No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.18 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have just update unreal but the launcher still saying 4.15.0. How do I update to 4.18?
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Are there any docs about how to set it up for UE4 ?

Simply make sure that option "Enable Gradle instead of Ant" is enabled in Project Settings -> Android. This is out-of-the-box feature
      Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

hey guys,
        Im having here huge performance issues, in 4.17.2 im all the time on the cap of 120 FPS, since the upadte to 4.18 im getting somethung around 8 to 30 FPS.
        Im working on a 4K monitor, any idea what is going on ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramous View Post
          Hi, I have just update unreal but the launcher still saying 4.15.0. How do I update to 4.18?
          Thanks
          if I read this right, go to documents folder, find your unreal folders, go to the one you want to upgrade, right click on your .uproject, and select 'switch unreal engine version'...

Comment

I have a 4k monitor and just upgraded my project from 4.17 to 4.18. Now when I press 'play in new editor window (pie)' my window is all of a sudden much smaller than it was in 4.17. I'm using my mouse for touch events and those are now off as well. It looks like my input have an offset of 200 units in X and Z or something (I click on a grid of squares and a square far away from the mouse click gets the hit).

Now if I play in 'mobile preview es2 (pie)' things seem normal again.

Any idea why this is?

Thanks.

P.S I also noticed this is a problem when using widget reflector scaling in 4.17. I'm not using that in 4.18 nor 4.17 though as it seems buggy.
            Last edited by RumbleMonk; 10-28-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Is it ok? In anim blueprint all condition nodes except clean bool are marked as they have blueprint usage now.
              https://pp.userapi.com/c834300/v8343...KjIWr9Q37Q.jpg
              Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
              Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
              And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                I completely agree, it hurts to see how Epic is still working on improving static baked lighting. Epic just needs more devs working on lighting and shadowing. Every dev-rendering merge to master I hope to find improvements to dynamic lighting and shadowing, but recently, it was mostly all just static lighting stuff (apart from the awesome vulkan improvements, thanks Rolando!).
                So, on one hand, I see where you're coming from, but I certainly wouldn't want them to stop working on static lighting, either. 4.18 really made some important improvements that allow for even greater "photo-realism" than before when using static lighting.

This is partly because I personally get a lot more value out of static lighting than dynamic lighting, but I think this is the case for a lot of others as well. The fact is, static lighting still does a lot of things that simply can't be done dynamically -- and certainly not at the same level of quality and performance. I also there are relatively few situations in which dynamic lighting isreally necessary. Games with day/night cycles, need this functionality, but aside from that, in real life I see a lot more lights that don't move than ones that do.

Comment

Cheio de bugs

Comment

Originally posted by A-J-K View Post
                    hey guys,
                    Im having here huge performance issues, in 4.17.2 im all the time on the cap of 120 FPS, since the upadte to 4.18 im getting somethung around 8 to 30 FPS.
                    Im working on a 4K monitor, any idea what is going on ?
                    Updating Engine may result in resetting some of the settings you already made in your project. Check:

- LOD in every model (in 4.15 if i remember correctly all of my LOD that was made in the engine was reset which resulted in massive performance issues)
                    - Check your In-game/Editor settings it may be possible that it switched from Epic to Cinematic.
                    - If you are using Lightmaps make sure they didn't delete them self or don't require rebaking.
                    Main developer of Penkura

Comment

Are the 1080p intro videos supported now ?
                      Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                      Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Does new GoToDefinition() on blueprint node works for anyone?
                        For me it's open new instance of Visual Studio (although I had it already open) and doesn't even open header file. Not working at all...

Comment

Will you be releasing a hotfix relatively soon for 4.18? The engine not only randomly crashes during VR Preview, but also when I compile blueprints. The frequency of the crashes has made it nearly impossible for me to keep building.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramous View Post
                            Thanks
                            from 4.15 to 4.18 you may have a lot more work required then just right click and choose "change engine version".
                            Tho, step 1 is "change engine version". You may find your blueprints fairly broken up and most your 4.15 assets dont work (due to nodes being not used anymore, or whatever). Just be prepared for something like that with such a big jump in versions.
                            Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
                            Dallas, TX USA
                            https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

Originally posted by AP_Studios View Post

from 4.15 to 4.18 you may have a lot more work required then just right click and choose "change engine version".
                              Tho, step 1 is "change engine version". You may find your blueprints fairly broken up and most your 4.15 assets dont work (due to nodes being not used anymore, or whatever). Just be prepared for something like that with such a big jump in versions.
                              Prior to this morning, I had 4.11.0 installed. I've been having quite a time getting 4.18 installed. Apart from a bit of fiddling with it a year or so ago, I have nothing of any importance that would be lost or impacted by a complete uninstall and reinstall, and it sounds like that is the wise choice.

But now here is the wrinkle: I uninstalled using the program manager in windows. There was still an Epic Games directory but I left it. Now that I've clicked the install 4.18 link, my launcher is stuck in a snails pace process showing me "Installing UE 4.11.2"

ADDIT: ah I figured out what my problem was: I had VS 2015 installed and everything after 4.15 requires VS 2017.
                              Last edited by Diche Bach; 10-30-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Decca View Post
                                Will you be releasing a hotfix relatively soon for 4.18? The engine not only randomly crashes during VR Preview, but also when I compile blueprints. The frequency of the crashes has made it nearly impossible for me to keep building.
                                Should be soon... There are already 33 or so commits of fixes... See here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commits/4.18 to see if your issue is listed.

teak
                                "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                                -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

Working...
                                X