Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$12 Million Worth of Paragon Assets Released

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    It would be nice to get an answer to my question: Does Epic plan on releasing the high-poly character models?
    I hope they do, because it would be interesting to take a look at them and perhaps edit them.

    Comment


      Hello forum user,

      I just opened the demo map "ParagonSample" from Paragon Asset provided by EPIC to see which parts it contains. I wonder how the water surface is made in the map (see screenshot). The texture adapts exactly to the contour of the individual islands (in the screenshot the water surface is scaled to make it easier to see). It has only one material with different textures applied to it.
      I've not rebuild the Lightning so the schadows are from the objects before scaling the water plane.
      Thank you very much in Advance for any help that will be appreciated.
      cgarchitekt
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cgArchitekt; 04-27-2018, 04:41 PM.

      Comment


        This is stupid, why can't you people at epic games release paragon has a offline client. My goodness

        Comment


          Hello, thanks for all those awesome assets Epic Games!
          Last edited by EalySophie; 04-28-2018, 02:33 AM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Amanda.Bott View Post
            We are extremely excited to announce that we’ve released $12 million worth of assets from our action MOBA Paragon on the Unreal Engine Marketplace. They’re all free to use in your Unreal Engine 4 projects with no strings attached! Below you can find more information on these assets. We look forward to seeing what developers around the world do with them! Share your work on social media with us by tagging us on Facebook and using the #UE4 hashtag on Twitter and Instagram.

            Where can I download the Paragon assets?
            All of the Paragon assets are available now for free download on the Marketplace. You can find an easy link for the content at http://unrealengine.com/paragon.

            How much do I have pay for the Paragon assets?
            Nothing! They’re completely free. You can use them in both commercial and non-commercial Unreal Engine 4 projects.

            What’s included in each pack?
            Each character pack includes the base meshes, textures, skins, animations, abilities and character FX, and dialogue. Additionally, Shinbi’s animation Blueprints have been reconstructed to provide an example of how to set them up for the other character packs.

            The environment pack includes a number of elements from both the Monolith and Agora maps, including structures such as turrets, inhibitors, and towers. Additionally, a sample map built with pieces from Monolith, Agora, and Kite demo assets is included.

            The Announcer Audio pack includes the sound cues and .wav files for the announcer’s dialogue.

            Which Paragon Assets are available now?

            Characters
            • Countess
            • Crunch
            • Dekker
            • Feng Mao
            • Gadget
            • GRIM.exe
            • Grux
            • Howitzer
            • Khaimera
            • Kwang
            • Minions and Jungle Creeps
            • Murdock
            • Muriel
            • Phase
            • Rampage
            • Riktor
            • Serath
            • Sevarog
            • Shinbi
            • Twinblast
            Environments
            • Monolith and Agora Environment Assets
            Other
            • Announcer Audio
            What version of Unreal Engine will these work with?
            The Paragon Asset packs are compatible with 4.19.

            How do I add them to my my project?
            1. Log in to the Epic Games launcher
            2. Go to the Library tab, and find the asset under ‘Vault’
            3. Select ‘Add to Project’
            4. Select the project you'd like to add them to
            How do I setup the animation on the characters other than Shinbi?
            Jay Hosfelt will be joining us on the March 29th livestream at 11AM PT / 2PM ET to walk through how to set up the animation Blueprints for the Paragon characters. Be sure to head over to http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine and give us a follow to be notified when the stream goes live.

            If you’d like to get started before then, take a look at the animation Blueprint documentation.

            Are there any restrictions on the use of the Paragon assets?
            As with all of Epic’s internally developed assets, the Paragon assets are only licensed for use in Unreal Engine 4.

            Are you going to release more?
            Yes! Additional Paragon Asset packs will be made available through summer 2018.
            Why is the game closed now? it was the only game I played for the past year. and its just gone.... why... wtf.... WHY!!!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Fertialmanatee View Post

              Why is the game closed now? it was the only game I played for the past year. and its just gone.... why... wtf.... WHY!!!
              Mainly because of Fortnite.
              Checkout Project "TwinBlaster" my current game in progress.
              [FREE] - 2D ROPE! Find out more here!
              Forgive my username... It's an old game name and wrote it down as a habit.

              Comment


                Originally posted by SkeetonYu View Post

                Mainly because of Fortnite.
                How come ?

                Comment


                  Hello Amanda,

                  did you hear about my bug messages in german language(infotronic)? I wanna help you as i can. Im lvl0-UE4-Skilla! Coudl you answear the question, whats the real reason to xlose paragon? Money? Frustration? In my point of view there are enogh peepelz whom wants to play and stay right now the Paragon. Bring it out in a classic array, 50$, therefor 70 maps and 60 heros, Monster-AI a must-give for all the singledudes and your awesome group of friends reach a wealthcommon like you doesnt need to.. Or did your boss lost his wife? Hahaha, Donald Trump was knocking your doors to close it by his uncontrollable might, allright?? Sorry for that but i do not understand as while my Khai not jumpin. World is waitin. In love,

                  Yajirobi

                  Comment


                    Perhaps an enterprising developer will use these resources to create a new game!

                    Comment


                      Releasing such professional resources for Paragon probably involves a chance to see the game relaunched by Epic Games or taken over by another developer, although there is also the possibility that a group of fans could use these content elements to redo their own version of this game.


                      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
                      Appvalley Tutuapp Tweakbox
                      Last edited by hudayfi88; 06-27-2018, 06:49 AM.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Amanda.Bott View Post
                        Are there any restrictions on the use of the Paragon assets?
                        As with all of Epic’s internally developed assets, the Paragon assets are only licensed for use in Unreal Engine 4.

                        Are you going to release more?
                        Yes! Additional Paragon Asset packs will be made available through summer 2018.
                        Hi Amanda, when the next asset package will come out?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by EsoxFringe View Post
                          Hi Amanda, when the next asset package will come out?
                          We don't have an official date to announce yet, but keep an eye out for them.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Amanda.Bott View Post

                            We don't have an official date to announce yet, but keep an eye out for them.
                            Dear Amanda,

                            Thanks for the reply.

                            However, I have a request to be made at Epic Games. In your generosity you have shared successes in various ways. Increasing royalties on the marketplace. Releasing millions of dollars of assets. Releasing technology demos over 5 years ahead of the competition.

                            Your team made a masterpiece in 2015. The Legacy map of Paragon.

                            I remember the first review I made. We were all open-mouthed. A game had never surpassed its teaser in beauty.

                            That map is no longer enjoyable since November 2016. If we need to be rational, that map is just a bunch of data in a backup.

                            I ask you, supported by the great community that still loves Paragon, to make that map available.

                            UNESCO should make Legacy a World Heritage Site. I'm not exaggerating. A masterpiece is a masterpiece.

                            Thanks Amanda for the attention.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by EsoxFringe View Post

                              Dear Amanda,

                              Thanks for the reply.

                              However, I have a request to be made at Epic Games. In your generosity you have shared successes in various ways. Increasing royalties on the marketplace. Releasing millions of dollars of assets. Releasing technology demos over 5 years ahead of the competition.

                              Your team made a masterpiece in 2015. The Legacy map of Paragon.

                              I remember the first review I made. We were all open-mouthed. A game had never surpassed its teaser in beauty.

                              That map is no longer enjoyable since November 2016. If we need to be rational, that map is just a bunch of data in a backup.

                              I ask you, supported by the great community that still loves Paragon, to make that map available.

                              UNESCO should make Legacy a World Heritage Site. I'm not exaggerating. A masterpiece is a masterpiece.

                              Thanks Amanda for the attention.
                              It is a pity that the best game of history (Paragon) had no continuity with the economic success that his little brother Fornite is reaping. It would have been a success if they had listened to the community when they asked about the direction they should take to make Paragon great again.

                              I wish Epic heard me or read and help a little to the projects that are coming out to make a new paragon ... and give a good help would be to give us the heroes with the animations and skills already added by default in some way or offered the maps that already had.

                              Or even that they returned to take the game and upload it in the servers ...I MISS PARAGON SO MUCH!!!

                              Comment


                                I play Fornite some times but not like Paragon. To me the best game i played ever and I pray every day so that Epic offers us someday an opportunity to play again. I still think like you and I join the request to make paragon great again.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X