This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syed View Post

i think those files are from Maya Developer Kit. You have to download it yourself
    Oh I build it, there is a new question that how can I use the plugin? I couldn't find the plugin UI in maya.

Comment

Will 4.19 support AppleARkit1.5 functionality available through the iOS 11.3 beta? Such as vertical plane detection, circular surface detection, image tracking, and so forth?

Comment

Hi there!

My question is that would 4.19 support clion integration for windows? Because previous versions has errors with creating the cmakelist file.
        Thanks in advance!

Peet

Comment

Originally posted by XyonFox View Post
          @Memnarch

Well, if you happen to grow in a country that uses points to separate big values and commas for decimals (for example, Spain) you get an instant headache as you try to get your head aroud the idea of using point instead of comma. (Really, it happened to me XD)
          Point is used (usually) in English speaking countries. Both comma and point are correct.
          More info:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator
          XyonFox
          I'm from germany
          But at work (and me at home), we use the Development tools in english. But maybe because i am a developer, i am used to write dots as seperator when it's all about developing. Comma suddenly becomes odd here :/

Originally posted by Jamie Dale View Post
          Memnarch

It's based off your locale, which typically corresponds to your input method.

This was a long requested feature as people kept complaining that the numeric input on their keyboards used a comma rather than a dot as a decimal separator (because it's what their language used) and so they couldn't input numbers easily with it. Now they can, and it also does its best to accept "agnostic" numbers too (to aid copy/pasting from the internet), although sometimes it's ambiguous - let me know if you find a number that doesn't work for your particular locale.
          Jamie Dale Ok, i'll try it out
          Last edited by Memnarch; 01-25-2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Memnarch View Post
            But maybe because i am a developer, i am used to write dots as seperator when it's all about developing. Comma suddenly becomes odd here :/
            Yes, it's no issue if you're using dot/comma from... "non-numeric" part of keyboard.
            But it's lot faster to type from numeric keyboard and then you get "wrong" sing while hitting Dot/Del key in many locales. I used to apply customized Polish keyboard layout just to fix this

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 2 for 4.19! Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.19 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

For a list of known issues affecting this latest preview, please follow the links provided on the first post in this thread.

Special Note
              For users that utilize XGE for assisting in compiling, the current known issue Blocks shaders from compiling as ShaderCompileWorker is attempting to use XGE.
              UE-54283 //UE4/Release-4.19 Binary stalls opening Project Browser at 45% - XGEControlWorker.exe is not recognized

The workaround for this issue is as follows:
              1. Close your 4.19 Editor
              2. Open Engine/Config/ConsoleVariables.ini
              3. Comment out r.XGEShaderCompile = 1
              4. Save the file
              5. Launch your 4.19 Editor
              Fixed in Preview 2
              Fixed! UE-54045 Animation Blueprint Editor Crashes on Compile if the Debug Instance Selection is Other Than No Object or Preview Instance
              Fixed! UE-53944 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!FHierarchicalStaticMeshSceneProxy::GetDynamicMeshElements() hierarchicalinstancedstaticmesh.cpp:1431
              Fixed! UE-53941 Failed to import Alembic files
              Fixed! UE-53741 Applying Clothing Data Causes Mesh Vertex Color to Turn Black (or crash)
              Fixed! UE-53440 Unable to select assets within modal Asset Selection dropdowns after navigating with keyboard entry
              Fixed! UE-53236 New MotionSource node for MotionControllers does not hide dropdown when connected
              Fixed! UE-52685 Move material baking out of experimental
              Fixed! UE-54220 When using anim data modifiers the Set Root Motion Enabled node doesn't update the anim sequence
              Fixed! UE-54174 Some anim blueprint nodes have duplicated guids
              Fixed! UE-53967 Setting preview pose asset does not trigger animation in persona
              Fixed! UE-53955 FRootMotionMovementParams::Accumulate can trigger an exception in debug-editor when using a cached pose
              Fixed! UE-53224 Colouring removed from "Animation is being edited" warning messages
              Fixed! UE-51303 Optimize 'redundant key removal' for anim curves
              Fixed! UE-54087 GitHub 4419 : Fixes a crash due to nullptr dereference
              Fixed! UE-53910 Audio channel volume behaves inconsistently when attenuation applied
              Fixed! UE-53903 Crash on load with oculus audio
              Fixed! UE-53938 Crash when Refracturing Destructible Mesh after adding Material Slot
              Fixed! UE-54339 TP_HandheldARBP missing from Binary Build
              Fixed! UE-54325 TP_HandheldARBP.upack is missing from FeaturePacks directory
              Fixed! UE-53996 #includes with backslashes will crash UHT
              Fixed! UE-53053 Instance Static Mesh element not rendered if array element is removed and another is added
              Fixed! UE-54009 Crash while opening QA-Blueprint map from nativized package
              Fixed! UE-53923 Breakpoint triggered in Visual Studio after running "{,,UE4Editor-Core}::PrintScriptCallstack()" command
              Fixed! UE-31662 Renaming function in parent class that is overriden by child breaks the function in the child class
              Fixed! UE-54141 OutExtendedCppType shadow warning when compiling UE4Editor on Linux
              Fixed! UE-53701 Blueprint thumbnails do not automatically update after component edits
              Fixed! UE-52975 Transform of duplicated element of an InstancedStaticMeshComponent isn't set to the transform of the original element but set to 0
              Fixed! UE-54056 HTML5 crashes inside browser upon pressing windows key
              Fixed! UE-54026 GitHub 4417 : Add missing include SecureHash.h to AndroidTargetPlatform.inl
              Fixed! UE-53592 Assertion right after rendering scene on Lenovo S939
              Fixed! UE-53550 Level doesn't render on Lenovo 939
              Fixed! UE-53541 Bring over the slightly better iPhone X fullscreen code from 4.18.2 into Releases-4.19
              Fixed! UE-53247 Web browser widget doesn't load url on mobile
              Fixed! UE-53177 Mac Fails Preparing QAGame for Deploy to iOS: Directory ‘/Volumes/Storage/Workspaces/Dev/QAGame/Build/IOS/Build/IOS/Resources/Graphics’ not found
              Fixed! UE-54354 Oculus Plugin error opening projects on Windows 7
              Fixed! UE-54276 Editor crashes on Restart after Enabling Pre-Exposure in Project Settings
              Fixed! UE-54039 Vulkan support for Nexus Player
              Fixed! UE-53963 Missing warning when enabling dynamic resolution on unsupported platforms
              Fixed! UE-53815 Shader library does not work with iterative cooking
              Fixed! UE-53434 Crash when launching QAGame in DX12 on AMD
              Fixed! UE-52784 Vector field particles are not behaving as expected
              Fixed! UE-50449 Show Vulkan GPU times when the CPU doesn't block on getting results
              Fixed! UE-50265 Ensure condition failed: SrcLayout != VK_IMAGE_LAYOUT_UNDEFINED opening a project when running the editor with -vulkan
              Fixed! UE-54248 Sequencer LevelVisibilty does not update correct without restarting Sequencer window
              Fixed! UE-54173 Crash deleting a sequence that is nested inside another sequence
              Fixed! UE-54104 Copy/pasting a spawnable track with components will break the reference to the component tracks
              Fixed! UE-54095 Crash setting Actor to Track on a camera while part of a sequence
              Fixed! UE-54084 Crash copy/pasting a light from one sequence to another
              Fixed! UE-54060 Actors Fail to Override Bindings: Both Original and Override Meshes Animate Together
              Fixed! UE-54047 Animation does not reset when being blended in a level sequence.
              Fixed! UE-54046 Track Sections Set to Blend Relative Do Not Update Until Sequence Is Played or Reopened
              Fixed! UE-49778 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_SequenceRecorder!FAnimationRecorder::UpdateRecord() [animationrecorder.cpp:464]
              Fixed! UE-54247 ImgMedia: Image media player doesn't finish initialization if loading failed
              Fixed! UE-54073 Audio stops playing when selecting another video track
              Fixed! UE-54019 Selecting Rewind during video playback disables audio
              Fixed! UE-53328 Video capture input artifacty after latest sync (as if the stride is off)
              Fixed! UE-53027 Unable to loop in reverse with AvfMediaPlayer
              Fixed! UE-51631 Ensure cooking ImgMedia - Failed to load Primary Asset Type class /Script/ImgMedia.ImgMediaSource!
              Fixed! UE-54345 Binary build Python plugin is non-functional
              Fixed! UE-53738 Unable to change the Brush Shape of a BSP
              Fixed! UE-53775 Enabling Thumbnail Editing does not give immediate control
              Fixed! UE-54144 ARM Servers fail to link with relocation R_ARM_CALL out of range error
              Fixed! UE-54136 Linux to Linux launch on fails: error while loading shared libraries: libApexFrameworkPROFILE.so
              Fixed! UE-54050 Linux - Crash exiting Pie in QAFaceFxAudio: invalid attempt to read memory at address 0x0000000000000000
              Fixed! UE-54040 4.19 editor crashes on start on Linux if built with clang 5.0
              Fixed! UE-53893 Crash when destroying/interacting with menus/windows in an animation persona window on Mac
              Fixed! UE-51327 Streaming Audio from the Editor will play while minimized even with Allow Background Audio disabled
              Fixed! UE-54181 Painting foliage while simulating causes a crash
              Fixed! UE-52289 Foliage Instanced Static Meshes disappear when FISM Component BP is compiled
              Fixed! UE-53904 Landscape cooking takes as much as 6 times longer in 4.18
              Fixed! UE-54170 Cannot use a dot as a decimal separator when entering numbers with a German locale set
              Fixed! UE-54166 Access Violation crash deleting a dirty Material
              Fixed! UE-54092 Layer Parameters panel takes focus by default in new Material Instances
              Fixed! UE-54064 Material Layers asset pickers not filtering
              Fixed! UE-53942 Renaming a Material Layer asset removes references to it in a Material Instance Layer Stack
              Fixed! UE-52250 Disabling "Show Environment" within the Material Editor Preview Scene's "Show" menu does not hide the Environment Cubemap
              Fixed! UE-52215 Disabling 'Show Environment' in Material Editor Preview Scene Settings fills the scene's background with Black
              Fixed! UE-53137 ShooterGame - Crash changing scale of game windows
              Fixed! UE-54037 Editor crashes when calling a "scroll into view" node with missing parameters
              Fixed! UE-53901 Arm Servers fail to build due to GetVulkanInstanceExtensionsRequired override error
              Fixed! UE-54042 Assert on a drawing policy removal

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find by following the How To Report a Bug Guide

Comment

has any work been given to fix the view problems of the windows HMD displays. We have the Samsung odyssey and was working fine on 4.17 but on 4.18 somehting in the root cod change view the viewing of the 2 eye cameras change and so far we have not been able to fix this. We were hoping to see a fix in 4.19 but I have seen anything in the notes to show a fix has been implemented thanks. I have mentioned it in the forums a few times but have not seen any responses.

Comment

Is the features for 4.19 set now? Its a nice update but was hoping for some bigger features...

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
                    Just posting small issues here when going over materials/cascade quickly.

1. Cant hide/unhide background in material editor.

2. Instruction count in material editor in 4.19 is way higher than previous versions. (fluctuates heavily between shader types)
                    Material 1
                    - 4.19: https://i.gyazo.com/6095d0c5fe75f1b8...3dca24d68f.png
                    - 4.16: https://i.gyazo.com/af9337600b99d206...fdfab1af91.png
                    Material 2
                    - 4.19: https://i.gyazo.com/b249b0c6fda22673...f79e7015cd.png
                    - 4.17: https://i.gyazo.com/725ba114440ffc7a...ea03817122.png

3. Material editor > stats button says stats is active, but its not unless I turn it on and off again.

4. Cascade > no previews on modules

while in previous versions:

thats it as far as I can tell when going trough 40 materials and 30 different emitters.

some amazing things:
                    4.19 UI is soooo much more crisp on 4k monitors, in fact, everything does, even particles. can someone confirm? (though, barely touched 4.18)

The U/I is noticeably more crisp on my 4K monitors since the 4.18 release. I also am very pleased with that

Michael Dulberg
                    BIM Engineer / Virtual Design
                    BNBuilders - San Diego

I like making pretty things

Comment

Why was a static GetEnumValueFromString added to VoiceConfig.h? This seems like a really specific file to have such a generic function and is going to cause a lot of conflicts with other peoples custom "GetEnumValueFromString" functions that they have most likely already defined in their own projects.

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...ceConfig.h#L49

At the very least it's a strange place to define this static function.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmn81 View Post
                        has any work been given to fix the view problems of the windows HMD displays. We have the Samsung odyssey and was working fine on 4.17 but on 4.18 somehting in the root cod change view the viewing of the 2 eye cameras change and so far we have not been able to fix this. We were hoping to see a fix in 4.19 but I have seen anything in the notes to show a fix has been implemented thanks. I have mentioned it in the forums a few times but have not seen any responses.
                        working fine on 4.19.P1

Comment

Originally posted by erebel55 View Post
                          Why was a static GetEnumValueFromString added to VoiceConfig.h? This seems like a really specific file to have such a generic function and is going to cause a lot of conflicts with other peoples custom "GetEnumValueFromString" functions that they have most likely already defined in their own projects.

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...ceConfig.h#L49

At the very least it's a strange place to define this static function.
                          If not publically exposed then if anything that should be moved to the .cpp

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Memnarch View Post
                            I'm from germany
                            But at work (and me at home), we use the Development tools in english. But maybe because i am a developer, i am used to write dots as seperator when it's all about developing. Comma suddenly becomes odd here :/
                            Thanks. German was causing confusion in the agnostic parsing case since it uses dot as a group separator. I've fixed this for preview 2 and we no longer consider group separators for numeric inputs, which allows both "123,5" and "123.5" to parse as "123.5" when using a German locale.

Comment

Are there any plans to expand the experimental ProxyLOD plugin to replace the need for a Simplygon license entirely? I would love to have a built-in solution for e.g. skeletal mesh LODs.
                              Broad Strokes | Jan Kaluza | Marketplace Release: 'Over 9000 Swords' Modular Melee Weapon System
                              Currently not available for freelance work
                              Dev Blog & Tutorials | Twitter

Comment

Instanced Static Meshes using PerInstanceRandom in a material get garbage values in editor. Very noticeable when plugging PerInstanceRandom into world position offset. Newly created instances look fine until the editor is restarted. Always looks fine in PIE though.

Comment

Working...
                                X