This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirToxe View Post

Well, isn't that basically the case with every software?

So you think all software is always in beta stage?
    I understand that Microsoft led the industry delivering flawed software and Windows10 is a real nightmare to deal with at each new release and then Adobe, Autodesk and many others did the same raising prices like never before in the process actually for selling worse quality software. But that doesn't mean that every software is like that always. And if others release flawed software then everyone has to do the same, why?
    Bugs must be fixed. A perfect release with no bugs might not be possible but still dropping support after a short time and not ensuring compatibility between versions becomes a real nightmare and a huge waste of time and resources for everyone.

Comment

The launcher doesn't give me the option to update for some reason.

Comment

Anyone else having errors with hot reloading in 4.20?

Hot-Reloading throws this error. In my case it's a pawn blueprint using a custom PawnMovementComponent:

Code:
        LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
        LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: bArchetypeReinstanced [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Kismet2\KismetReinstanceUtilities.cpp] [Line: 1601]
        LogOutputDevice: Error: Reinstancing non-actor (/Engine/Transient.Default__NewBlueprint_C:VehicleDriveComponent4W); failed to resolve archetype object - property values may be lost.

Comment

Fixed!UE-63490 Mobile Occlusion (ES3.1) is broken with HDR disabled on mobile platforms

I still have this bug on 4.20.3 on the Oculus Go: objects disappear when looking at them and pop back into view when looking away. Is that really fixed? Can anyone confirm?
          VR Shooter Guns - Arcade Shooter for Vive
          Magic Tavern - A Magic Shooting Gallery for Virtual Reality
          Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
          Hands for VR: Basic - For Vive and Oculus [Marketplace]
          Hands for VR: SciFi - For HTC Vive and Oculus Touch [Marketplace]

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_Cykyria View Post

I still have this bug on 4.20.3 on the Oculus Go: objects disappear when looking at them and pop back into view when looking away. Is that really fixed? Can anyone confirm?
            No, and it doesn't seem like Oculus/Epic will be fixing it. I have a gut feeling that with Vulkan on the horizon and Santa Cruz HMD release, the focus will shift to mobile Vulkan renderer. Maybe it will be fixed there.

Comment

The ReleaseNotes for 4.20 read:
              "If you have a default implementation of a BlueprintNativeEvent's required _Implementation() method inside of an interface class, the default implementation must now be removed from the interface class."
              How are we supposed to provide the default implementation now? the UE metacompiler creates an empty default alright, but what if I need to have default code?

Comment

Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post
                The ReleaseNotes for 4.20 read:
                "If you have a default implementation of a BlueprintNativeEvent's required _Implementation() method inside of an interface class, the default implementation must now be removed from the interface class."
                How are we supposed to provide the default implementation now? the UE metacompiler creates an empty default alright, but what if I need to have default code?
                I think the idea here is that it behaves more like a normal interface and shouldn't have a default implementation in any circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_Cykyria View Post

Disable Occlusion in your project settings if you are building for OpenGL 3.1 - else build for OpenGL 2.0 - issue is gone then

Mobile opengl 3.1 hardware occlusion is hopefully supported in 4.21: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62347

Note: It has not been supported at all so far - 4.19 did not have any 3.1 hardware occlusion support hense the reason objects were not popping there.

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

No, and it doesn't seem like Oculus/Epic will be fixing it. I have a gut feeling that with Vulkan on the horizon and Santa Cruz HMD release, the focus will shift to mobile Vulkan renderer. Maybe it will be fixed there.
                  Santa Cruz won't be so different from a GO from an unreal developer perspective - just with 6dof HMD (like the already released Vive Focus) and better controllers (2 x 6dof) - but still using the same android mobile vr unreal build pipeline.

After reading: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...technical-blog
                  I think getting a good performing Vulkan pipeline in Unreal for mobileVR is still a while away...
                  Headgear - VR/AR solutions

VR Game Release: We Come In Peace... Oculus GearVR | Google Play Daydream

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post

Santa Cruz won't be so different from a GO from an unreal developer perspective - just with 6dof HMD (like the already released Vive Focus) and better controllers (2 x 6dof) - but still using the same android mobile vr unreal build pipeline.
                    I think getting a good performing Vulkan pipeline in Unreal for mobileVR is still a while away...
                    I am aware. I am saying if the goal is to get mobile Vulkan out, they won't be focusing on some minor issues like that. Even Oculus said they are aware, but won't fix any time soon (read - never). According to several sources, Oculus is hard at work of making mobile Vulkan a reality asap (but not sure whether it's for Unity or both Unity and UE4). Although as always there is no ETA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Beagley View Post

I think the idea here is that it behaves more like a normal interface and shouldn't have a default implementation in any circumstance.
                      Yes, but then what is the point of declaring something BlueprintNativeEvent? The very nature of that declaration is that there is a default behavior in C++ that can be overwritten in BP if desired.

Comment

Everywhere I set an image on a widget (via blueprint), I get "The Brush is a Read Only property and can not be modified directly", so is there a new method for setting the image or is it just broken? If it's a new method there's a fair amount of work I'll have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob3DGames View Post
                          Everywhere I set an image on a widget (via blueprint), I get "The Brush is a Read Only property and can not be modified directly", so is there a new method for setting the image or is it just broken? If it's a new method there's a fair amount of work I'll have to do.
                          I have that problem when trying to set members on a struct that is a reference parameter in a function. I guess referenced structs are like const now. And it doesn't make sense, since references were created exactly to avoid making copies when editing structs.
                          Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                          Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post

I have that problem when trying to set members on a struct that is a reference parameter in a function. I guess referenced structs are like const now. And it doesn't make sense, since references were created exactly to avoid making copies when editing structs.
                            I’ve not gotten that error yet. When I wrote my UMG code I remember using the makestruct node, not setmembersinstruct. So maybe that would fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post

Check if you have any variables set to "BP read only" I had that and then set members of that struct in BP. Up to 4.18 there was no warning generated but after updating to 4.20 I received the warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post
                                Check if you have any variables set to "BP read only" I had that and then set members of that struct in BP. Up to 4.18 there was no warning generated but after updating to 4.20 I received the warning.
                                Thanks for the suggestion, but I rarely use that setting. And it happened with structs that were input parameters in function. I think there's no read-only setting for input params. Only pass as reference. And the warning went away when I unticked the reference mode for the struct input variable.

Originally posted by Nerdsbeware View Post
                                I’ve not gotten that error yet. When I wrote my UMG code I remember using the makestruct node, not setmembersinstruct. So maybe that would fix it?
                                I still use SetMemberInStruct when I just want to change a small thing in a huge, already configured struct. But I make a copy of it in a local variable first. For instance, when I just want to change the Font in a Text, but without changing its color, size etc. I store the Text's GetFont in a local variable, use SetMemberInStruct for that variable and set the Text Font struct to be my local variable. But the result of GetFont being a read-only variable makes perfect sense to me. Now, an input variable in my function being read-only just because I passed it by reference doesn't.
                                Last edited by RVillani; 09-26-2018, 12:09 AM.
                                Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                                Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Working...
                                X