Unreal Engine 4.20 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronm6667 View Post
    Why is there not a 'flag' button in this section of the forums?
    It seems to be missing in several sections. Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeblote View Post
      It seems to be missing in several sections. Strange.
      Epic know about the issue, all the official Epic threads are vulnerable...
      The problem is, even the outsourced website team are Fortnite testers.

Comment

Originally posted by Altrue View Post

Yup, I modified the file manually by copy-pasting the changes from the fix commit and it worked.
        Here's my output log for project generation:

Code:
        Running $(EngineRoot)/Windows/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe  -projectfiles -project="$(ProjectRoot)/$(ProjectName).uproject" -game -rocket -progress
        Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
        $(EngineRoot)\Windows\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\Expat\Expat.Build.cs: warning: Referenced directory '$(EngineRoot)\Windows\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\Expat\expat-2.2.0\Win64\VS2015\Release' does not exist.
        WARNING: Precompiled module 'UE4Game' will not be usable without non-precompiled module 'FunctionalTesting'.
        WARNING: Precompiled module 'UnrealEd' will not be usable without non-precompiled module 'FunctionalTesting'.
        WARNING: Precompiled module 'FunctionalTestingEditor' will not be usable without non-precompiled module 'FunctionalTesting'.
        WARNING: Precompiled module 'UnrealEd' will not be usable without non-precompiled module 'FunctionalTesting'.
        Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post

Oh, I have the exact same problem with 4.19! I already thought its something wrong only for me, great to hear you have the same problem.

Does anyone know more about this?
          I think I've finally figure out what is causing this issue.

If you have this line r.compileshadersfordevelopment=0 in your DefaultEngine.ini you have to remove it or comment it.

This seems only to affect UE Source versions, not the Vanilla (the one from Epic Launcher).

Comment

Originally posted by Wrekk View Post
            No mention of RichText?
            You changed how it works, so now the community plugin doesn't work and will probably be a giant hassle to get to work again.

It would be fine if the one you made actually worked, but it doesn't.
            Hi,do you know how to show text on 4.20 richtextblock?

Comment

Switching viewmodes with keyboard shortcuts like Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3 etc not working in UE4.20.1.
              Can anybody confirm the same?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond3 View Post
                Switching viewmodes with keyboard shortcuts like Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3 etc not working in UE4.20.1.
                Can anybody confirm the same?
                Those work for me. So either not an engine bug or a rare one that depends on other specific conditions.
                Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by muchcharles View Post
                  HLOD gets stuck in an infinite loop with complicated projects. I've tracked it down to here:

Code:
                  const AActor* UHLODProxy::FindFirstActor(const ALODActor* LODActor)
                  {
                  auto RecursiveFindFirstActor = [&](const ALODActor* InLODActor)
                  {
                  const AActor* FirstActor = InLODActor->SubActors.IsValidIndex(0) ? InLODActor->SubActors[0] : nullptr;
                  while (FirstActor != nullptr && FirstActor->IsA<ALODActor>())
                  {
                  const ALODActor* SubLODActor = Cast<ALODActor>(FirstActor);
                  if (SubLODActor)
                  {
                  SubLODActor->SubActors.IsValidIndex(0) ? SubLODActor->SubActors[0] : nullptr;
                  }
                  else
                  {
                  // Unable to find a valid actor
                  FirstActor = nullptr;
                  }
                  }
                  return FirstActor;
                  };
                  The body of if (SubLODActor) doesn't actually do anything, guaranteeing an infinite loop if the FirstActor is an ALodActor.

It looks like in the body of that if statement it should be looping through all sub ALODActors and a recursive call on each until it gets a non-ALODActor or nullptr.
                  Thanks for the report. This is tracked as UE-62838.
                  Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 08-14-2018, 10:08 AM.
                  Tom Sarkanen | Unreal Engine Developer | Epic Games UK

Comment

Anyone notice if you:

- right click an actor
                    - select Attach To >> another Actor >> select Socket

In 4.20 it no longer snaps the attached actor to the socket location?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Sarkanen View Post

Thanks for the report. This is tracked as UE-62838.

edit: opps, this was wrong, it does look mostly ok. I added another comment on github where it could fail, but I'm not sure it is a case that can ever happen.

was:

I looked through the fix, and it seems wrong. Before calling RecursiveFindFirstActor a comment says "// Retrieve first 'valid' AActor (non ALODActor)", but with the fix if it ever calls RecursiveFindFirstActor, it will only return ALODActors.
                      Last edited by muchcharles; 08-17-2018, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I'm missing something about the glTF 2.0 importer though.
                        Today, a peerson ask me a question." Does the xbox 360 play blu ray?”the xbox 360 play blu ray
                        Last edited by unrealgir; 08-22-2018, 04:18 AM.

Comment

is just me or the material editor takes a lifetime to compile

Comment

Well, skeletal alembic import is having a lot of problems in this release. Importing time is ridiculously high. some objects not importing etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Calibanul View Post
                              is just me or the material editor takes a lifetime to compile
                              Yes. But only if you use XGE with IncrediBuild, it seems, which is default now. It's using a single ShaderCompileWorker, instead of 1 per thread.
                              My compilations got a lot faster by disabling it on [engine install folder]/Engine/Config/ConsoleVariables.ini
                              Code:
                              r.XGEShaderCompile = 0
                              Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                              Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

i just love the knowledge flowing here, so happy to be here, learning every day

Comment

Working...
                                X