declared in class 'UWorld'
    H:\Games\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(796): note: see declaration of 'UWorld::StreamingLevels'
    H:\Games\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Inc\Engine\LevelStreamingKismet.generated.h(12): note: see declaration of 'UWorld'

I know that in 4.20 version is changed functions for level streaming, but I don't know which one I need to use.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by stefans998; 10-17-2018, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm brand new to the forum and I don't know how to start a new topic.
    I started writing a message and then was denied with private message quota exceeded (and that was the first thing I ever wrote)

I tried installing Unreal Engine on my Win10 PC, 6-core i7 8750, GTX 1060-6gb VRAM, 16gb 2666MHz RAM, and Nvidia driver Version 416.34 Release Date: 10.11.2018

but I received an error message saying "Unsupported Graphics Card, There is a problem with your graphics card. Please ensure your card meets the minimum system requirements and that you have the latest drivers installed."

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
    Code:
    Warning: Unable to load PhysicsSerializer with outer SNF_Weapon_Part_C /Game/Blueprints/Weapons/SNF_Weapon_Part.Default__SNF_Weapon_Part_C because its class does not exist
    Warning: Unable to load PhysicsSerializer with outer SNF_Weapon_Part_Barrel_C /Game/Blueprints/Weapons/SNF_Weapon_Part_Barrel.Default__SNF_Weapon_Part_Barrel_C because its class does not exist
    [2018.07.22-01.33.31:364][815]LogLinker: Warning: Unable to load PhysicsSerializer with outer SNF_Weapon_Part_Body_C /Game/Blueprints/Weapons/SNF_Weapon_Part_Body.Default__SNF_Weapon_Part_Body_C because its class does not exist
    [2018.07.22-01.33.31:367][815]LogLinker: Warning: Unable to load PhysicsSerializer with outer SNF_Weapon_Part_Clip_C /Game/Blueprints/Weapons/SNF_Weapon_Part_Clip.Default__SNF_Weapon_Part_Clip_C because its class does not exist
    [2018.07.22-01.33.31:369][815]LogLinker: Warning: Unable to load PhysicsSerializer with outer SNF_Weapon_Part_Grip_C /Game/Blueprints/Weapons/SNF_Weapon_Part_Grip.Default__SNF_Weapon_Part_Grip_C because its class does not exist
    Oddly, I can still play and the weapon parts show up. I submitted a crash report with the log/dump.

P.S. I've just fixed my case by redoing my (still prototype) weapons from scratch to not use ISM components. But some may not be so lucky.
    If anyone has bumped into the PhysicsSerializer warnings as I did: opening related BP, refreshing all nodes, and saving fixed those for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it possible to scale the HLOD transition distance in 4.20? The old cvar is gone, and it seems like the only option is to override it to a specific distance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by legenDARYLL View Post
    Code:
    [2018.10.08-09.49.01:161][838]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
    [2018.10.08-09.49.01:161][838]LogWindows: Error:
    [2018.10.08-09.49.01:161][838]LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: InState >= ENiagaraExecutionState::Active && InState < ENiagaraExecutionState::Num [File:C:\UE4\SourceEngines\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\FX\Niagara\Source\Niagara\Private\NiagaraEmitterInstance.cpp] [Line: 1425]

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    Doesn't seem so. I just searched our CrashReports and came across no record of it. But if you are, be sure to submit your CrashReports, and if you can reproduce it, submit a separate bug report.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X