No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.20 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have a problem with updating plugin from 4.19 to 4.20 version.

This is 4.19 code:

483: TArray<FString> Streaming;
    484: TArray<ULevelStreaming*>& Levels = World->StreamingLevels;
    485: for(ULevelStreaming* EachLevel : Levels)
    486: {
    487: if(!EachLevel) continue;
    488:
    489: FString NoPIELevelName = UMySaveLibrary::RemoveLevelPIEPrefix(EachLevel->GetWorldAssetPackageName());
    490:
    491: Streaming.Add(NoPIELevelName + FString("=") + BOOLSTR(EachLevel->IsLevelVisible()));
    492: }
    493: Ar << Streaming;

Here is the log:

(484): error C2248: 'UWorld::StreamingLevels': cannot access private member declared in class 'UWorld'
    H:\Games\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(796): note: see declaration of 'UWorld::StreamingLevels'
    H:\Games\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Inc\Engine\LevelStreamingKismet.generated.h(12): note: see declaration of 'UWorld'

I know that in 4.20 version is changed functions for level streaming, but I don't know which one I need to use.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by stefan872; 10-17-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stefan872 View Post
      Hi, I have a problem with updating plugin from 4.19 to 4.20 version.

(484): error C2248: 'UWorld::StreamingLevels': cannot access private member declared in class 'UWorld'
      I haven't used that particular variable, but I have other code that accessed ex-public members.
      In all my cases I found out Epic replaced the direct access for a getter method. And searching the docs I found one for StreamingLevels as well, that returns exactly the type you declared there, but constant. So just change that line into
      Code:
      const TArray<ULevelStreaming*>& Levels = World->GetStreamingLevels();
      and it should work.
      Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
      Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Thank you RVillani, it works!

Comment

I found bug over the Control Rig , the mesh already have a skeleton and when I using the option base_human it's totally destroy her shape:

"http://i.epvpimg.com/OyDidab.png"

Comment

Originally posted by zompi2 View Post
            Hi.

I encountered the following issue:

When I'm packaging the game for IOS in Shipping from Editor and I have the "Support bitcode in Shipping" option enabled the build fails with the following error:

Code:
            ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/Users/user/UE4/Builds/SKU1112/D/Engines/UE4/UE_4.20/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/mtlpp/mtlpp-master-7efad47/lib/IOS/libmtlpps.a(command_buffer_fence.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build
            file '/Users/user/UE4/Builds/SKU1112/D/Engines/UE4/UE_4.20/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/mtlpp/mtlpp-master-7efad47/lib/IOS/libmtlpps.a' for architecture arm64
            I'm building on Windows with configured remote Mac. When the bitcode option is disabled everything works fine.

It seems the thirdparty has been built without bitcode support. I'd be nice to get this file to be able to build with the bitcode
            This issue seems to exist in 4.21, also.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew J View Post

Hello,

Thank you for these details. We currently have a bug submission that I'm taking a look at about this issue. Please keep an eye on our public issue tracker for a bug report to be entered.

Thanks
              How is supposed to change an image from a Brush now?

Comment

Working...
              X