No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.20 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE-61706 - Animations don't update on the first frame of shots......Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KmburTG View Post
      Looking great, But there is an issue on my side (using the Source version)
      I can't see the Translate or Scale Widget in the Editor. It only shows if I'm using Wireframe mode. The rotation one seems to work.

Using UE 4.20 source (release). With Geforce GTX 1080 (Driver: 398.36).

Tested with preview Shader Model 5 and 4, same results.

Oh, I have the exact same problem with 4.19! I already thought its something wrong only for me, great to hear you have the same problem.

Does anyone know more about this?
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post

Oh, I have the exact same problem with 4.19! I already thought its something wrong only for me, great to hear you have the same problem.

Does anyone know more about this?
        I've had this in the Showdown demo just recently in 4.20, but I think I had it in 4.19 as well. I want to say disabling/enabling the gizmo in the viewport settings brought it back the first time, but none of the posted fixes would fix the recent issue in 4.20. I reset the .ini files for the game/engine/etc to get rid of some VR settings and that ended up fixing it, but I don't know what exactly brought it back.
        Lighting Artist II @ Crystal Dynamics
        Former Lighting Artist @ Obsidian Entertainment
        ArtStation

Comment

The new Niagara FX is very interesting, but u guy should fix the parameter when user can add or not, for example, when i click add button at Emiter Property, i saw spawn module and i add it, but it did nothing, that parameter should be add at Emiter Update, not the Emiter Property, that is very confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vexar View Post
            UMG has an issue with a double outline on text that has a shadows enabled. I posted this in the questions section but haven't heard back. Please see before and after image.

I see what he means but for me I personally prefer the outlined shadow for a lot of ideas i have in mind.

Could we get an option ( if it doesn't exist yet ) for "outline text_shadows" for text objects

edit: That way we could turn it on or off on a "per text object" basis".

Comment

CLion support seems to have improved in 4.20 but still far from perfect.

Generated CMake files doesn't seem to include "*.generated.h" files, what ends in lots of error related to UCLASS, GENERATED_BODY and so on.

I can workaround it by including the intermediate folder where generated.h resides in cmake files, but it get's deleted every time project files are generated as result of adding new classes and such tasks...

Comment

Originally posted by turtledma View Post
                CLion support seems to have improved in 4.20 but still far from perfect.

Generated CMake files doesn't seem to include "*.generated.h" files, what ends in lots of error related to UCLASS, GENERATED_BODY and so on.

I can workaround it by including the intermediate folder where generated.h resides in cmake files, but it get's deleted every time project files are generated as result of adding new classes and such tasks...
                Actually Visual Studio has this issue too, it's pretty annoying. This is currently the 3rd highest open issue in UE4 and is still backlogged so please go give it a vote. Hopefully we can get this into a hotfix before the end of 4.20.

Comment

i need help installing the client on linux fedora 28 i was looking at the guide but its till confusing me can some one plzz message with some help

Comment

4.20.1 breaks the motion controller special left input nodes. Can't use it as an action mapping or a direct bp node using rift+ touch controllers.

bp screenshot:

https://prnt.sc/kd2uao
                    Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Niagara looks interesting, but i sincerely hope that cascade will stay too, unless it is possible to easily port existing cascade effects to niagara (like the "uwave" stuff that already needs tweaks to work in current versions of ue4)

"Loosing" all the effects and things that have been created for UE4 over the last years doesnt sound very useful, i think. (For me personally, this would be a massive issue, which would me take weeks to recreate everything, and i probably still would loose some effects forever.)

========
                      regarding 4.20 in general, have not encountered any issues so far, which is nice :P
                      Last edited by Yaeko; 07-31-2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ldo View Post
                        In 4.20 I have got a bug with tessellation in viewport.
                        In closeup it look ok, but when I zoom out i get black outlines and another tessellation bugs.
                        Same scene tested in 4.19 and works ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Ni...ature=youtu.be
                        Originally posted by Omar Vector View Post
                        For 4.20 , There is strange bug .

When I start VoiceCapture inside android , runtime permission shown up and I can see captured data after the app start , however if I close the app and run it again, VoiceCapture state become OK but No voice data . 0 bytes .

I tried to debug that with android studio profiler , and I found this error pop up when the app start for 2nd time : E/AudioRecord(24604): start() status -38 , and then bytes are always 0 . I dont know even a right description for this case to report a bug about it . could anyone help .

Here is the full LOG
                        Originally posted by frostic View Post
                        4.20.1 breaks the motion controller special left input nodes. Can't use it as an action mapping or a direct bp node using rift+ touch controllers.

bp screenshot:

https://prnt.sc/kd2uao
                        Originally posted by Vexar View Post
                        UMG has an issue with a double outline on text that has a shadows enabled. I posted this in the questions section but haven't heard back. Please see before and after image.
                        Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting these bugs, but for us to investigate, please use the Bug Submission Form to enter a report with as much information as you can provide, including reproduction steps and/or a reproduction project so that we can see the behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaeko View Post
                          Niagara looks interesting, but i sincerely hope that cascade will stay too
                          No worries, man. Epic usually keeps old systems for a long time.
                          Matinee is not needed anymore because of Sequencer, but it's still in the engine. Probably for licencess which built Matinee-based tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Dev View Post

No worries, man. Epic usually keeps old systems for a long time.
                            Matinee is not needed anymore because of Sequencer, but it's still in the engine. Probably for licencess which built Matinee-based tools.
                            I believe, for compatibility reasons, these systems will only cease to exist when UE 5 is released. So that anyone upgrading older UE 4 projects with these older systems can do it without problems.
                            Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                            Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Niagara, wow, pretty cool... but then I still sometimes see the screen in 2d and say 'how does this light know that that particular pixel is something to bounce off and not the other' and 'there are no directions on a flat screen, just left right up and down'... 3d (chuckle) what a trip... you truly are wizards :-) ...

Comment

4.20.2 best update pls

Comment

Working...
                                X