• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

Comment

This change in 4.20 seems to have broken Steam lobbies:

Code:
      -               const uint32 NetworkVersion = FNetworkVersion::GetLocalNetworkVersion();
                      if (bUseBuildIdOverride == false)
                      {
      -                       /** Engine package CRC doesn't change, can't be used as the version - BZ */
      -                       FNboSerializeToBuffer Buffer(64);
      -                       // Serialize to a NBO buffer for consistent CRCs across platforms
      -                       Buffer << NetworkVersion;
      -                       // Now calculate the CRC
      -                       uint32 Crc = FCrc::MemCrc32((uint8*)Buffer, Buffer.GetByteCount());
      -
      -                       // make sure it's positive when it's cast back to an int
      -                       BuildId = static_cast<int32>(Crc & 0x7fffffff);
      +                       // Removed old hashing code to use something more predictable and easier to override for when
      +                       // it's necessary to force compatibility with an older build
      +                       BuildId = FNetworkVersion::GetNetworkCompatibleChangelist();
                      }
      The lobby parse fails because it checks that BuildId != 0 before incrementing "KeysFound" in

Code:
      bool FillSessionFromLobbyData(FUniqueNetIdSteam& LobbyId, FOnlineSession& Session)

This breaks ShooterGame. The logging in FillSessionFromLobbyData needs to be improved to tell which key had the issue (required manually stepping through the debugger).

Changing ENGINE_NET_VERSION or BuildSettings::GetCompatibleChangelist(); to anything other than 0 should be a workaround, but isn't the right fix.

FillSessionFromLobbyData check probably should no longer reject 0 BuildIds; it looks like the old intention was likely to reject BuildIds that were 0 because the CRC of an empty sequence is usually defined as 0, but now that it doesn't use the CRC method, that no longer makes sense. (note that at least one other place in the code checks SessionSettings.BuildUniqueId != 0 though)

(to help googlers, all you will see in the logs if you run into this is:

Code:
      [2018.07.24-03.18.07:225][929]LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Unable to parse search result for lobby 'Lobby [0xAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA]'
      )
      Last edited by muchcharles; 07-24-2018, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Hi,
        • Bug Fix: Fixed platform groups (for example, "Apple", "Microsoft", "Sony") to now included in the list of restricted folder names when staging files for a project.
        My build is failing due to "Apple" in a sub folder name. Even if I understand how I should fix it, can someone explain me the purpose of thoses restricted folder names?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
          Hmm, on updating this Blueprint-only project to 4.20 from 4.19, I crash when trying to play my Persistent Level with this:

Code:
          [2018.07.21-04.54.53:589][477]PIE: New page: PIE session: SGR_Persistent_001 (22 Jul 2018 12:54:53 am)
          [2018.07.21-04.54.53:589][477]LogPlayLevel: Creating play world package: /Game/UEDPIE_0_SGR_Persistent_001
          [2018.07.21-04.54.53:685][477]LogPlayLevel: PIE: StaticDuplicateObject took: (0.095888s)
          [2018.07.21-04.54.53:686][477]LogAIModule: Creating AISystem for world SGR_Persistent_001
          [2018.07.21-04.54.53:688][477]LogPlayLevel: PIE: World Init took: (0.003628s)
          [2018.07.21-04.54.53:689][477]LogPlayLevel: PIE: Created PIE world by copying editor world from /Game/SGR_Persistent_001.SGR_Persistent_001 to /Game/UEDPIE_0_SGR_Persistent_001.SGR_Persistent_001 (0.099852s)
          [2018.07.21-04.54.53:755][477]LogInit: XAudio2 using 'Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)' : 2 channels at 48 kHz using 32 bits per sample (channel mask 0x3)
          [2018.07.21-04.54.53:780][477]LogInit: FAudioDevice initialized.
          [2018.07.21-04.54.53:830][477]LogLoad: Game class is 'InFluxGameMode_C'
          [2018.07.21-04.54.54:561][477]LogWindows: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
          [2018.07.21-04.54.57:859][477]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
          [2018.07.21-04.54.57:859][477]LogWindows: Error:
          [2018.07.21-04.54.57:859][477]LogWindows: Error: Fatal error: [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderResource.cpp] [Line: 128]
          [2018.07.21-04.54.57:859][477]LogWindows: Error: A FRenderResource was deleted without being released first!
          Smaller levels work, and this project doesn't do anything with render targets, which is all I get on googling this error.
          Hello,

If you can reproduce this in a fresh project or provide a sample project where this can be reproduced, please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Providing as much information as you can will help expedite the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SenToRious View Post
            Widget: Get brush is now read only, my set struct members can't work now, it was very useful since I could change multiple properties quickly.
            Hello,

If you believe this is an unintended change and that the new functionality is incorrect, please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Providing as much information as you can will help expedite the issue.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by muchcharles View Post
              I've run into an issue. Comboboxes no longer open when they are within an in-world UWidgetComponent. They work in PIE, but not in standalone.

I've tracked it down to them calling:

SMenuAnchor::SetIsOpen within that it calls:
              Code:
              FSlateApplication::Get().GeneratePathToWidgetUnchecked(AsShared(), MyWidgetPath);

if (MyWidgetPath.IsValid())
              and the widget path returned is invalid. I looked through GeneratePathToWidgetUnchecked and it calls FSlateWindowHelper::FindPathToWidget which seems to have had a lot of changes in 4.20 and in there it checks against GSlateFastWidgetPath and does different logic depending on the value of it.

So I tried setting Slate.EnableFastWidgetPath 0 on the console and it fixes things in standalone. The bug seems to be in the fast path.

There is also a bug that Slate.EnableFastWidgetPath will initially report zero when queried on the console in standalone, even though the underlying global is set to true. It reports the real value only after setting it at least once via console.
              Hello,

Thank you for reporting these issues. If you are able to provide a reproduction case for these problems, please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Providing as much information as you can will help expedite the issue.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GRADgr View Post
                Camera Jitters :

There are some Camera Control Issues on iOS when Camera is on Mesh "Head" Socket ( and head will rotate according to camera rotation), This Issue was not visible on 4.20 preview 5 , nor any other ue4 version. It runs smoothly on Android and PC... the Bug is only on iOS
                Hello,

If you can provide a reproduction case for this issue, please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Providing as much information as you can will help expedite the issue.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by muchcharles View Post
                  This change in 4.20 seems to have broken Steam lobbies

Hello,

Thank you for these details. We currently have a bug submission that I'm taking a look at about this issue. Please keep an eye on our public issue tracker for a bug report to be entered.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post

Wow, way too ranty there (good way to get ignored). But for some reason I read it, and did get that little tidbit:

This is quite a big invasive change and should definitely be added to the release notes, since it breaks existing light setups. It should be noted that devs can no longer adjust light roughness, and need to use the new SpecularScale property instead.

Anyone else who was using Min Roughness - you can copy/paste all your lights from each level into notepad and search for roughness, to see which lights were using it. Then set Specular Scale values accordingly.
                    I followed up on the roughness being removed from lighting, and the notes were written for it but did not appear in the notes. I am not sure why, but I am going back and editing them to include this.

Removed MinRoughness property from lights. Added SpecularScale in its place.

It will auto convert MinRoughness=1 to SpecularScale=0 for the cases this was used to remove highlights. For any other use case please use SoftSourceRadius for point and spot lights, or the newly added SourceSoftAngle for directional lights to get a similar effect.

Comment

Originally posted by GRADgr View Post
                      Error when building for iOS from Mac

UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): LogObj: Error: LoadConfig (/Script/Engine.Default__RendererSettings): import failed for bEnableAlphaChannelInPostProcessing in: False
                      PackagingResults: Error: LoadConfig (/Script/Engine.Default__RendererSettings): import failed for bEnableAlphaChannelInPostProcessing in: False
                      If you are seeing this in a project that you converted from 4.19 to 4.20, Delete r.PostProcessing.PropagateAlpha=False from your DefaultEngine.ini.

This changed from a bool to an enum.

Comment

Could someone please give me some pointers on building VRPN for nDisplay? (for windows 10)

The VRPN web pages seem to be fubar and the solution itself has 50 jillion projects in it and basically, I don't know what I'm doing

Comment

Hello, I am new to Unreal engine. I would love to make Persistance working on UE 4.20 with ARKit 2.0. I do have developer account on my macbook and iOS device ready - however I see only few examples of applications online and can not see any documentation or example how to use persistance in UE 4.20.

Where to look for these things? Thank you for the answers.

Jakub

Comment

I got 100% crash on cooking game. It looks like related to landscape.
                            The problem appeared in 4.19, call stack so mysterious, I didn't know where to look for a solution.

It still happens in 4.20 (or similar issue?), now call stack points at "landscape grass". Although we don't use landscape grass...
                            Callstack added to AH report. Anyone got similar issue perhaps?
                            https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...king-game.html
                            Last edited by Doctor Ergot; 07-26-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Any news about https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62042 ? This issue is a pain to work with, please release a hotfix

Comment

Originally posted by Sveitar View Post
                                Any news about https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62042 ? This issue is a pain to work with, please release a hotfix
                                "Backlogged" status usually means it's never going to be fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X