No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.20 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks yeah I just found the video.. didn't know there was an alternate way to create blutilities, I always just created them like a normal blueprint.
    Dev Blog
    Twitter: @TheRealSpoonDog
    150 FREE Blueprint functions for your project

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
      Thanks yeah I just found the video.. didn't know there was an alternate way to create blutilities, I always just created them like a normal blueprint.
      I had the same problem. Something to add in the documentation.

Comment

Widget: Get brush is now read only, my set struct members can't work now, it was very useful since I could change multiple properties quickly.

Comment

Mobile Hardware Occlusion isn't supported by Non-HDR mode? can an EPIC stuff answer this? is there any workaround on using LDR? thanks!
          Last edited by GRADgr; 07-21-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Any issues with a blueprint only project? Planning to upgrade from 4.18 to 4.20
            LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

When launching 4.20 for the first time the prerequisites stage made my system reboot (or at least tried to). If I need to reboot for the prerequisites install it's fine but it would be nice to get a confirmation or anything (reboot now? etc). Just blindly restarting the system isn't anything I've seen in other software.

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                Any issues with a blueprint only project? Planning to upgrade from 4.18 to 4.20
                Went smooth! However, there are some class issues and icons not showing. THis can be fixed with setting icon borders to alpha 0.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by unit23; 07-21-2018, 02:04 PM.
                LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by cyaoeu View Post
                  When launching 4.20 for the first time the prerequisites stage made my system reboot (or at least tried to). If I need to reboot for the prerequisites install it's fine but it would be nice to get a confirmation or anything (reboot now? etc). Just blindly restarting the system isn't anything I've seen in other software.
                  Agreed, I was playing a very interesting game in hearthstone while downloading the new version and then bam computer restarting..

Comment

I cant get ANY includes to work, i cant even include coremiminial.h after converting my project, what do i have to do to include files? This is insane, none of my modules work.
                    TressFX For Unreal | Morph Tools Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by kostenickj View Post
                      I cant get ANY includes to work, i cant even include coremiminial.h after converting my project, what do i have to do to include files? This is insane, none of my modules work.
                      Use the path relative to "Public" or "Classes". For example, if you previously had '#include "SomeFile.h"' and it was located in Classes/SomeFolder/OtherFolder/SomeFile.h, you would use '#include "SomeFolder/OtherFolder/SomeFile.h"'.

Comment

I've run into an issue. Comboboxes no longer open when they are within an in-world UWidgetComponent. They work in PIE, but not in standalone.

I've tracked it down to them calling:

SMenuAnchor::SetIsOpen within that it calls:
                        Code:
                        FSlateApplication::Get().GeneratePathToWidgetUnchecked(AsShared(), MyWidgetPath);

if (MyWidgetPath.IsValid())
                        and the widget path returned is invalid. I looked through GeneratePathToWidgetUnchecked and it calls FSlateWindowHelper::FindPathToWidget which seems to have had a lot of changes in 4.20 and in there it checks against GSlateFastWidgetPath and does different logic depending on the value of it.

So I tried setting Slate.EnableFastWidgetPath 0 on the console and it fixes things in standalone. The bug seems to be in the fast path.

There is also a bug that Slate.EnableFastWidgetPath will initially report zero when queried on the console in standalone, even though the underlying global is set to true. It reports the real value only after setting it at least once via console.
                        Last edited by muchcharles; 07-21-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

It seems there were some additional changes to the AI navigation. I needed to decrease recast navmesh cell size with 4.20, otherwise movement was completely broken. The "Move to" node still randomly fails for simple movement (regression, was fine in 4.19), even though a path is obviously available and the target is very near. Did anyone else encounter these problems?

Comment

Originally posted by L04D3D
                            Cant compile my player BP at all, just takes ten minutes then crashes, in 4.18 compiled in like two seconds...
                            //End Rant
                            I must say, yea I kind of agree with the OP on most everything. I have not updated to 4.19 because of the many reports that are flying around here with that stuttering behavior, although I desperately need the encryption feature of 4.19. I thought, Oh well wait for 4.20 hopefully it will be gone then, but OMG this forum thread here is basically mayhem. I mean in the past you had these kawaii "Thank you thank you Epic for some great new features" posts, but if those posts completely disappear in exchange for cries for help because literally nothing works anymore, I must say, I am glad I haven't moved on from 4.18.3 and I won't anymore unless there is one version that halfway work and should that ever happen I will stick with it because none of the features since 4.19 matter to me.

I am seriously beginning to worry about the state of this engine and I am beginning to think maybe I would have been better off with Unity, but after 100s of $$ of investments on the marketplace it's too late for me.

Please fix this mess, Epic.

Comment

Originally posted by lotodore View Post
                              It seems there were some additional changes to the AI navigation. I needed to decrease recast navmesh cell size with 4.20, otherwise movement was completely broken. The "Move to" node still randomly fails for simple movement (regression, was fine in 4.19), even though a path is obviously available and the target is very near. Did anyone else encounter these problems?
                              Setting "tile size uu" to 560 (instead of 600 on UE 4.19) fixed this for me. I have increased navmesh cell size to 10 again, and things are back to normal. So basically, this means you have to readjust nav mesh params in 4.20.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
                                Hmm, on updating this Blueprint-only project to 4.20 from 4.19, I crash when trying to play my Persistent Level with this:

Code:
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.53:589][477]PIE: New page: PIE session: SGR_Persistent_001 (22 Jul 2018 12:54:53 am)
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.53:589][477]LogPlayLevel: Creating play world package: /Game/UEDPIE_0_SGR_Persistent_001
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.53:685][477]LogPlayLevel: PIE: StaticDuplicateObject took: (0.095888s)
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.53:686][477]LogAIModule: Creating AISystem for world SGR_Persistent_001
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.53:688][477]LogPlayLevel: PIE: World Init took: (0.003628s)
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.53:689][477]LogPlayLevel: PIE: Created PIE world by copying editor world from /Game/SGR_Persistent_001.SGR_Persistent_001 to /Game/UEDPIE_0_SGR_Persistent_001.SGR_Persistent_001 (0.099852s)
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.53:755][477]LogInit: XAudio2 using 'Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)' : 2 channels at 48 kHz using 32 bits per sample (channel mask 0x3)
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.53:780][477]LogInit: FAudioDevice initialized.
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.53:830][477]LogLoad: Game class is 'InFluxGameMode_C'
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.54:561][477]LogWindows: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.57:859][477]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.57:859][477]LogWindows: Error:
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.57:859][477]LogWindows: Error: Fatal error: [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderResource.cpp] [Line: 128]
                                [2018.07.21-04.54.57:859][477]LogWindows: Error: A FRenderResource was deleted without being released first!
                                Smaller levels work, and this project doesn't do anything with render targets, which is all I get on googling this error.
                                I have no idea where to go next with this. All my levels work perfectly individually, and the persistent level functions fine in-editor, but once I try to play it I get this weird ol' render resource crash. Nothing's changed except the 4.19.2->4.20 update. Anyone else seeing it?

EDIT: This went away when I enabled "Use Background Level Streaming", which I had disabled in 4.19 due to Blocking Loads not working while it was on (which I'm told has now been fixed in 4.20, so this is a happy ending)
                                Last edited by JoeWintergreen; 07-23-2018, 08:19 PM.
                                Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                                Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                                |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Working...
                                X