Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^I agree there is nothing to debate here, this was awesome of epic to do this......and still people find a way to talk it down like well its just a promo nothing meaningful to see here move along, its ridiculous to say the least
    Jetpack Animations | My Youtube

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting some of these responses out to you. Let me know if we missed anything!

Are you allowed to render artwork or other 2D formats in other software than Unreal using them too? (just 2D videos and images not redistributing mesh) such as Blender Cycles, Poser, iClone, Carrara, Octane etc?
      • Yes, but final products must not be used in any other game engine.

I can’t seem to find the sound cues for abilities and attacks. Care to point me in the right direction?
      • All dialogue can be found in each hero’s pack, inside the sounds folder. Those file paths should look as follows: /Content/Paragon[HeroName]/Characters/Heroes/[HeroName]/Sounds/. At this time only the dialogue has been released.

Does Epic plan on releasing the sound effects as well?
      • At this time we have only released the dialogue cues. We currently do not have plans to release the sound FX.

How come this is only available for Windows, via the Epic Games Launcher?
      • As with all Marketplace items, these products are available on the Unreal Engine Marketplace and downloadable through the Epic Games launcher, which is available for both Windows and Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
        Asset exportation has been disabled for a great many asset types with regards to these assets, most notably textures and meshes. I'm not aware of which guide you're referring to, it would be helpful to all of us who are currently bound by the limitation if a link were provided. That being said, even if there is a potential workaround, why should developers have to jump through all of these hoops just to export content so we can use it in a meaningful way? And what I mean by that isn't modifying a few vertexes on a mesh, or swapping some textures out in a material instance through UE4, but for serious developers who can repurpose the assets through the standard tools used to develop games such as photoshop or your preferential modeling package. I gave the example with hair texturing above. And just so there is no misunderstanding, with the sole intent of using the subsequently created asset in UE4 exclusively, not in another engine.
        Im with you bro, We should not have to deal with this kinda stuff with Epic Assets

Comment

Originally posted by Basement Bob View Post
          I made the below videos, meshes, skeleton and textures export out adjust then back into unreal,

probably quicker and better ways, I'm no expert someone mentioned using the node "export to render target" but I haven't tried it. the export to texture node works, but exports as HDR,
          hope these help, I don't make tutorials, just trying to give back to the community.

Export of textures, basic import to Substance Painter, hair opacity, just the basics

Transferring Paragon Characters to blender, creating animations and importing back to UE, re targeting to original skeleton, re-targeting to mannequin is same procedure
          Appreciate the links Basement Bob. =)

SEJonF.com | Twitter | Youtube | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 Marketplace SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles! Free Asset Demo | Fantasy WIP | Ice Shader

Comment

No love for my links, lol I see how it is......you are welcome!
            Jetpack Animations | My Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by iamjohngalt1975 View Post
              No love for my links, lol I see how it is......you are welcome!
              Only just noticed yours. Thanks.

SEJonF.com | Twitter | Youtube | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 Marketplace SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles! Free Asset Demo | Fantasy WIP | Ice Shader

Comment

Personal I would love to know how to setup the control and what does what in unreal engine (attack the paragon characters do and "how to set them up in your own projects").

Comment

Paragon - Stand Alone Version

Amanda.Bott & [EPIC] Kalvothe

I noticed suggestions on Reddit & on the Paragon forums mentioning leaving the PVE part of Paragon available and think this would be a great idea even for UE4 Developers.

If Paragon is completely taken down after the 26th there will be no 'Point of Reference' for all the animations, attacks, gameplay, or Lore that the assets were designed for, leaving Unreal developers with nothing to learn from to some degree.

I also believe that it would allow some disclosure for players, devs, and possibly even some Epic Employees that have spent years with Paragon.

If nothing but to take any server dependencies out & create a bare-bone implementation, I believe it would help.
                  And also that it would be an excellent showcase example for others to see & learn from and a monument to Paragon & what Epic is trying to do for the gaming community.

& thanks Epic - Ayretek

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post

Yeah, another thing to factor into it is licensing fees and the cost of goods produced such as the face scan data. Those can be rather expensive. But your overall sentiments unfortunately seem to be the vibe I'm getting from this. There has been no communication from them since making this announcement, specifically addressing the concerns that these asset's can't really be used in any meaningful way given the unnecessary restrictions that have been placed on it. The gaming publications that run the story don't delve into those details unfortunately, they see the headlines and run with it while the actual devs are left scratching their heads because they can't re-purpose the assets in any way for other UE4 projects. It's a glorified model/vfx viewer to be quite honest.
                    That's true, and other miscellaneous things I may have left out, still not reaching 12m though. I was unaware of the restrictions though! I was under the impression that the assets were free to use in unreal engine based projects... If there is an issue with using them, then that is quite a shame, some assets look to be useful for a multitude of game types (the characters fit a few mixed genres).

As for the guy talking about editing the models (iamjohngalt1975), really it is easier to create a model from scratch than edit a low poly model into something good looking. Modifying existing work is a waste of time for most people.
                    G Street Games -

Comment

Now i can finally make a project that is a battle royale game but with dungeons and cool characters :3

Comment

Will the assets be avaible after april 26?

Comment

Is Epic planning on releasing the high-poly character models? It would be great if they did!

Comment

I recorded a lot of the vfx from this awesome content as .gifs and shared them on twitter.
                            If you like vfx, def check out https://twitter.com/Luos_83/status/985632408514039808

Comment

Anyone else has problem with importing Grux into a project? The mesh is fails to load, or the folder re-adding fails after attempt to readd the character to existing install.

After exporting, is it possible to import into 4.18?

Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | IndieDB | Seeking Blueprint / C++ Guru in Berlin.

Comment

They are Made for 4.19 and above (they will not work with
                                4.18 ).

Comment

Working...
                                X