• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE="Cheshire Dev;n1485647"]Amanda.Bott
    Sadly, all links to issues are incorrect

They're all updated!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrey View Post
      4.20p1 still has huge memory leak and stuttering on a range of machines.
      This one worries me. I suspect it's due to all the rendering changes in 4.19 for Temporal Upsampling etc...

Could it be this? https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-58673

Comment

Great update!

Digital Humans Improvements. A set of improvements targeted at both skin and eye rendering. Including dual lobe specular for skin, subsurface scattering for the eye material model and more.
        Where can we find these updates? Are there any new example files or dcoumentation on this we can test with?

Has backscatter or "transmission" finally been added to skin?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post

This one worries me. I suspect it's due to all the rendering changes in 4.19 for Temporal Upsampling etc...

Could it be this? https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-58673

The issue was introduced somewhere between 4.18.2 and 4.19.0 inclusively.
          That ticket has the same symptoms, but It is not restricted to UMaterialBillboardComponent only.

The best summary that can be given is as follows:

Range activities on certain combination of hardware and software cause progressively deteriorating hitching and memory leak, both in editor and shipping configuration cooks.

Comment

It's baffling to see experienced cpp engine programmers somehow managed to introduce such massive memory leaks.
            | Finite State Machine | Auto-Save Plugin | USQLite Plugin | Object-Pool Plugin | Sound-Occlusion Plugin | Anti-Cheat Plugin |

Comment

Any news on https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-51650 ?
              Targeted fix is 4.20 but it doesn't seem to be in any of the lists

Comment

Loving the new changes! Noticed that the new cinematic depth of field looks great at 1080p but starts to have issues like this at higher resolutions: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...nes-issue.html
                ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

Could someone please point me to the "list of supported webcams & HDMI capture devices" mentioned under VR/AR Updates? Thanks so much!

VR/AR Updates:
                  • Mixed Reality Capture: Early Access. The early access Mixed Reality Capture support has three components: video input, calibration, and in-game compositing. We have a list of supported webcams and HDMI capture devices that enable you to pull real world green screened video into the Engine from a variety of sources. ‘

Comment

Any news/documentation on Volume Textures? The Trello board suggested this was coming in 4.20...?

Comment

Blaze it !!! Wanted to say that since 4.18. Great update btw

Comment

Wow finaly alembic and dof! thank Epic!

Comment

Nice! Any update on dynamic resolution scaling on PC?

Comment

Also still having memory leaks. Did Epic even give a statement or something? Even your top Fortnite twitch streamers are forced to restart their whole game after a couple of matches.
                            Last edited by Ninjin; 06-06-2018, 03:24 PM.
                            https://twitter.com/Ninjin42

Comment

Originally posted by 8Infinite8 View Post
                              Great update!

Where can we find these updates? Are there any new example files or dcoumentation on this we can test with?

Has backscatter or "transmission" finally been added to skin?
                              Yes, transmission is added for dynamic lights. I just opened their photoreal character example in 4.20.
                              Lighting Artist @ Crystal Dynamics
                              Former Lighting Artist @ Obsidian Entertainment
                              ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by rosegoldslugs View Post

Yes, transmission is added for dynamic lights. I just opened their photoreal character example in 4.20.
                                Thanks I can see the hook in the lights but it's a barely noticable effect on the skin. There's also no hook in the skin shader for transmission? Backscatter as it was previously listed is purely for the soft top level SSS not true backscatter or transmission as Epic call it now. I hope on full release their will be indepth documentation.
                                _________________________________________________
                                I N F I N I T E
                                www.ir-ltd.net
                                www.triplegangers.com

Comment

Working...
                                X