No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.19 Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, there is ongoing work on making engine modular and divide functionality into plugins but sadly this is not probably going to get that big because of backward compatibility. Backward compatibility seems to be like curse sometimes. Exactly what Bruno said, there is too many hardcoded stuff and legacy code which is complicating everything. With nice modular setup it would be much easier to create sets of automation test, as it is what is epic continously working on too. I belive dividing codebase into smaller chunks and using automated testing is something what can stop growing of this "monster" in the wrong way.
    Last edited by Skylonxe; 06-05-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

good points... legacy and BW compat... to do something like that they would almost have to make UE5... sometimes I wish I had taken up coding, I would probably do it just for fun, but then again I would never get any more sleep... the beast exists, and just like mans inhumanity to man, the best we can do... is the best we can do... then again, a 10,000 mile trip starts with the first step

hmm, bw comp in ue5... well the base engine is just the shell with 1000 pages of includes... the base code would have to be bullet proof, the parts that never change... then... oops, there I go again(smile)

Comment

Is there documentation as to "How to Update your Linux Client 4.15 to 4.19 anywhere on the block - is this just the Engine to update or is it required to Download the whole new Linux Client Version to 4.19 complete. What happened to the Download. "Get Unreal" it use to have all available pkgs Win/Mac/Linux - Clients and Server version pkg files to download. No Longer See any Linux files now. Top right "Get Unreal" .. Less it be in the forest of the trees I don't see. musta be missing something. AtomicB.

Comment

Nobody cares about Linux LOL

Comment

you very good

Comment

Really cool update. I wonder if my amon amarth pc would work well.

Comment

Are there any tutorials how to set up Physical Light Units properly?

Comment

Just pulled the update into my fork.

Comment

Working...
                  X