This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post

Actually, that HISMC bug is even worse, it also happens when you update any existinginstance, not just when you add new ones. So if you have trees that are growing or anything similar, all existing instances will get their wind reset:

Edit:

Actually, we found a "fix": If there's any static mesh existing and visible with the same mesh like the HISMC, the issue does not appear.
    AFAIK the PerInstanceRandom has always gotten reset when adding/removing foliage instances. Was there really a point where it wasn't the case?
    for this reason I don't use PerInstanceRandom but a custom solution for randomness (based on worldposition of the object pivot, sampled on the vertex shader). but I understand if you're using the SpeedTreeWind node that you can't go around it :/
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Developer of Elium - Prison Escape

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh
      None of my projects seem to package correctly in 4.20. I'm getting this (very new) error when I try to package:
      Absolutely no iea what EditorWidgets.precompiled is!
      Hopefully, should be fixed in the next Preview. See this: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...d5dc534dd8f7d4
      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
      And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Dale View Post

Python is an editor feature, and isn't limited to Studio (although Python in the 4.19 release was primarily to support Datasmith).

You should see some Python documentation for 4.20 (including API documentation) shortly.
        Will it be possible to code Blueprint thru Python ? And if yes would that be fully documented?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post

Will it be possible to code Blueprint thru Python ? And if yes would that be fully documented?
          You mean actually build a Blueprint graph via Python (like you can with material graphs)?

I'm not sure as that would really be up to the Blueprint team to create a scripting exposed API to build Blueprints (or you could make your own).

Comment

Originally posted by Selentic View Post

Doesn't really say anything beyond re-iterating that they won't fix it. Like I understand that it was a hacky way of retrieving the lighting info in a material, but as far as I'm aware it was the only way, and breaking it is a showstopper for anyone working with stylized lighting under forward rendering.

Can we please get a proper method of retrieving the lighting data in a material if this isn't going to be fixed?
            I think the reason it's marked as won't fix is because it isn't really broken, per-se. Now, I'm not a graphics programmer, nor do I work for Epic, but what I think this comes down to is a fundamental difference between how the deferred and forward renderers achieve a final image.

The deferred renderer achieves a final image by rendering multiple separate layers of the image (base color, direct lighting, indirect lighting, reflections, ect.) and combining them into the final image that you see. This allows a lot of flexibility, but isn't overly efficient. The forward renderer, on the other hand, is custom tuned to speed, doing those processes in a more rigid and efficient manner. This makes it difficult to use for fringe cases like stylized rendering, unless the renderer is written with that express purpose in mind (which Unreal's forward renderer wasn't.)

My guess is that the forward renderer is combining rendering passes that are usually separate in the deferred renderer in order to speed up rendering time, resulting in the aforementioned "interference" in the light attenuation texture. If Epic isn't planning on doing anything about this, then it's either because it's not possible with how the forward renderer is coded, or because doing so would incur an unacceptable performance cost.

That's just my guess though.

Comment

Originally posted by XsynthZ View Post

I think the reason it's marked as won't fix is because it isn't really broken, per-se. Now, I'm not a graphics programmer, nor do I work for Epic, but what I think this comes down to is a fundamental difference between how the deferred and forward renderers achieve a final image.

My guess is that the forward renderer is combining rendering passes that are usually separate in the deferred renderer in order to speed up rendering time, resulting in the aforementioned "interference" in the light attenuation texture. If Epic isn't planning on doing anything about this, then it's either because it's not possible with how the forward renderer is coded, or because doing so would incur an unacceptable performance cost.
              I'm not a graphics programmer either, but...

The data is still there (Hair, tail, ears), the only thing that's changed is that garbage data is also being fed into it on top of that. It's not a matter of it not being possible, it's been there for several engine versions, and given that the data is still present I doubt it's a matter of performance either otherwise it would've been cut out entirely.

vOv

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                Hopefully, should be fixed in the next Preview. See this: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...d5dc534dd8f7d4
                Awesome - thanks for the link. How do you guys find these specific fixes without searching through commit notes manually??

EDIT: Also - Should be noted I fixed my issue by NOT including the "Cascade" module as a dependency unless building for Editor.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post

Awesome - thanks for the link. How do you guys find these specific fixes without searching through commit notes manually??
                  I don't. I submitted the bug request about this ".precompiled" errors in runtime modules: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-61215

Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                  And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Awesome. Thankyou!

Comment

Is there an ETA for the release?

Comment

THESE ARE TWO ISSUES ABOUT UNREAL ENGINE CRASHES !!!

Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG') : : Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.19+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 182] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

GPU has crashed : : Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.19+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 819]
                        Rendering thread exception:
                        Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.19+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Query.cpp] [Line: 111]
                        GPU has crashed

Comment

Originally posted by RAKESH KAMAARA View Post
                          THESE ARE TWO ISSUES ABOUT UNREAL ENGINE CRASHES !!!

Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG') : : Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.19+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 182] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

GPU has crashed : : Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.19+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 819]
                          Rendering thread exception:
                          Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.19+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Query.cpp] [Line: 111]
                          GPU has crashed
                          The information has little to none on how to fix your issue. The correct way is to explain how to reproduce the error in steps and if possible to create a small project with it and submit. Also, posting here is not the proper channel, you need to use the following form: How To Report a Bug Guide
                          Nilson Lima
                          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

There still a bug in displaying yaw/pitch/roll info in 4K displays (look where Roll is printed). Windows 10, 4K monitor, scale 150%. It was working just fine in 4.16-18, but got totally screwed in 4.19. Got better in 4.20 but still incorrect.
                            BTW, I reported it in bug report couple months ago, but no idea if it made it there...
                            Last edited by Flash7; 07-09-2018, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I'm updating a personal project to UE4.20. I noticed a few changes happened with UNavigationSystem.

As per the deprecation comments in the code I converted everything to use FNavigationSystem::GetCurrent<UNavigationSystemV1>(UWorld *World)

Everything compiles now but I'm getting link errors

Code:
                              2>VRCharacter.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: static class UClass * __cdecl UNavigationSystemV1::GetPrivateStaticClass(void)" (__imp_?GetPrivateStaticClass@UNavigationSystemV1@@CAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function "private: void __cdecl AVRCharacter::UpdateDestinationMarker(void)" (?UpdateDestinationMarker@AVRCharacter@@AEAAXXZ)
                              2>VRCharacter.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: bool __cdecl UNavigationSystemV1::ProjectPointToNavigation(struct FVector const &,struct FNavLocation &,struct FVector const &,struct FNavAgentProperties const *,class TSharedPtr<struct FNavigationQueryFilter const ,1>)" (__imp_?ProjectPointToNavigation@UNavigationSystemV1@@QEAA_NAEBUFVector@@AEAUFNavLocation@@0PEBUFNavAgentProperties@@V?$TSharedPtr@$$CBUFNavigationQueryFilter@@$00@@@Z) referenced in function "private: void __cdecl AVRCharacter::UpdateDestinationMarker(void)" (?UpdateDestinationMarker@AVRCharacter@@AEAAXXZ)
                              I'm fairly new to UE4 and still figuring out lots of the build process. Accessing `UNavigationSystemV1` directly doesn't seem right. I'm probably doing something wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by crushforth View Post
                                I'm updating a personal project to UE4.20. I noticed a few changes happened with UNavigationSystem.

As per the deprecation comments in the code I converted everything to use FNavigationSystem::GetCurrent<UNavigationSystemV1>(UWorld *World)

Everything compiles now but I'm getting link errors

Code:
                                2>VRCharacter.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: static class UClass * __cdecl UNavigationSystemV1::GetPrivateStaticClass(void)" (__imp_?GetPrivateStaticClass@UNavigationSystemV1@@CAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function "private: void __cdecl AVRCharacter::UpdateDestinationMarker(void)" (?UpdateDestinationMarker@AVRCharacter@@AEAAXXZ)
                                2>VRCharacter.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: bool __cdecl UNavigationSystemV1::ProjectPointToNavigation(struct FVector const &,struct FNavLocation &,struct FVector const &,struct FNavAgentProperties const *,class TSharedPtr<struct FNavigationQueryFilter const ,1>)" (__imp_?ProjectPointToNavigation@UNavigationSystemV1@@QEAA_NAEBUFVector@@AEAUFNavLocation@@0PEBUFNavAgentProperties@@V?$TSharedPtr@$$CBUFNavigationQueryFilter@@$00@@@Z) referenced in function "private: void __cdecl AVRCharacter::UpdateDestinationMarker(void)" (?UpdateDestinationMarker@AVRCharacter@@AEAAXXZ)
                                I'm fairly new to UE4 and still figuring out lots of the build process. Accessing `UNavigationSystemV1` directly doesn't seem right. I'm probably doing something wrong here.
                                Try adding 'NavigationSystem' to the PublicDependencyModuleNames list in your Build.cs

Comment

Working...
                                X