• Show
Clear All

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-61513

why is this labeled won't fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Selentic View Post
      https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-61513

why is this labeled won't fix?
      Because Fortnite doesn't use Forward Renderer ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Because Fortnite doesn't use Forward Renderer ?
        It doesn't? I thought it did use the forward renderer at least on the Switch.
        [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post

It doesn't? I thought it did use the forward renderer at least on the Switch.
          I think it's only used in RoboRecall.
          Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
          And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Amanda.Bott When I click on the "Unresolved issues in 4.20 Preview targeted to be fixed by the 4.20 Release" link, it says"I tried but couldn't find anything...". Something seems wrong there?
            Guido Lein
            Technical Artist - LeFx www.lefx.de

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post

I think it's only used in RoboRecall.
              Bingo! It's kinda sad to see VR rendering isn't being developed further

Comment

Well, given that, I'd also very much like to know why the issue isn't being fixed. Amanda.Bott or DanielW could anyone provide us with some info as to why https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-61513 is marked as "Won't Fix"?

Edit:

The reason was edited into the issue page:

Developer Reply: We do not guarantee backwards compatability for custom expressions using implementation-detail engine features.
                Last edited by DamirH; 07-06-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
                  Well, given that, I'd also very much like to know why the issue isn't being fixed. Amanda.Bott or DanielW could anyone provide us with some info as to why https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-61513 is marked as "Won't Fix"?

Edit:

The reason was edited into the issue page:
                  Doesn't really say anything beyond re-iterating that they won't fix it. Like I understand that it was a hacky way of retrieving the lighting info in a material, but as far as I'm aware it was the only way, and breaking it is a showstopper for anyone working with stylized lighting under forward rendering.

Can we please get a proper method of retrieving the lighting data in a material if this isn't going to be fixed?
                  Last edited by Selentic; 07-06-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gidiodev View Post
                    with the new release 4.20 preview 5 I can no longer create new Unreal Studio Product View projects because when I start my project, it tells me that it can not access a plugin
                    Can you confirm that you have updated both the Unreal Engine 4.20 and the Datasmith plugin to the latest version? During the Previews, both the engine and the plugin must be installed to the same version.
                    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 07-06-2018, 11:40 AM.
                    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Excited to see Niagra, Mixed Reality, the new DoF system, and also the area lights.
                      What are the supported cameras and capture cards?

Will PS4 SDK 5.5 be supported in 4.20?

Comment

Originally posted by LeFxGuy View Post
                        When I click on the "Unresolved issues in 4.20 Preview targeted to be fixed by the 4.20 Release" link, it says"I tried but couldn't find anything...". Something seems wrong there?
                        They weren't all shared publicly. Check again and you'll see the current list.
                        Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Are there any plans to add Python bindings to the Engine itself? From what I can see python is only currently available in Unreal Studio?
                          Last edited by ImmortalEmperor; 07-06-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Selentic View Post

Doesn't really say anything beyond re-iterating that they won't fix it. Like I understand that it was a hacky way of retrieving the lighting info in a material, but as far as I'm aware it was the only way, and breaking it is a showstopper for anyone working with stylized lighting under forward rendering.

Can we please get a proper method of retrieving the lighting data in a material if this isn't going to be fixed?
                            I'd love to see this as well really.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalEmperor View Post
                              Are there any plans to add Python bindings to the Engine itself? From what I can see python is only currently available in Unreal Studio?
                              Python is an editor feature, and isn't limited to Studio (although Python in the 4.19 release was primarily to support Datasmith).

You should see some Python documentation for 4.20 (including API documentation) shortly.

Comment

Can we expect Dynamic Material Instance support in 4.20 for the Material Layer system?

Comment

Working...
                                X