This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post

Is there a special way to activate these?
    • Occlusion Queries on Mobile
    • Software Occlusion Culling

As a mesh I placed behind another mesh was not being culled and counted as a draw call on my Android device. Or did I misinterpret what is meant to happen with these features?

4.20 P1
    Android S8 8.0.0
    Originally posted by FS Creations View Post

I would like to know this as well. I've been doing some tests and occlusion in mobile doesn't seem to be any different from 4.19 (i.e. it doesn't work at all except for frustum culling or precomputed visibility volumes)

Thanks!
    Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Perhaps it's not supported in mobile VR ?
    Testing again I did in fact get this working! It works when you export using openGL 3.1 !

I also tried Vulkan but it was a mess - the meshes behind were always popping in and out

I also tried GearVR and it worked there as well. However very occasionally I did also notice a small pop in and out from the meshes behind the mesh that was in front of it so it still seems just a little buggy?

Once this is reliable this will be HUGE for mobile VR! Out of interest does anyone know if Unity already supports this?

PS: A nice little side note - android build times seem much faster in 4.20!
    Headgear - VR/AR solutions

VR Game Release: We Come In Peace... Oculus GearVR | Google Play Daydream

Comment

I cannot found the New DOF in Editor, does someone know where is it hiding?

Comment

Originally posted by stanrealvisual View Post
        Use the CircleDoF, it's been completely replaced
        LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by stanrealvisual View Post
          There is an option
          "Use new DOF algorithm"
          in Project settings - Postprocessing, however it's enabled by default so just play with settings of CircleDOF and you will see the difference immediately
          SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
          Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

I was using the cinematic camera to play with the new DoF. Not sure if there's a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by andrlet View Post
              Could someone please point me to the "list of supported webcams & HDMI capture devices" mentioned under VR/AR Updates? Thanks so much!

VR/AR Updates:
              • Mixed Reality Capture: Early Access. The early access Mixed Reality Capture support has three components: video input, calibration, and in-game compositing. We have a list of supported webcams and HDMI capture devices that enable you to pull real world green screened video into the Engine from a variety of sources. ‘
              Yes, please! More info on what capture hardware is supported would be very appreciated. Some documentation on how to set up calibration would also be useful.
              Last edited by floke; 06-09-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

oof oof of ofofoooooooooooffffff ofofof ofofofofooooofffffooooofofofofofofofoooooofooooooofofofoofofofoooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Agoodtaco_1 View Post
                  oof oof of ofofoooooooooooffffff ofofof ofofofofooooofffffooooofofofofofofofoooooofooooooofofofoofofofoooooo
                  thats my song

Comment

maxbrown Nope. Tried.
                    Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
                    Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

hi, it´s time for an noobish question:

when i click on library /engine-Versions/+, there is no ue4.20 preview avaiable... where can i find the download?

thanx for an answer :-)
                      Last edited by loopon; 06-10-2018, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loopon View Post
                        when i click on library /engine-Versions/+, there is no ue4.20 preview avaiable... where can i find the download?
                        The + button is like "I want a new one". But you choose the version clicking on the version number before installing.

Attached Files
                        Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                        Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
                          I did also notice a small pop in and out from the meshes behind the mesh that was in front of it so it still seems just a little buggy?
                          Not buggy. That's just how hardware occlusion works. The video card analyzes the last frame's depth and decides what was occluded. So if something has just become visible, it will only not be occluded on the next frame. Hence, on quick camera movements you can see that popping. Software occlusion, on the other hand, is instant, but consumes CPU cycles.
                          Choose your trade-off.

Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                          Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

@RVillani

thank you very much !!!

Comment

Maya Livelink Morph Targets & Blend Shape Stream?

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post
                                Not buggy. That's just how hardware occlusion works. The video card analyzes the last frame's depth and decides what was occluded. So if something has just become visible, it will only not be occluded on the next frame. Hence, on quick camera movements you can see that popping. Software occlusion, on the other hand, is instant, but consumes CPU cycles.
                                Choose your trade-off.
                                Hmmm I'm not sure what you are saying applies to mobile and the current state of Unreal? Mobile Hardware does not support occlusion afaik hence the reason 4.20 adds software occlusion. I see the popping without moving the camera at all.

Additional findings:
                                * For OpenGL 3.1 it's not possible to disable the software occlusion? Due to the aforementioned bug this means we can no longer build Mobile VR with OpenGL 3.1
                                * When I tested this with Multiview ON the meshes are not rendered at all! (building with multiview on, opengl 2 and the meshes are rendered but no software occlusion).

Any updates from Epic in regards to:
                                * When mobile software occlusion will work with Multiview?
                                * How much of a CPU hit mobile occlusion is?

When doing a quick google on Unity support it appears they have supported mobile occlusion for a long time now however the CPU hit is very high. Would be great to compare this to the Unreal implementation: If we could get Mobile Occlusion with a low CPU hit + Multiview we'd be onto a real winner here...
                                Headgear - VR/AR solutions

VR Game Release: We Come In Peace... Oculus GearVR | Google Play Daydream

Comment

Working...
                                X