Unreal Engine 4.20 Preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaun Kime View Post
    We've seen some reports of Niagara crashing when you create an emitter. This is due to an unresolved bug where the project isn't getting the proper config options copied over. The fix is to go into the Project Settings for Niagara Editor and import the following config file. You'll need to rename the file from .txt to .ini.
    Happened to me earlier, i noticed a lot of patches regarding Niagara on Epic github 4.20 branch since then, might come with preview 2 ?
    LinkedIn | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP | 4.17.2 | 4.16.2 | 4.15.3 | 4.14.3

Comment

this version support [ Real-Time Ray Tracing ] or not ?

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post
        this version support [ Real-Time Ray Tracing ] or not ?
        Dude...
        https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...-unreal-engine

Comment

Would be great if the final release of 4.20 can address black edges issue too
          https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...02#post1362102

Comment

RectLight is totally broken when building lights with default settings. I have already made a bug report. There is minimal test case.
            https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xv...fJWF9i6pjxplcV

Comment

new DOF is really nice! I noticed a bug though: UE 4.20 crashes when trying to export PNG sequence from sequencer. Video exporting works fine.

Comment

Hi, does this release support the new ARkit 2.0 ? And 1.2 version of ARcore ?
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Dev View Post
                  Dude LOL :P

Comment

Lod screensizes are bugged in 4.20. No matter what reduction settings you use. Automatically calculated lod distance are always powers of 0.75.(0.75 for lod1, 0.5625 for lod2, 0.421875 for lod3). So it seems that this calculating does not happen at all anymore.

Comment

The Steamworks 32-bit dll seems to be missing from the install, is this a mistake or is building projects with Steam support for 32-bit Windows no longer supported?

Comment

Dose next release (preview 2) will support ARKit 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post
                          I don't understand. Are you telling me Epic invests time and money in order to make the screen look blurry? Why in the world would I want to make part my gamescreen blurry? I mean I get it that human eyes are imperfect but why would I want to simulate that?
                          That makes no sense. What would make sense is to use resources to fix bugs that have been around since 4.19, which is btw why I haven't updated since 4.18 and won't until I read here that these hickups are fixed at the very least

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad for posting it.

Comment

Amazing, Epic !

A few questions:

What happened to the new geometry editing tools? I saw that it was updated about a month ago. Is it on the back burner again ?

Instanced Stereo Rendering: Translucency Support. We’ve taken the improvements to the Instance Stereo Rendering (ISR) path that we made for Robo Recall, and improved them to work across a more robust set of features in the engine. 4.20 adds support for performing the translucency rendering pass using ISR, which can significantly reduce CPU cost on translucency-heavy scenes
                            Is it for desktop only or for mobile/comsole VR too?

Mobile Updates:
                            • All of the mobile improvements and optimizations we’ve made for Fortnite on iOS and Android
                              • Improved Android Debugging
                              • Mobile Landscape Improvements
                              • RHO Thread on Android
                              • Occlusion Queries on Mobile
                              • Software Occlusion Culling
                              • Platform Material Stats
                              • Improve Mobile Specular Lighting Model
                            Is it only for vanilla mobile? Would it work with mobile VR (GLES2 for Gear VR and Oculus Go) ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                              Amazing, Epic !

A few questions:

What happened to the new geometry editing tools? I saw that it was updated about a month ago. Is it on the back burner again ?

Is it for desktop only or for mobile/comsole VR too?

Is it only for vanilla mobile? Would it work with mobile VR (GLES2 for Gear VR and Oculus Go) ?

Thanks
                              I second the geo tools question

Comment

Originally posted by invulse View Post

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad for posting it.
                                I don't think so. It is a fact that Epic Games needs to fix too many bugs that continously appear on UE4 releases but they even stop the subversion hotfixes now and you are forced to upgrade to the next version which then gets either all new bugs or old bugs reappearing or both.
                                I really hope that the paid monthly Unreal Engine Studio won't be the same at all. I would pay monthly for getting more features too but I really hope that at least that version will be far more reliable with less bugs and any bug quickly solved for paying customers. Although UE4 is not really free anyway for commercial use because anyone publishing a commercial game or app made with it has to pay the royalty fees to Epic Games. But still I hope Unreal Engine Studio is going to really be a premium version worth paying for to avoid too many bugs and issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X