This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesosurface View Post
    Rectangular lights processed with lightmass seem to be broken, my scene now looks like it contains a star at the center of it. Completely blown out.
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-60104
    I already reported that.

Comment

Some UI feedback for what it's worth.

Sequencer:

The addition of typing in frame number is a long awaited but welcomed small feature (finally), but we need the ability to set the start and end ranges to the set frame, now it seems we still can't do that and have to manually move the range to the frame required which kind of makes the whole thing pointless.

Blueprints:

Please add the ability to create folders within BP's in order to better organize multiple assets.

I also hope Epic can squeeze in and make upgrades to the World outliner:

1 - prevent it from expanding all folders every time I play the game. Or during some other random event.

2 - Ability to drag and drop any folder or asset by scrolling a long list within the outliner instead of "Move to". At present when list of assets is too long Ouliner doesn't seem to let us do this.

Comment

I don't get how to use subsurface profile transmission correctly. The effect either invisible or too sharp and skin looks overbright, washed out, with ugly shadow artifacts. Could you give some advice how to deal with it?
        P.S. New skin specular looks great. Also area lights work great with character's eyes
        Last edited by Yura_s; 06-08-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

4.20 breaks reflection captures normalization if there is movable light even if there is precomputed lights.
          https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/4783
          Should I also report this as bug? Or is PR enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda.Bott View Post
            [/LIST]Mobile Updates:[LIST][*]All of the mobile improvements and optimizations we’ve made for Fortnite on iOS and Android
            • Improved Android Debugging
            • Mobile Landscape Improvements
            • RHI Thread on Android
            • Occlusion Queries on Mobile
            • Software Occlusion Culling
            • Platform Material Stats
            • Improve Mobile Specular Lighting Model

Is there a special way to activate these?

As a mesh I placed behind another mesh was not being culled and counted as a draw call on my Android device. Or did I misinterpret what is meant to happen with these features?

4.20 P1
            Android S8 8.0.0
            Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post

As a mesh I placed behind another mesh was not being culled and counted as a draw call on my Android device. Or did I misinterpret what is meant to happen with these features?

4.20 P1
              Android S8 8.0.0
              Perhaps it's not supported in mobile VR ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Perhaps it's not supported in mobile VR ?
                No I was testing on pure Android no VR and Open GL 2

Mobile VR was to be the next test once I saw it working on Android in general
                Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Just a heads up that including meshes modified with the new Mesh editor can cause packaging to fail without much info to go on:
                  Code:
                  UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogWindows: Error: Fatal error: [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.20+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderResource.cpp] [Line: 128]
                  UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogWindows: Error: A FRenderResource was deleted without being released first!
                  Guess there is a reason it is hidden.
                  Searching that brings up https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ng-releas.html
                  The mesh in question is vertex painted so maybe it's relevant?
                  Last edited by Dr. Whoop DSc; 06-08-2018, 04:27 PM.
                  Tracks - The Train Set Game

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post

4.20 P1
                    Android S8 8.0.0
                    I would like to know this as well. I've been doing some tests and occlusion in mobile doesn't seem to be any different from 4.19 (i.e. it doesn't work at all except for frustum culling or precomputed visibility volumes)

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by William K View Post
                      Some UI feedback for what it's worth.

Sequencer:

The addition of typing in frame number is a long awaited but welcomed small feature (finally), but we need the ability to set the start and end ranges to the set frame, now it seems we still can't do that and have to manually move the range to the frame required which kind of makes the whole thing pointless.

To set the start/end ranges, you can either scrub to the frame you want and hit the shortcuts [ or ]. Or you can type the numbers into the menu.

Comment

I cannot figure out the Blutility Context menu functionality.
                        I created an Actor Action Utility (from contentbrowser rightlick -> Blueprints -> Blutility), but it just shows an empty list "New Editor Utility Blueprint 1Actions" and there is no options, no buttons, no other tabs. Did anybody figure this out? Am I experiencing a bug?

Also, in my opinion, this should be handled exactly like "call in editor" on custom events, instead. You should have a tickbox under "call in editor" that is "list in menu" and if that is on, you get that event listed in the context menu of that actor. Or maybe I misunderstand how this thing is supposed to work in the end.
                        I also want a "call in editor" functionality for keypress events, so you can make blueprints run in editor time via button presses. Possibly even without selecting the blueprint tool.

Comment

Any advice?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.1528508025.png
Views:	8
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1486897

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot.1528506321.png Views:	1 Size:	50.8 KB ID:	1486894

I'm using Master branch as well. (It also has UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe and it does work)
                          Also, it's only affecting Launcher. Since I could run UE4Editor.exe.

Spoiler
                          Last edited by S-ed; 06-08-2018, 09:34 PM.
                          Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
                          Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

Originally posted by Max.Chen View Post

To set the start/end ranges, you can either scrub to the frame you want and hit the shortcuts [ or ]. Or you can type the numbers into the menu.
                            : ) I missed that, it's because I always right clicked and tried "set start or end time" and that never worked, the bar kept snapping to previous frames, I only assumed this would do the same.

As for the shortcuts: I could swear those were missing last i checked the docs days ago for the start/end frames.

Thanks though.

Comment

How about implementing bookmarks/favorites in material editor with even varied colors for differentiation, so that we do not have to scroll long to find what we need?

https://i.imgur.com/rT6PSCZ.png

Comment

Originally posted by S-ed View Post
                                Any advice?
                                I'm using Master branch as well. (It also has UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe and it does work)
                                Also, it's only affecting Launcher. Since I could run UE4Editor.exe.
                                Maybe have a look at your antivirus program. I had a similar error and it was due to Bitdefender that flagged one install file as a virus. Adding the UE folder to the whitelist fixed this for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X