This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHADALAK1 View Post

Probably the week of GDC is my big guess.
    That's quite wild guess, I'd say. It would be 2 months in Preview, it never happened

There's a new preview version every week. And there are usually 3-5 previews before final release. 4.19 is in preview for a month already and very little happened on its GitHub branch in last days. It would be no surprise, if they'd push release on this Tuesday/Wednesday. If not and there will be no new commits this week - 4.19 will be released next week.
    This process is so predictable they could describe in some FAQ

GDC is a month away. 4.19 will be old news by then and there's no point in waiting with release for conference.
    Unreal's show will be probably a mix of unfinished stuff like Niagara, editing meshes in engine, some shiny "enterprise" features. And regular showcases/lectures on already available features.

Comment

I upgraded from 4.19 preview 0 to 4.19 preview 4 and now crash when running commandlets inside of UEngine::UpdateDynamicResolutionStatus() due to a nullreference of DynamicResolutionState.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Krishna View Post

That's quite wild guess, I'd say. It would be 2 months in Preview, it never happened

There's a new preview version every week. And there are usually 3-5 previews before final release. 4.19 is in preview for a month already and very little happened on its GitHub branch in last days. It would be no surprise, if they'd push release on this Tuesday/Wednesday. If not and there will be no new commits this week - 4.19 will be released next week.

GDC is a month away. 4.19 will be old news by then and there's no point in waiting with release for conference.
        Unreal's show will be probably a mix of unfinished stuff like Niagara, editing meshes in engine, some shiny "enterprise" features. And regular showcases/lectures on already available features.
        Agreed. They'll bring early 4.20 and new tech to GDC. My bet for 4.19 is also this or next week.
        VIMEO channel | Artstation profile

Comment

Issue with landscape tessellation based on aspect ratio; square aspects seem to cause objects to "float" while they are correct with wide aspects: https://imgur.com/a/lHPcY

Comment

Originally posted by Just Krishna View Post

Thanks for the clear up . Anticipation is huge with all of us
            Portfolio/Tutorials: http://chadreddick.com

Comment

How to use AudioCapture?

Comment

Originally posted by bleeds187 View Post
                I upgraded from 4.19 preview 0 to 4.19 preview 4 and now crash when running commandlets inside of UEngine::UpdateDynamicResolutionStatus() due to a nullreference of DynamicResolutionState.
                Same here, seems like running a dedicated server from Editor doesn't set the UE_SERVER macro.

Comment

GPU particles warm-up time is (still) not fixed.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...me-broken.html

Comment

@Amanda.Bott Hmm.. No commits for the past 5 day.. Is it happening today ? Or maybe Preview 5 ?
                    Last edited by motorsep; 02-14-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                      Hmm.. No commits for the past 5 day.. Is it happening today ? Or maybe Preview 5 ?
                      That's my guess. All other previews had on going commits, now nothing. Hopefully 4.19 soon!

Comment

When working with a new project from the VR template and using 4.19 Preview 4, the game freezes when I run it in VR Preview Mode after a minute. This appears to be dependent on the time set in Project Settings -> Engine -> Garbage Collection -> Time Between Purging Pending Kill Objects, which is set at 61 seconds by default. I changed it to 81 seconds and the game lasted 81 seconds before freezing. This is also happening for another VR project of mine. This behavior does not occur with 4.18.3 on my system. Can anyone else confirm this behavior on their system?

Comment

Originally posted by kgantzcorvid View Post
                          When working with a new project from the VR template and using 4.19 Preview 4, the game freezes when I run it in VR Preview Mode after a minute. This appears to be dependent on the time set in Project Settings -> Engine -> Garbage Collection -> Time Between Purging Pending Kill Objects, which is set at 61 seconds by default. I changed it to 81 seconds and the game lasted 81 seconds before freezing. This is also happening for another VR project of mine. This behavior does not occur with 4.18.3 on my system. Can anyone else confirm this behavior on their system?
                          Interesting, myself and 2 other devs face this issue as well, but it happened to us on 4.18 too, and hoped that 4.19 may have fixed it

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post

I just tested the Oculus 4.19 branch and the same problem

I also reported it to Oculus here:
                            https://forums.oculusvr.com/develope...in-4-19#latest

Would be a real pity if 4.19 ends up un-usable for GearVR like 4.17 was
                            FYI: It has been fixed by Oculus with the 1.23.0 Integration:
                            https://forums.oculusvr.com/develope...in-4-19#latest

I really hope Epic's 4.19 final release has 1.23.0 Oculus Plugin in it!?
                            Headgear - VR/AR solutions

VR Game Release: We Come In Peace... Oculus GearVR | Google Play Daydream

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
                              I really hope Epic's 4.19 final release has 1.23.0 Oculus Plugin in it!?
                              I like your optimism

Comment

Originally posted by kgantzcorvid View Post
                                I noticed it as well, its an infinite loop in the garbage collector, there are some UObjects that never actually finish destructing and it just loops over them over and over. I was trying to find the root cause before submitting a report, but maybe you should just submit one as is?

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X