This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm disappointed in Epic.
    Six months later and not a single meaningful reply from an Epic employee actually addressing any of the points raised by the people in this thread.

Making the system so hostile that no one can be bothered to actually report bugs doesn't help anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Nameless Voice View Post
      I'm disappointed in Epic.
      Six months later and not a single meaningful reply from an Epic employee actually addressing any of the points raised by the people in this thread.

Making the system so hostile that no one can be bothered to actually report bugs doesn't help anyone.
      That's why I still use Answerhub. I fill the the bug form, copy everything into notepad and use the same info to post on Answerhub bug report session. There're usually people with the same problem that found workarounds.
      Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
      Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

-snipped spam-
        Last edited by ambershee; 01-28-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I like that things are changing. Change is good. I would love to see this radical change though

Comment

All Launcher Problems are redirected to Fortnite Help.
            GG boys

Comment

This feels like a step back from the Answers site, because that site is still the top hit on Google, and searching in the bug tracker seems very difficult.

It feels now as if more information is hidden than before, and information access was already a problem with Unreal...

Comment

We should be able to make more than a single attachment to a bug report.

Comment

Originally posted by ste1nar View Post
                  We should be able to make more than a single attachment to a bug report.
                  Can't you attach a .zip with everything inside? If you can't, that's awful.
                  Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                  Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Is it a big bug that I find ray tracing can't
                    make foliages drop shadow in vegetation systems?

Comment

Amanda.Bott Can you tell me why it is MY job to do QA?

Last edited by Raildex_; 04-18-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raildex_ View Post
                        Amanda.Bott Can you tell me why it is MY job to do QA?

Not sure it's your job...but, if it doesn't take too long, might as well...

teak
                        "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                        -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Originally posted by Raildex_ View Post
                          Can you tell me why it is MY job to do QA?
                          Did he say QA didn't check it? Maybe they did, it's good practice to ask person reporting the issue.
                          It's often difficult to reproduce the issue using the same project in company.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Today, we are rolling out a new method for you to report bugs with Unreal Engine 4 to the Engine Support team, the Unreal Engine Bug Submission Form.

In the past, we used AnswerHub’s Bug Reports section as a landing page for these reports; however, starting today, we ask that you instead fill out the Bug Submission Form. This form will act as a template for you to provide the information that is needed in order to investigate the bug. You will notice that several of the fields are required, so please fill these out to the best of your ability for any reports. The more information that you include, the more efficiently and accurately we can diagnose the issue, so don’t hesitate to add a test project, screenshots, or additional information in the ‘Additional Notes’ section.!

It is nice looking and useful form but isnt there too many fields? Devs will get discouraged from the amount of effort they have to put to send info about bug

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, yourfriendkarol. What fields do you feel are not useful?

Comment

Originally posted by yourfriendkarol View Post

It is nice looking and useful form but isnt there too many fields? Devs will get discouraged from the amount of effort they have to put to send info about bug
                                I do not think so. In my opinion this is a very good move. This function will be useful

Last edited by Cryss22b; 08-16-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X