No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.20 Preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Maya Live Link plugin doesn't seem to be included in the Engine\Extras folder.

Comment

Has anybody been able to compile a plugin for 4.20?
      I just finished updating a plugin and tried to rocket build it but it fails with the following errors (this has to do with the bug on Preview3 it seems):

C:\Users\DarkK\Documents\Unreal Projects\paperzd_builds\4_20\HostProject\Plugins\PaperZD\Source\PaperZD\PaperZD.Build.cs: warning: Referenced directory 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Source\PaperZD\Public' does not exist.
      C:\Users\DarkK\Documents\Unreal Projects\paperzd_builds\4_20\HostProject\Plugins\PaperZD\Source\PaperZD\PaperZD.Build.cs: warning: Referenced directory 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Source\PaperZD\Public\AnimNodes' does not exist.
      C:\Users\DarkK\Documents\Unreal Projects\paperzd_builds\4_20\HostProject\Plugins\PaperZD\Source\PaperZD\PaperZD.Build.cs: warning: Referenced directory 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Source\PaperZD\Public\Notifies' does not exist.
      C:\Users\DarkK\Documents\Unreal Projects\paperzd_builds\4_20\HostProject\Plugins\PaperZD\Source\PaperZDEditor\PaperZDEditor.Build.cs: warning: Referenced directory 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Source\PaperZDEditor\Public' does not exist.
      Parsing headers for UE4Editor
      Running UnrealHeaderTool UE4Editor "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
      Reflection code generated for UE4Editor in 11.1038306 seconds
      ERROR: The first include statement in source file 'C:\Users\DarkK\Documents\Unreal Projects\paperzd_builds\4_20\HostProject\Plugins\PaperZD\Source\PaperZD\Private\AnimNodes\PaperZDAnimNode.cpp' is trying to include the file 'PaperZDAnimNode.h' as the precompiled header, but that file could not be located in any of the module's include search paths.
      (see C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\UBT-UE4Editor-Win64-Development.txt for full exception trace)
      Took 42.2945424s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5

The first warnings are the same that appeared on the bug on Preview3
      it seems is the same issue that kamrann had. Just wanted to bump that up

Comment

Very excited about replication driver. More features to ease the implementation of scalable multiplayer support please!

Comment

Is anybody else experiencing Niagara modules just randomly losing properties that you've set?

I can set a property value - save and close the emitter asset, then reopen it and the property has been cleared.

Comment

Oh also - I just discovered the new UMG Rich Text Block system for 4.20 and the accompanying Image Decorator. Bloody awesome work on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
              Oh also - I just discovered the new UMG Rich Text Block system for 4.20 and the accompanying Image Decorator. Bloody awesome work on that one!
              OMG yes! This makes me so happy! Been waiting for this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
                How do you use this thing? It only seems to generate tiny purple dots when I try...

Comment

DOF Not compatible with forward shading?

I am getting a crash with Forward shading and the new circular DOF.

Comment

I just tried to launch the 4.20 preview 5 for the first time, and while installing prerequisites it tried to reboot my PC without notification. Windows logged this event:

Code:
                    The process D:\apps\UE_4.20\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe (DESKTOP) has initiated the restart of computer DESKTOP on behalf of user DESKTOP\wmassingham for the following reason: Application: Installation (Planned)
                     Reason Code: 0x80040002
                     Shutdown Type: restart
                     Comment:
                    Is it supposed to do this? I would think not. I was using my PC at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by William K View Post
                      DOF Not compatible with forward shading?

I am getting a crash with Forward shading and the new circular DOF.
                      Oups... We should have this fix. To workaround in mean time, you can disable in project settings or set r.DOF.Algorithm=0 directly in your project's DefaultEngine.ini.

Comment

Originally posted by Guillaume.Abadie View Post

Oups... We should have this fix. To workaround in mean time, you can disable in project settings or set r.DOF.Algorithm=0 directly in your project's DefaultEngine.ini.
                        Thanks, good to know it will be in the fix for the release!

Comment

Just putting this out there in case anyone experienced the same thing. I'm a MAC user and 4.19 broke a few of my plugins and asset packs. I worked with the authors for months to try to figure our a workaround but we all gave up. Like magic, trying them in 4.20 preview 5, they ALL work again. So whatever you did, thanks. Hope this sticks in the release version.

Comment

I need help, I was creating a character in Mixamo and then I passed it to ue4 and it came out that someone knows how to get the character right

Comment

So many crashes in the material editor

Comment

Originally posted by Pak0St View Post
                                Sweet! The project generator for CLion appears to be fixed since Preview 4. The CMakeList is there and from what I've observed, I needed to launch CLion twice so that it can load the project structure.
                                A few things aren't picked up from the code completion, like GetWorld()->GetDeltaSeconds() as an example. Nothing to be worried about.

Time to play more with it and see how the refactoring will work
                                Yeah seems to be working, at least partially... I've realized that generated cmake files donde include intermediate folder where "generated.h" files are created... Any workaround? I can manually add it to cmake files, but they get overriden whenever the project is rebuilt...

Comment

Working...
                                X