No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.20 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just trying out the new Proxy LOD. When generating Hierarchical LODs my CPU is only used about 8%.
    Shouldn't there be a higher CPU usage to generate the LODs faster?

i9 7980XE
    64GB
    GTX 1080 Ti

Edit:
    After another 30 minutes it's still at 74%. It appears to be frozen. Thought this would be production-ready. Very disappointing.
    Last edited by Mellnik; 07-19-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

I'm getting "...: Can't find file for asset. /Script/EnvironmentQueryEditor" and my EQS queries are (logically) just Data Assets, but the EQSTester and BT tasks seem to work, and the EQS is out of the plugins list completely. Is it considered not experimental anymore, but the Query Editor got lost somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post

Edit - And of course this:
        New: Added a new type of Gameplay Tag called Restricted Gameplay Tag. At runtime, it behaves exactly the same as normal Gameplay Tags, but in the editor, it allows for more control of higher level tags while still leaving flexibility for more specific tags. Restricted gameplay tags are intended for larger projects that want to be able to enforce a high level hierarchy on their tags while still allowing full control and flexibility over lower levels of the tag structure.
        I didn't really understant the purpose of this? Could you elaborate?

Comment

Unreal Engine 4.20 delivers on our promises to give developers the scalable tools they need to succeed.
          Do you mean hardware scalability?
          Is it now possible to use the full power of two GTX 1080 ti in SLI mode? (FPS increase)
          Last edited by CarloAlt; 07-19-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Is it my eyes or did you forget to mention Volume Texture Asset support in the release notes?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveElbows View Post
              Is it my eyes or did you forget to mention Volume Texture Asset support in the release notes?
              There are a lot of things missing... RichTextBlock is no longer experimental, a bunch of other more specific UMG widgets were added, new profiling tools/integrations, ...

Comment

Hello, I tested the new node "Read Render Target Pixel" but it is very slow, it is possible that the node use too much access to the render target, it might be good to make another node that uses an array in input and output, this would allow to make a single access to the render target and to work only a variable without making several call.

Proposal of a new node: "Read render target pixel array"

input:
                - Render Target 2D
                - 2D array int

output
                - array color RGBA

Single render target access, and single conversion to 2D texture.
                Youtube Page :
                https://www.youtube.com/user/cyberalien78

Smart Interactive Object100% BluePrint

Comment

Originally posted by kamrann View Post
                  Just want to confirm, is it intentional that all plugins must now specify full relative include paths for headers of modules in PublicDependencyModuleNames? From reading the changelist it seems this was done internally for engine modules, but it wasn't mentioned that plugins will need to be updated.
                  Hello Kamrann,

I encountered this during the previews as well and asked ahead of time; This is intended. To avoid needing to use the full path, you can use the following format for your includes:

PublicIncludePaths.Add(Path.Combine(ModuleDirectory, "Public"));

Comment

-New: Curve Atlases in Materials
                    Does anyone else have a problem with "Curve Atlas Row Parameter" that is used in a material function that is used in another material function which is finally used in a material? Opening such material crashes the editor for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Naifu View Post
                      -New: Curve Atlases in Materials
                      Does anyone else have a problem with "Curve Atlas Row Parameter" that is used in a material function that is used in another material function which is finally used in a material? Opening such material crashes the editor for me.
                      Yes, the fix for a curve atlas inside a material function crashing missed the 4.20 release, but it will be in the first hotfix. In the meantime, curve atlas row parameters should work in all cases except nested in a function.

Thanks!

Comment

Can you confirm that as of 4.20 you need High Sierra 10.13.5 minimum to run it on OSX?

Comment

I'm getting a major problem trying to work with a 4.20 source build. Every time I add a new file to the project, regen, and build, it dies on trying to build UHT:

Current workaround is to right click -> rebuild UHT every time this happens. Still very annoying.

Comment

LightmassCoordinator looks to be missing, plus the version of Lightmass shipped gives the same version number as with UE 4.19.

Comment

Passing arrays from server to client through multicast events does not work in 4.20. I've submitted a bug report.
                              The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

Comment

Originally posted by mdeni View Post
                                Engine crashed at startup

Code:
                                Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_Engine!USkyLightComponent::UpdateSkyCaptureContentsArray() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\skylightcomponent.cpp:564]
                                UE4Editor_Engine!USkyLightComponent::UpdateSkyCaptureContents() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\skylightcomponent.cpp:632]
                                UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1619]
                                UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:403]
                                UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3495]
                                UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
                                UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
                                UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
                                UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:283]
                                kernel32
                                ntdll
                                In this place:

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. If you are able to reproduce this, please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Providing as much information as you can will help expedite the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X