Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sapyk View Post
    Hi all,

This is my first post here and I am a total n00b to UE4.

However, I noticed a change that impacted the projectile's behaviour. It seems they are no longer able to bounce at all.

Can anyone else check please? It is a real pain because I am actually working on a bouncing ball game

Thanks for your help guys, cheers.
    sometimes when an update comes along, you have to re-compile your blueprints and re-set some properties and settings and such... :-)

Comment

purrrfect timing guys, just finished up my motley crew of chars yesterday... thank you to all those that aren't always in the spotlight, that just hunker down on sleepless nights to get the job done... i'm well aware of your efforts and contributions... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post

Hi,
        I tried to add this line and remove list of folders that I added to public include paths before. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Spoiler

If i uncomment these two lines in the build.cs, the plugin would compile successfully.
        That line is only a template and not meant to include everything that you need. You would need to edit it to refer to the files that you need to include. As this doesn't seem to be a bug, it may be best to make a separate forum topic or Answerhub for this particular issue so that it may be discussed by the community in detail. If you do believe this is a bug, feel free to provide a simple reproduction and submit a Bug Submission form

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew J View Post

Hello,

If you believe this is a bug with the editor, please use our Bug Submission form to report the issue. When reporting the bug, you will need to provide more information however. Information to include would be the error that you're receiving, when exactly this issue occurs, and what kind of things you've tried to fix it.
          For some reason it just took like 10 mins for my firewall to pop up and ask me to allow the software to launch. Weird, but it's working now.

Comment

Converted project from 4.18.3 to 4.20 today and am getting error during packaging, this project packages fine on 4.18.3. I saw someone post this error in the 4.20 preview but never saw a response any help would be very much appreciated. I did do a test on FPS template project and 4.20 worked fine I just don't know what changed between versions to cause this to happen on my project.

UATHelper: Cooking (Windows): LogInit: Display: LogObj: Error: LoadConfig (/Script/Engine.Default__RendererSettings): import failed for bEnableAlphaChannelInPostProcessing in: False

Thank you!
            Victor "Vexar" Mercieca
            Twitch Channel
            Artstation
            Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post

sometimes when an update comes along, you have to re-compile your blueprints and re-set some properties and settings and such... :-)
              Thanks for your answer. I started a whole new project in 4.20, there is nothing I took from the previous version. I compared the settings of the "old" and new BPs, they are absolutely the same.

Am I the only one not able to get a projectile to bounce?

Edit : Nevermind, I found the issue, my static mesh was not the root of my BP and, therefore, the projectile was not working as expected. Sorry for the mess
              Last edited by Sapyk; 07-19-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvince View Post

I didn't really understant the purpose of this? Could you elaborate?
                From my understanding it allows you to make gameplay tag containers only allow selection of tags in a specific subsection. Like weapon tags HAVE to start with Equipment.Weapon etc.

Comment

Hey guys, I downloaded 4.20, installed and lauched the Games Launcher but there is no button to install UR 4.20, just the orange Launch button for 4.17 and 4.19. How do I install 4.20?

Comment

Hey guys, I downloaded 4.20, installed and lauched the Games Launcher but there is no button to install UR 4.20, just the orange Launch button for 4.17 and 4.19. How do I install 4.20?
                    Click on the Plus sign next to engine versions. Select 4.20 for the new launcher item.

Comment

Edit:
                      I found the WinX and WinY setting for each node so it works under fullscreen mode to put in different monitors.
                      Just if I want to set lower the window size and put all the nodes on one screen for testing, still have no idea.

------------------------------
                      Tried the nDisplay XD It's a great feature! Looking forward for the beta release I'm trying it on one PC, and a problem currently is that it's fullscreen by default, so if I have several monitors on one PC I have no idea how to move the different node screens to different monitors...
                      Last edited by Archifiction; 07-19-2018, 08:06 PM. Reason: Edit: new finds

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
                        Click on the Plus sign next to engine versions. Select 4.20 for the new launcher item.
                        Not seeing a plus sign anywhere, or in the pulldown...see pic
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Matthew J; 07-20-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Not seeing a plus sign anywhere, or in the pulldown...see pic
                          You need to go to your library

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
                            You need to go to your library
                            And apparently how to upload images. Thanks Kvogler, for the assist

Comment

New: Scripted Extensions for Actor and Content Browser Context Menu

Easily create in-context tools and workflow enhancements without writing a line of code by extending the context menus for Actors and Content Assets in the Browser using Blueprint Utilities, or Blutilities.
                              • Create a new Blutility using one of the new parent classes - AssetActionUtility (for Content Browser extensions) or ActorActionUtility (for Actor extensions).
                              • You can specify what types of Actors or Assets the actions apply to with the GetSupportedClass function.
                              • Add logic in events (or functions) with no return value, marking them as “Call In Editor” so they show up in the context menu, and a pop-up dialog will display when the event is triggered to fill in values for any parameters you define on your events

I can't get this^ to do anything, following the instructions in the release notes.
                              1. I enable the Editor Scripting Utilities plugin, restart the editor
                              2. Make a blueprint of class ActorActionUtility (or AssetActionUtility)
                              3. Make a function or event in it with Call In Editor = true
                              4. Override the GetSupportedClass function (though it seems like thats optional)
                              5. Right click on a supported actor (or asset) - nothing?

Am I misunderstanding "Context Menu"?
                              Dev Blog
                              Twitter: @TheRealSpoonDog
                              150 FREE Blueprint functions for your project

Comment

Error when building for iOS from Mac

UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): LogObj: Error: LoadConfig (/Script/Engine.Default__RendererSettings): import failed for bEnableAlphaChannelInPostProcessing in: False
                                PackagingResults: Error: LoadConfig (/Script/Engine.Default__RendererSettings): import failed for bEnableAlphaChannelInPostProcessing in: False

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X