Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! I have some problems in 4.20 with plugin (spine runtime). When i trying to build project in 4.20 there going errors "Referenced directories does not exist".
    Same project but on 4.19 work fine & build.
    As I understand, there is some problem with .build.cs files which has wrong directory definition.

Can anybody say how to solve it?
    PS: Ive tried to use in IncludePath full path like 'D:/GitHub/prj/Plugins/Spine
    and etc
    ", that help to not get errors, but file compile still has errors (the same at with direction errors)Click image for larger version

Name:	nameless.png
Views:	14
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1494468

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by GloryOfNight View Post
        Hi! I have some problems in 4.20 with plugin (spine runtime). When i trying to build project in 4.20 there going errors "Referenced directories does not exist".
        Same project but on 4.19 work fine & build.
        As I understand, there is some problem with .build.cs files which has wrong directory definition.

Can anybody say how to solve it?
        PS: Ive tried to use in IncludePath full path like 'D:/GitHub/prj/Plugins/Spine
        and etc

", that help to not get errors, but file compile still has errors (the same at with direction errors)Click image for larger version  Name:	nameless.png Views:	1 Size:	23.1 KB ID:	1494468
        I already reported, fix should be included in the next update: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-60969
        Just remove this paths from build.cs.

UPD. Please let me know if you could package your plugin (or build -Shipping.lib). I can't do it even without these warnings.
        Last edited by YuriNK; 06-27-2018, 08:16 AM.
        Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
        And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post

I already reported, fix should be included in the next update:
          https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-60969
          Just remove this paths from build.cs.

Thx a lot. I will wait for next preview update.

Comment

That's how binaries changed for engine plugins. I believe it's related to my problem with packaging plugins for shipping.
            Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
            And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Nothing for 2D in a really long time.. Paper 2D is barebones and poorly documented. Any plans? Or is 2D a dead affair for Unreal?

Comment

Originally posted by v_i_m View Post
                Nothing for 2D in a really long time.. Paper 2D is barebones and poorly documented. Any plans? Or is 2D a dead affair for Unreal?
                Yes, developers stated a long time ago that Paper2D isn't in active development. So nobody works on this. There are some bug fixes from time to time. That's it.
                Last edited by Doctor Ergot; 06-27-2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Anyone else getting this error when opening their project in the latest 4.20 preview?:

LogObj: Error: LoadConfig (/Script/Engine.Default__RendererSettings): import failed for bEnableAlphaChannelInPostProcessing in: False

It causes my android cook to fail ... Doing a Google for bEnableAlphaChannelInPostProcessing comes up empty and I don't see this set in any of my configs...
                  Last edited by aussieburger; 06-27-2018, 02:10 PM.
                  Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
                    Anyone else getting this error when opening their project in the latest 4.20 preview?:

LogObj: Error: LoadConfig (/Script/Engine.Default__RendererSettings): import failed for bEnableAlphaChannelInPostProcessing in: False

It causes my android cook to fail ... Doing a Google for bEnableAlphaChannelInPostProcessing comes up empty and I don't see this set in any of my configs...
                    I had the same thing in one of my tests, verifying the files fixed the issue for me.
                    FPS Game Starter Kit
                    Retro Game Starter Kit
                    Quiz Game Starter Kit
                    Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

Comment

Hey guys, i'm still a bit new to Unreal and Python... but I have been playing with their native Python. Can anyone help me get the selected asset from the content browser via Python? I thought this one would do the trick, but I get an error:

unreal.GlobalEditorUtilityBase.get_selected_assets()

The error is :
                      TypeError: descriptor 'get_selected_assets' of 'GlobalEditorUtilityBase' object needs an argument

What type of argument would I need to write to get it to check what I have selected?
                      Thanks ahead of time, guys

Comment

Originally posted by koola View Post

Cool! I will try again on the next preview
                        I've already tested the latest master, and it does indeed seem like all of the fixes are working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by SB1985 View Post

I had the same thing in one of my tests, verifying the files fixed the issue for me.
                          Thanks just tried it out but unfortunately it does not fix the issue for me

*MORE INFO:* I found how to reproduce it:

1. Create a AR Template project in 4.19.2 binary
                          2. Open project in 4.20P4

Notice you get the error and can no longer build for Android. So it's related to something in the new AR plugins breaking existing AR projects.
                          Last edited by aussieburger; 06-28-2018, 02:32 AM.
                          Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post

Thanks just tried it out but unfortunately it does not fix the issue for me

*MORE INFO:* I found how to reproduce it:

1. Create a AR Template project in 4.19.2 binary
                            2. Open project in 4.20P4

Notice you get the error and can no longer build for Android. So it's related to something in the new AR plugins breaking existing AR projects.
                            I get a similar error trying to package a shipping build for my AR project for iOS using preview 4. My project was upgraded from 4.19.2 also. Running Verify in the launcher didn't fix the problem for me either.

This is the iOS package error.
                            Code:
                            UATHelper: Packaging (iOS):   LogObj: Error: LoadConfig (/Script/Engine.Default__RendererSettings): import failed for bEnableAlphaChannelInPostProcessing in: False
                            PackagingResults: Error: LoadConfig (/Script/Engine.Default__RendererSettings): import failed for bEnableAlphaChannelInPostProcessing in: False
                            I've tried deleting all the project temp/saved files but that doesn't fix things.

Comment

Hi
                              I installed the 4th preview of ue 4.2 on Linux. Now i have a problem with lighting that i didn't in 4.19v. When i open any sample project or import anything to ue, in the lighting mode, everything is totally white! But in the unlit view, textures and colors are fine so i think it's the problem of lighting. Can you please help me about this?
                              Here are pictures of my ue:

Comment

Getting very strange 13-16ms frame time jumps in PIE or pure game mode (game launched separately) even on fresh empty projects, I have tracked it down to "UI Drawing Time" (this is not Slate/Editor UI) function in the game thread. Any idea how to fix the issue, the root cause of the bug?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_141190.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	328.5 KB
ID:	1495073

Comment

Working...
                                X