Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.20 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I've installed 4.20.2, made a new project and I'm still getting 157 "cannot open file MyProjectGameModeBase.generated.h" style errors in visual studio. I was under the impression that this problem had been resolved in 4.20.2: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62042

    Comment


      Originally posted by NotSomethingElse View Post
      I've installed 4.20.2, made a new project and I'm still getting 157 "cannot open file MyProjectGameModeBase.generated.h" style errors in visual studio. I was under the impression that this problem had been resolved in 4.20.2: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62042
      I'm downloading the update right now, so i can only guess : Try refreshing visual studio project files from inside the UE4 editor or by right clicking on the uproject file, maybe that helps.

      Comment


        Originally posted by StefanHohnwald View Post
        I'm downloading the update right now, so i can only guess : Try refreshing visual studio project files from inside the UE4 editor or by right clicking on the uproject file, maybe that helps.
        Doesn't seem to help, sadly.

        I tried deleting 4.20 and then downloading it again in full but the problem persists.

        Comment


          4.20.2 Seems to have broken the D_ARSessionConfig on a new HandHeldAR Blue Print project template. The details to change an AR Session Config no longer appear. This also affects the details of an ARImageCandidate Data Asset. Bug report submitted.

          Is there a way to go back to 4.20.1? I can't seem to choose it anymore even after uninstalling 4.20.2.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Nelson Lim View Post
            4.20.2 Seems to have broken the D_ARSessionConfig on a new HandHeldAR Blue Print project template. The details to change an AR Session Config no longer appear. This also affects the details of an ARImageCandidate Data Asset. Bug report submitted.

            Is there a way to go back to 4.20.1? I can't seem to choose it anymore even after uninstalling 4.20.2.
            Maybe it is not the answer you want to hear, but you can always download an older version of the source code from github and compile it yourself. I think there's no way to download a previous point version and for now building yourself may be the fastest way to get back to working.
            BoteRock
            On3D Studios
            Quantum Replica: http://store.steampowered.com/app/47...antum_Replica/

            Comment


              Originally posted by NotSomethingElse View Post
              I've installed 4.20.2, made a new project and I'm still getting 157 "cannot open file MyProjectGameModeBase.generated.h" style errors in visual studio. I was under the impression that this problem had been resolved in 4.20.2: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62042
              They are listing that bug as fixed for 4.20.3
              Anyway it seems UE 4.20 is full of some serious bugs.
              The worst thing is that many bugs don't get fixed in a version but Epic Games forces you to upgrade to a new UE4 release with all new bugs along with new features. That is just so wrong.
              At this rate all UE4 versions look like beta software and none becomes really stable with no known bugs anymore because they stop releasing hotfixes and supporting every single release after a few months.
              This is just bad.

              Comment


                Why so many member variables and functions in C++ now are private? For example, how do I should replace the use of 'StartMatch()' from 'GameMode' class? Or 'SetMaterial()' from 'MeshComponent' class? And so on...
                What kind of idiocy.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by bunchofapes View Post
                  I'm playing around with the new skin material from Digital Human Mike and I noticed that it has a bug with changing the textures to parameters. Particularly for the "T_head_sss_ao_mask" and "T_head_micro_mask". Basically using instances for multi-udim character is impossible right now. Is there a fix coming up for that in 4.20.2?

                  Thanks!
                  It's not a bug. Unreal is just not supposed to work with UDIM.
                  Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                  Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by blink7 View Post
                    Why so many member variables and functions in C++ now are private? For example, how do I should replace the use of 'StartMatch()' from 'GameMode' class? Or 'SetMaterial()' from 'MeshComponent' class? And so on...
                    What kind of idiocy.
                    Some UInstancedStaticMeshComponent members also became private, but even though I use them in some places, the code is compiling. I don't know how or why it works, but it does.
                    Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                    Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by RVillani View Post

                      Some UInstancedStaticMeshComponent members also became private, but even though I use them in some places, the code is compiling. I don't know how or why it works, but it does.
                      Yeah, I know that code compiles fine, but this is confusing so much. Why did Epic make that?.. I no longer know what I can use and what not...

                      Comment


                        Does the new Proxy LOD Tool allow to keep the original materials and UVs, instead of always generating entirely new ones? The regular Merge Tool has a Merge Materials option for this, but I can't find such an option in the proxy tool anywhere.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by NotSomethingElse View Post
                          I've installed 4.20.2, made a new project and I'm still getting 157 "cannot open file MyProjectGameModeBase.generated.h" style errors in visual studio. I was under the impression that this problem had been resolved in 4.20.2: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62042
                          Fix didn't get to this patch

                          At least, teams using custom engine can integrate fix...
                          https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...6718b900fc84fb

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by NotSomethingElse View Post
                            I've installed 4.20.2, made a new project and I'm still getting 157 "cannot open file MyProjectGameModeBase.generated.h" style errors in visual studio. I was under the impression that this problem had been resolved in 4.20.2: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62042
                            Fix project files generation of VS 2017, VS Code and CLION for Windows.
                            https://github.com/CriDos/UnrealEngi...0.2_hotfix_ide
                            https://github.com/CriDos/UnrealEngi...0.2_hotfix_ide
                            Last edited by CriDos; 08-23-2018, 06:12 PM.

                            Comment


                              Generated includes not showing up in VS is not just a cosmetic issue. If you have any codebase of non-trivial complexity and size then this "issue" is a real drag on the development cycle. I hope epic would prioritize getting this fix out quickly.
                              UE4 Tutorials for 3rd person Blueprint project from scratch: Youtube Channel
                              Use Blender 2.8 to make UE4 compatible animations: Blog
                              Add me on Twitter: Link

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Waves View Post
                                Generated includes not showing up in VS is not just a cosmetic issue. If you have any codebase of non-trivial complexity and size then this "issue" is a real drag on the development cycle. I hope epic would prioritize getting this fix out quickly.
                                I completely agree. This is getting ridiculous; I can't believe Epic is treating this as such a small problem.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X