Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic going ham on them bugs. Is this the effect of Fortnite success and the experience from developing it?
    Either way its awesome.

Comment

Amanda.Bott
      Can you confirm the UE4.20 will only run on MacOS 10.13+, and thus ditching the 10.12 support for future version of UE4?

LinkedIn | fabianofriedrich
      RevEngLab | www.revenglab.com
      TZERO Architecture | www.tzero.org

Comment

Please have as many previews as you need to fix all the bugs! Awesome job so far though!
        Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Wishlist Neko Ghost, Jump! a 2D/3D Puzzle-Platformer : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ko_Ghost_Jump/

Comment

Am I the only one having weird artefacts with the new DOF ? (screenshot done with the last preview)
          Guillaume.Abadie

Last edited by koola; 06-26-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koola View Post
            Am I the only one having weird artefacts with the new DOF ? (screenshot done with the last preview)
            Guillaume.Abadie

I've only gotten these if you have a very narrow DOF, suggesting that the blur is just way too strong. Have you tried adjusting the blade count? Also you can reduce the DOF by setting the max f/stop in your lens setting, which changes it to "Custom", but allows you to go beyond what the lens is locked at(usually the max is f/22)... assuming this is with the Cine Camera...

Lighting Artist @ Rockstar Games
            ArtStation
            Twitter

Comment

Guillaume.Abadie

First issue: what quality settings it that? I just fixed an issue like this yesterday. I'll investigate.

Second issue, is known a limitation of the algorithm for foreground when it have large variety of foreground Circle of Confusion. There is ideas on how to fix that, but doable in the timeframe? Work around, you can bind your maximum bluring radius independently for the foreground with r.DOF.Kernel.MaxForegroundRadius.

Comment

Playing with Niagara instanced mesh render particles, and noticed that one of my 100 particles shows up in VR. For some reason, the particle instancing isn't showing in VR. Is this a known issue? This is in CPU mode.

When I switch it to GPU mode, the particles show up in only one eye.
                Last edited by 3dlight; 06-26-2018, 04:26 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Originally posted by rosegoldslugs View Post

I've only gotten these if you have a very narrow DOF, suggesting that the blur is just way too strong. Have you tried adjusting the blade count? Also you can reduce the DOF by setting the max f/stop in your lens setting, which changes it to "Custom", but allows you to go beyond what the lens is locked at(usually the max is f/22)... assuming this is with the Cine Camera...
                  Thanks for your reply.
                  The thing is, even with a "light blur", I've got some of this artefacts

Originally posted by Guillaume.Abadie View Post

First issue: what quality settings it that? I just fixed an issue like this yesterday. I'll investigate.

Second issue, is known a limitation of the algorithm for foreground when it have large variety of foreground Circle of Confusion. There is ideas on how to fix that, but doable in the timeframe? Work around, you can bind your maximum bluring radius independently for the foreground with r.DOF.Kernel.MaxForegroundRadius.

Thanks for your reply too
                  All screenshot are in Epic quality.
                  it's really weird, most of the screenshots / videos I saw did not seem to have any problem.
                  Last edited by koola; 06-26-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply too
                    All screenshot are in Epic quality.
                    it's really weird, most of the screenshots / videos I saw did not seem to have any problem.
                    This sort of issue even on small convolution should not happen, would you be able to share your level with place cameras, as well as resolution settings?

Comment

Found that I actually missed preview 4 window, there is 9 DOF fixes that have not made it into the preview 4, but are on latest 4.20 github.
                      Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 06-26-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guillaume.Abadie View Post
                        Found that I actually missed preview 4 window, there is 9 DOF fixes that have not made it into the preview 4, but are on lattest 4.20 githug.
                        Cool! I will try again on the next preview
                        ____________________________________________________________
                        https://twitter.com/Koola_UE4

Comment

Awesome,

Can't wait for the UE-60858 Clion fix!

Comment

Trying to download 4.20 but launcher library only contains 4.19.2. Clicked on + button but that only brings up 4.18, am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by jgbrock View Post
                              Trying to download 4.20 but launcher library only contains 4.19.2. Clicked on + button but that only brings up 4.18, am I missing something?
                              There is an arrow where the version number appears, which you can click and see the list of all versions including the 4.20 preview
                              Nilson Lima
                              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                              Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                              supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Hi! I have some problems in 4.20 with plugin (spine runtime). When i trying to build project in 4.20 there going errors "Referenced directories does not exist".
                                Same project but on 4.19 work fine & build.
                                As I understand, there is some problem with .build.cs files which has wrong directory definition.

Can anybody say how to solve it?
                                PS: Ive tried to use in IncludePath full path like 'D:/GitHub/prj/Plugins/Spine
                                and etc
                                ", that help to not get errors, but file compile still has errors (the same at with direction errors)Click image for larger version

Name:	nameless.png
Views:	154
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1494468

Comment

Working...
                                X