Unreal Engine 4.18 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonFrag
    The new DPI scale made my editor window bigger. I disabled it on performance but the editor window remains the same.
    When i use dedicated server. PIE windows Overlaps.(picture related)
    Besides Get Hit result under Finger gives a wrong location
    arrow indicates where i touch(click) and debugsphere appears elsewhere. besides the pie windows for player 2 is behind this one
    Hello DonFrag,

Did you try restarting the editor after disabling the high DPI mode? Also, can you please make an Answerhub post about this issue in the Bug Reports section so that we can investigate this issue? Feel free to leave a response here when you do so, so that we can take a look at the post immediately.

Comment

bug report

Comment

If I want Skylight on fog is shadowed properly - do I have to turn some new setting ON? Or do I have tu make SKYLIGHT stationary or movable to have Improved Static Skylight Directionality ON?

Comment

Sweet update, will download this weekend and check out all the new gadgets, can't wait!

Comment

Anyone else getting compile errors on a vanilla github 4.18 source compile? I"m getting these errors and seem to be on the engine side:

GitEngines\UnrealEngine_4.18.0\Engine\Source\Programs\Mac\ShaderCacheTool\Private\ShaderCacheTool.cpp(66): error C2039: 'MergeShaderCacheFiles': is not a member of 'FShaderCache'

.... and.....

GitEngines\UnrealEngine_4.18.0\Engine\Source\Programs\BuildPatchTool\Private\ToolModes\AutomationMode.cpp(12): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Interfaces/IAutomationWorkerModule.h': No such file or directory

Answerhub posted also: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...le-errors.html
            Last edited by Devero; 10-25-2017, 04:42 PM.
            W3 Studios

Comment

Any chances for Vulkan for PC and Linux in 4.19?

Comment

Almost every update there is some cool new static lighting feature. Wish if dynamic lighting got this much love. Dynamic environments and lighting is the way of the future. Static environments with baked lighting is so last decade. Any plans for improved dynamic lighting quality and performance?

Comment

I'm getting errors trying to include MediaSoundComponent.h.

UPDATE:

Tracked down the error to when I include <windows.h>/<stdio.h> which I was using to get drive paths. When I don't include that I don't get errors. I'll now have to find out how to do that.
                  Last edited by Mctittles; 10-26-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wilberolive View Post
                    Almost every update there is some cool new static lighting feature. Wish if dynamic lighting got this much love. Dynamic environments and lighting is the way of the future. Static environments with baked lighting is so last decade. Any plans for improved dynamic lighting quality and performance?

Yea Epic stop staying stuck in the past, get with the program or your gonna get left behind

Comment

Originally posted by wilberolive View Post
                      Not for VR it's not.

Comment

Known ARKit Issues
                        • Device rotation is not fully supported yet. At the moment you should select Landscape Right as the only supported orientation for your project.
                        • The only exposed function for hit-testing is HitTestAtScreenPosition_TrackingSpace. This returns the results in the CameraComponent's parent's space. In the default setup, that is the Pawn's space. To translate to world space we currently need to multiply the result by the parent's (e.g. Pawn's) world transform.
                        • The function HitTestAtScreenPosition_TrackingSpace ignores the Types parameter; it will always hit-test against all the available surfaces and return results that can be manually filtered by checking the Types field of the FAppleARKitHitTestResult struct.
                        • FAppleARKitHitTestResult does not populate the Anchor property; it is always nullptr.
                        • World Scale is currently assumed to be default, and cannot be changed.
                        I'd love to know when is targeted fix for the ARKit known issues.
                        VR/AR Development [Portfolio | YouTube | LinkedIn]

Comment

This is one of the biggest updates for me so far. Having multiple bounces on a skylight made lighting my architecture projects so much easier, and more accurate.
                          Thanks Epic!
                          My Porfolio

Comment

Stone Rage updating to 4.18 now!
                            STONE RAGE
                            StoneRage Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/640860/Stone_Rage/
                            https://stoneragegame.com/

Comment

I am having issues trying to launch a bp-only ios project directly to device from windows:

Keep getting "PackagingResults: Error: Deployment failed! Missing UE4Game binary."

Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=103 (Error_MissingExecutable)

This occurs even on a new project.

Steps to reproduce:
                              1) Create a new bp-only project.
                              2) Set your bundle identifier.
                              3) Launch to device.

Looks like it is not including the correct rocket UE4Game.stub :
                              rojectParams.ValidateAndLog: ProjectBinariesFolder=f:\UnrealProjects\My418ios\Binaries\IOS
                              ProjectParams.ValidateAndLog: ProjectBinariesPath=f:\UnrealProjects\My418ios\Binaries\IOS
                              ProjectParams.ValidateAndLog: ProjectGameExeFilename=f:\UnrealProjects\My418ios\Binaries\IOS\My418ios.stub
                              ProjectParams.ValidateAndLog: ProjectGameExePath=f:\UnrealProjects\My418ios\Binaries\IOS\My418ios.stub

Even though it is a BP only project.

[RESOLVED]
                              The presence of an editor-only plugin in the Engine/Plugins was the cause. It's presence was forcing a code build. I removed the plugin and it deployed.
                              Last edited by OptimisticMonkey; 10-26-2017, 12:47 PM.
                              https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

Final Gradle support! We highly recommend to switch to Gradle instead of Ant for all Android devs because it provides faster building times, better dependencies management, and simpler configuration!
                                Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

Working...
                                X