Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.

I encountered the following issue:

When I'm packaging the game for IOS in Shipping from Editor and I have the "Support bitcode in Shipping" option enabled the build fails with the following error:

Code:
    ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/Users/user/UE4/Builds/SKU1112/D/Engines/UE4/UE_4.20/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/mtlpp/mtlpp-master-7efad47/lib/IOS/libmtlpps.a(command_buffer_fence.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build
    file '/Users/user/UE4/Builds/SKU1112/D/Engines/UE4/UE_4.20/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/mtlpp/mtlpp-master-7efad47/lib/IOS/libmtlpps.a' for architecture arm64
    I'm building on Windows with configured remote Mac. When the bitcode option is disabled everything works fine.

It seems the thirdparty has been built without bitcode support. I'd be nice to get this file to be able to build with the bitcode

Comment

Hello, we're getting the following error in UE4.20.2,

Code:
      PackagingResults: Error: === Critical error: ===
      PackagingResults: Error: Fatal error: [File D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 2383]
      PackagingResults: Error: Objects have the same fully qualified name but different paths.
      PackagingResults: Error: New Object: REINST_BP_CYB3DMinimapInScene_C_70 /Engine/Transient.MinimapInHand_GEN_VARIABLE_BP_CYBMinimapInHand_C_CAT:Minimap3D_Component.Minimap3D_Component_BP_CYB3DMinimapInScene_C_CAT
      PackagingResults: Error: Existing Object: BP_CYB3DMinimapInScene_C /Engine/Transient.MinimapInHand_GEN_VARIABLE_BP_CYBMinimapInHand_C_CAT:Minimap3D_Component.Minimap3D_Component_BP_CYB3DMinimapInScene_C_CAT

Our project is very unstable in 4.20.X And if we try to build we get that error (above). We are looking to fix it in order to see if our project (that was upgraded from 4.18.3) goes back to establility in development.

Any clue?

thanks.
      Last edited by KmburTG; 09-06-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelwbell View Post
        I am experiencing a bug in 4.20.2 (and since the launcher release of 4.20) where paper2D sprites will not render in VR correctly. They will only render in the left Eye. This has been an issue in previous engine versions but has worked correctly if using translucent materials.

In UE4.20 it doesn't seem possible to render Paper2d flipbooks in VR with instanced stereo enabled. Only the left eye is rendered, even if using the opaque, masked or translucent material domains.

Is this a known issue? A search has come up empty. I have filed a bug report.
        It may come from the fact that they did an optimisation with translucency in stereo rendering mode in the 4.20...

Comment

When was the official version released?I delete it and download it again,but 4.20.2 shows the preview 5 version,But others said that they have been officially released.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Rabbits View Post
            When was the official version released?I delete it and download it again,but 4.20.2 shows the preview 5 version,But others said that they have been officially released.
            That is strange. 4.20 released a while ago - July 18. Have you restarted your Launcher? (make sure it actually exits, and not just minimizes to the taskbar)
            Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post

That is strange. 4.20 released a while ago - July 18. Have you restarted your Launcher? (make sure it actually exits, and not just minimizes to the taskbar)
              I deleted it a few times today and re-added it. The computer restart and the Launcher restart both show 4.20.2 preview 5. My country is China, is it because the engine version for my country has not been released yet?The strange thing is that it shows 4.20.2 after deleting, but when I add this version of the engine, it shows preview 5

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post

I get this too, but mine alternates. Every 2nd time I start the epic launcher its shows I have 4.20.2 Preview 5 installed, and the other times just plain 4.20.2
                Quantum Mechanics: The dreams that stuff is made from.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchpane View Post

I get this too, but mine alternates. Every 2nd time I start the epic launcher its shows I have 4.20.2 Preview 5 installed, and the other times just plain 4.20.2
                  What is going on here? I am like this, happening by chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Rabbits View Post

What is going on here? I am like this, happening by chance.
                    Our Launcher team is investigating. They occasionally have seen the issue too, but it is not persistent.
                    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Ok, It seems that 4.20 is so broken, that a Course in Udemy is sending a notificacion to avoid that version of the engine... I guess that explains no one is helping in resolving some of the issues that are being reported.

Comment

Originally posted by KmburTG View Post
                        Ok, It seems that 4.20 is so broken, that a Course in Udemy is sending a notificacion to avoid that version of the engine... I guess that explains no one is helping in resolving some of the issues that are being reported.
                        There are 4 bugs that keep migrating from 4.20.0 and I bet those will trickle down to 4.21 (or 4.20.3 won't be released in timely fashion). Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

There are 4 bugs that keep migrating from 4.20.0 and I bet those will trickle down to 4.21 (or 4.20.3 won't be released in timely fashion). Just saying...
                          I would like to learn more, could you let me know what are those 4 bugs?

Comment

Originally posted by KmburTG View Post
                            What issues are you having with the engine at 4.20.2?

teak
                            "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                            -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Hey guys, after switching to 4.20 we got suddenly this kind of errors. Everything was fine in 4.19.Someone with the same problem??

Code:
                              ATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: begin: stack for UAT
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error:
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: Fatal error!
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe94a233fe UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe94a25590 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe946980e8 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe94698333 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9a7ca328 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!TArray<TTuple<UProperty const * __ptr64,void const * __ptr64>,FDefaultAllocator>::ResizeGrow() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\array.h:2453]
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9a7ba00d UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!FPropertyValueIterator::NextValue() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\unrealtype.cpp:130]
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9a7b46d0 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!FPropertyValueIterator::IterateToNext() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\unrealtype.cpp:148]
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe900cb6a8 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!TPropertyValueIterator<UProperty const >::TPropertyValueIterator<UProperty const >() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\unrealtype.h:4905]
                              PackagingResults: Error: begin: stack for UAT
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9011aa05 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UAssetManager::InitializeAssetBundlesFromMetadata() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\assetmanager.cpp:3265]
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9011a8d3 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UAssetManager::InitializeAssetBundlesFromMetadata() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\classes\engine\assetmanager.h:449]
                              C++ developer, market place seller, #unrealUGSK founder

Fix this! - Todo system for the level editor https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...e-level-editor

Comment

Originally posted by alex_unrealUGSK_ View Post
                                Hey guys, after switching to 4.20 we got suddenly this kind of errors. Everything was fine in 4.19.Someone with the same problem??

Code:
                                ATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): LogWindows: Error: begin: stack for UAT
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): LogWindows: Error:

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9011a8d3 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UAssetManager::InitializeAssetBundlesFromMetadata() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\classes\engine\assetmanager.h:449]
                                Have you reported this issue using official bug reporting form ?

Comment

Working...
                                X