• Show
Clear All

bug report: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...le-failed.html

Comment

Git Plugin Changelog for UE 4.18:
      - Git plugin: fix action icon in history window #3897
      - Git plugin: add "branch source" in history window #3933
      Cheers!
      UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin v2.4 for UE4.18 - (v1 integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.7)
      UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin (1.0.6 for UE4.18)
      PayPal me a beer to support my work

Comment

Question: "Volumetric lightmap Does not currently support level streaming" - does it mean no level streaming at all or no streaming of level pieces in the current level ?
        Currently it doesn't support any streaming at all, which doesn't scale up to huge levels. You can either raise the Detail Cell Size or switch back to the old method for huge levels.

Comment

I don't see the update yet on 24 October, should I restart my PC or something else? I have already quick and restart Epic Launcher but did not help.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMBUEV View Post
            I don't see the update yet on 24 October, should I restart my PC or something else? I have already quick and restart Epic Launcher but did not help.
            You will need to click the "+ Add Versions" option to create a new engine slot, and choose 4.18.0 for the release version.
            Stephen Ellis | Epic Games | Engine Support | @TheEpicStephen
            How to report an engine bug | >>Click here to report engine bugs<<

Comment

Any chance https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...on-broken.html getting into a hotfix ?

Comment

I get an error when upgrading my 4.17.2 project to 4.18, when generating the visual studio files:

Failed to generate project files.

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project="C:/Users/RyzenAJ/Desktop/ViveShooter/Project_DD_2017/Project_DD.uproject" -game -rocket -progress
                Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
                While compiling C:\Users\RyzenAJ\Desktop\ViveShooter\Project_DD_2017\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\Project_DDModuleRules.dll:
                ERROR: c:\Users\RyzenAJ\Desktop\ViveShooter\Project_DD_2017\Source\Project_DD.Target.cs(19,12) : error CS0122: 'UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration' is inaccessible due to its protection level
                ERROR: c:\Users\RyzenAJ\Desktop\ViveShooter\Project_DD_2017\Source\Project_DD.Target.cs(17,23) : error CS0051: Inconsistent accessibility: parameter type 'ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>' is less accessible than method 'Project_DDTarget.SetupBinaries(UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<string>)'
                ERROR: c:\Users\RyzenAJ\Desktop\ViveShooter\Project_DD_2017\Source\Project_DDEditor.Target.cs(19,12) : error CS0122: 'UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration' is inaccessible due to its protection level
                ERROR: c:\Users\RyzenAJ\Desktop\ViveShooter\Project_DD_2017\Source\Project_DDEditor.Target.cs(17,23) : error CS0051: Inconsistent accessibility: parameter type 'ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>' is less accessible than method 'Project_DDEditorTarget.SetupBinaries(UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<string>)'
                ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: Unable to compile source files.

Comment

Thanks for now supporting special characters on mobile keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by Link_AJ View Post
                    I get an error when upgrading my 4.17.2 project to 4.18, when generating the visual studio files:

Failed to generate project files.

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project="C:/Users/RyzenAJ/Desktop/ViveShooter/Project_DD_2017/Project_DD.uproject" -game -rocket -progress
                    Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
                    While compiling C:\Users\RyzenAJ\Desktop\ViveShooter\Project_DD_2017\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\Project_DDModuleRules.dll:
                    ERROR: c:\Users\RyzenAJ\Desktop\ViveShooter\Project_DD_2017\Source\Project_DD.Target.cs(19,12) : error CS0122: 'UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration' is inaccessible due to its protection level
                    ERROR: c:\Users\RyzenAJ\Desktop\ViveShooter\Project_DD_2017\Source\Project_DD.Target.cs(17,23) : error CS0051: Inconsistent accessibility: parameter type 'ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>' is less accessible than method 'Project_DDTarget.SetupBinaries(UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<string>)'
                    ERROR: c:\Users\RyzenAJ\Desktop\ViveShooter\Project_DD_2017\Source\Project_DDEditor.Target.cs(19,12) : error CS0122: 'UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration' is inaccessible due to its protection level
                    ERROR: c:\Users\RyzenAJ\Desktop\ViveShooter\Project_DD_2017\Source\Project_DDEditor.Target.cs(17,23) : error CS0051: Inconsistent accessibility: parameter type 'ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>' is less accessible than method 'Project_DDEditorTarget.SetupBinaries(UnrealBuildTool.TargetInfo, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinaryConfiguration>, ref System.Collections.Generic.List<string>)'
                    ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: Unable to compile source files.

Try deleting your Binaries, DerivedDataCache, Intermediate and Saved folders and try again.

Comment

Arkit working building from windows now?

Comment

Originally posted by brunogbrito View Post

Try deleting your Binaries, DerivedDataCache, Intermediate and Saved folders and try again.
                        Tried all of it, but no luck Moved my project to the root to shorten the path length. Packed it into zip and unpacked as a duplicate. Reset the DerivedDataCache. It wont generate the visual studio files...

Comment

Originally posted by DanielW View Post

Currently it doesn't support any streaming at all, which doesn't scale up to huge levels. You can either raise the Detail Cell Size or switch back to the old method for huge levels.
                          Please check my bug report: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...le-failed.html

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post

You will need to click the "+ Add Versions" option to create a new engine slot, and choose 4.18.0 for the release version.
                            Please check my bug report:
                            https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/718552/418-release-source-compile-failed.html

Comment

Holy smokes! What a fantastic update. Thank you so much for all the improvements!

Comment

Originally posted by Skyace65 View Post
                                Quick Question. Why does VS:Code need .NetCore and the C# extension for a C++ project?
                                because the projects also use c#, I guess as helpers in the build chain. look for the cs files in a new c++ project.

Comment

Working...
                                X