No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.20 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, newbie here. I 'm learning from tutorial in the documentation. But,Animation starter pack is not compatible with 4.20. I don't want to install old version. Please fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Sveitar View Post
      Any news about https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62042 ? This issue is a pain to work with, please release a hotfix
      Epic, PLEASE, I am BEGGING you to just release a hotfix for this already! This is such a huge hassle. I have literally spent hours trying to figure out a way to work around this until the hotfix is released...I have compiled multiple versions of the master branch from source, but they were too unstable, and I spent like a half hour earlier today using regex and batch to try and generate a list of include directories that needed to be added. Please, please PLEASEEEEEE just release a hotfix for this!!!!!! I have wasted so much time already trying to get this to work properly on my own and it's costing me a lot of time here. I truly think fixing this issue alone is enough to justify the hotfix, but I can see you guys already have fixed a lot of other bugs too, so why not deploy it already? This is a critical bug that is really awful to have to put up with guys, and I'm really disappointed that you haven't put the fix out there yet despite it being such a big problem. For the love of God, please just find it in your hearts to put out this update already. We're all waiting. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1517814
      Last edited by CoolOppo; 08-20-2018, 11:16 AM. Reason: Fixed...no screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by GunUltimateID View Post
        Hi, newbie here. I 'm learning from tutorial in the documentation. But,Animation starter pack is not compatible with 4.20. I don't want to install old version. Please fix.
        When you click Add to Project, just check the box that says "Show all projects" and everything will work fine!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolOppo View Post
          //...
          This was already fixed in 4.20.1
          Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

This was already fixed in 4.20.1
            Nope, this is fixed in 4.20.2 and yet to be released.

Comment

when will we have rtx capability for light map baking? I preordered my RTX2080TI ... should have it next month

Comment

I'm playing around with the new skin material from Digital Human Mike and I noticed that it has a bug with changing the textures to parameters. Particularly for the "T_head_sss_ao_mask" and "T_head_micro_mask". Basically using instances for multi-udim character is impossible right now. Is there a fix coming up for that in 4.20.2?

Thanks!

Comment

Sooo, I see that critical bug https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62310 was moved to 4.20.3, but we haven't even gotten 4.20.2 yet :/

Amanda.Bott By chance, any word on ETA for 4.20.2 and 4.20.3 releases ?

Comment

4.20.2 sure is taking an awfully long time...

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                      Sooo, I see that critical bug https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62310 was moved to 4.20.3, but we haven't even gotten 4.20.2 yet :/

Amanda.Bott By chance, any word on ETA for 4.20.2 and 4.20.3 releases ?
                      Originally posted by Zeblote View Post
                      4.20.2 sure is taking an awfully long time...
                      I bet that this means that UE4.20.2 as already been build (for instance from this comme #4a13369f "Bumping build version to 4.20.2" by Will Fissler, or one of the few next ones, and they are currently doing QA on it to release it. If I am right, they are going to release it this week, and are already fixing some more bugs that would require another bugfix release a few weeks after

Edit: indeed, the update to this issue is from the same day(2018/08/17) as the 4.20.2 commit
                      Last edited by SRombauts; 08-22-2018, 06:44 AM.
                      [Gamedev programmer at Darewise (Paris) - We are hiring]
                      UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin 2.14-beta for UE4.23 - (v1 integrated by default since UE4.7)
                      UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin 1.4.6 for UE4.23 - (integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.24)

Comment

Great work on this update. The curve system in the sequencer really helps.

Comment

Originally posted by SRombauts View Post

I bet that this means that UE4.20.2 as already been build (for instance from this comme #4a13369f "Bumping build version to 4.20.2" by Will Fissler, or one of the few next ones, and they are currently doing QA on it to release it. If I am right, they are going to release it this week, and are already fixing some more bugs that would require another bugfix release a few weeks after

Edit: indeed, the update to this issue is from the same day(2018/08/17) as the 4.20.2 commit
                          Check the issue tracker.. Still 3 bugs are unresolved for 4.20.2 and 3 more bugs are moved to 4.20.3.

Comment

UPDATE!

The 4.20.2 Hotfix is now live! This Hotfix includes fixes for a variety of crash related errors and more.

Fixed in 4.20.2
                            Fixed! UE-62699 Infinite Loop When Generating HLOD Clusters
                            Fixed! UE-62838 Missing assignment/recursion in UHLODProxy::FindFirstActor can potentially lead to an infinite loop
                            Fixed! UE-62729 GitHub 4957 : [UE-62699] Fix infinite loop
                            Fixed! UE-62471 Data corruption saving soft references to circularly-renamed assets
                            Fixed! UE-62042 Generate Project files does not add Intellisense include paths for .generated.h files
                            Fixed! UE-62223 BuildCookRun fails to package if the -build parameter is used and debug symbols have not been installed in the binary Engine
                            Fixed! UE-62782 BuildCommonTools build fails in 4.20 due to missing UnrealSwarm.sln file
                            Fixed! UE-63023 4.20.2 version is currently still listed as 4.20.1 in Binary launcher
                            Fixed! UE-62032 UBT: Linux cross-builds no longer print progress ([0/1200])
                            Fixed! UE-62501 Crash when enabling Edit Mode
                            Fixed! UE-62192 Can't build UnrealStudio hotfix
                            Fixed! UE-62215 AJA plugin doesn't output when running in the editor 'Selected viewport' mode
                            Fixed! UE-62821 GitHub 4980 : Fix: CrowdManagerClass property in UNavigationSystem is now correctly marked with "config" specifier.
                            Fixed! UE-62352 When a Sublevel has "Initially Loaded" set to true and "Initially Visible" set to false, the Editor will crash after exiting PIE
                            Fixed! UE-63062 Lighting not building in sublevels using Resave Packages
                            Fixed! UE-62460 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_BlueprintGraph!UK2Node_CallArrayFunction::NotifyPinConnectionListChanged() [k2node_callarrayfunction.cpp:91]
                            Fixed! UE-62444 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FBlueprintEditorUtils::FindBlueprintForGraphChecked() [blueprinteditorutils.cpp:2236]
                            Fixed! UE-62491 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Core!FName::InitInternal_FindOrAddNameEntry<char>() [unrealnames.cpp:818]
                            Fixed! UE-62303 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!UEdGraphNode::ClearCompilerMessage() [edgraphnode.h:538]
                            Fixed! UE-62672 Crash upon attempting to load into session via Join Session in Blueprints on iOS
                            Fixed! UE-62605 Actor Component Replication Not Working on Dynamically Spawned Components in Blueprint
                            Fixed! UE-62225 Animations are stuttering in Game Preview Server window
                            Fixed! UE-62197 Startup video playlist never advances to next movie and loops forever
                            Fixed! UE-62808 Linux crash handler locks up when crash happens during a file operation
                            Fixed! UE-62515 The editor refuses to run (even as cooker) when core size cannot be set
                            Fixed! UE-62453 Opening the editor on Linux with -vulkanvalidation results in VulkanDebug ensures
                            Fixed! UE-62910 Linux unable to find PlatformInfo crash trying to Launch On
                            Fixed! UE-61154 TM-Decals Brick walls render bright color in cracks and entirely that color from low angle
                            Fixed! UE-62348 Vulkan: invalid transitions flagged by validation layer
                            Fixed! UE-62132 r.SupportPointLightWholeSceneShadows Set to False Causes Crash When Trying to Place a PointLight
                            Fixed! UE-62628 Vulkan validation messages aren't logged on Linux, Windows
                            Fixed! UE-55997 Application crashes on launch on iOS
                            Fixed! UE-61566 CLONE - Crash Assertion failed: InstanceReorderTable.IsValidIndex during normal gameplay
                            Fixed! UE-61994 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::UpdateParameterCollectionInstances() [world.cpp:1082]
                            Fixed! UE-62323 Copy/paste or Duplicate a spawnable doesn't work
                            Fixed! UE-62397 Python glue generation can cause memory corruption
                            Fixed! UE-48899 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Landscape!ULandscapeInfo::RegisterActor() [landscape.cpp:1882]
                            Fixed! UE-60319 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Niagara!NiagaraEmitterInstanceBatcher::ResolveDatasetWrites() [niagaraemitterinstancebatcher.cpp:168]
                            Fixed! UE-61997 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHICreateVertexBuffer() [d3d11vertexbuffer.cpp:15]
                            Fixed! UE-62187 Virtual Joystick movement is heavily influence by Virtual Camera Boom Scale
                            Fixed! UE-61865 Unable to scrub a performance by touch and dragging the main Virtual Camera window
                            Fixed! UE-61766 Virtual Camera isn't attached to camera track when performance is loaded
                            Fixed! UE-54565 Packaged game/Editor with Stereo Layers crashes when exiting game through steam VR overlay
                            Fixed! UE-62277 ARCore plugin missing 'tools' components

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find by following the How To Report a Bug Guide

Comment

I was stucked on 4.19 for the animation sluttering, thanks for the update!

Comment

Got these errors while cross-compiling for Linux from Windows:

Code:
                                non-portable path to file '"logging/LogMacros.h"'; specified path differs in case from file name on disk [-Werror,-Wnonportable-include-path]    \Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Serialization\BufferWriter.h    11
                                non-portable path to file '"json.h"'; specified path differs in case from file name on disk [-Werror,-Wnonportable-include-path]    \Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Public\SlateBasics.h    11
                                Fixed that by modifying LinuxToolChain in our engine build - just added -Wno-nonportable-include-path flag. Maybe it would be useful to someone. Also, Epic should probably fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X