X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScottRCAD View Post
    Hi Everybody,

Can anybody from the Epic Staff tell me whether or not there will be another hotfix for 4.18

My institution is thinking about updating but we don't want to if there is going to be a 4.18.2

Thanks in advance.

There are issues fixed for 4.18.2, so I would assume there will be a 4.18.2
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issu...q=fix%3A4.18.2

Comment

• I have a problem with UE4.18. Everytime I try to install, it shows the error IS-PQR160. I have installed the Windows C++ Packages, made sure that Windows 10 was updated and i even ran the programm as an administrator but the problem was not resolved. Is there any proper solution for this or do I have to wait for the next version?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAC2001 View Post
        I have a problem with UE4.18. Everytime I try to install, it shows the error IS-PQR160. I have installed the Windows C++ Packages, made sure that Windows 10 was updated and i even ran the programm as an administrator but the problem was not resolved. Is there any proper solution for this or do I have to wait for the next version?
        Try the solutions here:

http://help.epicgames.com/customer/e...games-launcher

You're likely missing DirectX 2010 SDK or something similar.
        Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

• Great improvements, especially for skylight. I have been waiting for this for 3 years. Amazing!!!

Comment

• Anyt reason why i cant update it to the 4.18 version?

Comment

• Originally posted by Miners View Post
              Anyt reason why i cant update it to the 4.18 version?
              Are you on 4.17? You have to add 4.18 separately instead of updating it.

Comment

• Experiencing some very serious issues with the PHAT Editor in 4.18, old physics assets that worked without issues in all older engine revisions now go crazy if you try to simulate them. Same happens with the creation of new ones, especially on the head part, no matter how you place the body it will always freak out. Has anyone else experienced this?

I can provide example content if required to check this issue out.

Comment

• My life can't move on with this 4.18.2 hotfix: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...d98bfb65f74bce

I thought it was coming out this week? ;( Where's the love?
                  Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Available for Hire: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...uate-from-scad

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/VictorBurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Subscribe to www.youtube.com/c/victorburgosgames for UE4 Tutorials, Live Streams and also Past Streams.

Comment

• Any info in terms of ARKit integration further improvements in the engine ? Would appreciate any staff responding.
                    VR/AR Development
                    Hook me up Discord - Shin#0402

Comment

• UPDATE!

The 4.18.2 Hotfix is now live! This hotfix resolves many critical issues in the 4.18 release, including a significant crash in the VREditor.

Fixed in 4.18.2
                      Fixed! UE-52641 Simplygon Skelmesh "Regenerate" button remains for content that had Lods created in simplygon, even when it's not installed. On regenerating editor crashes - FPersonaMeshDetails::ApplyChanges()
                      Fixed! UE-52565 Can't change to Orthographic View when viewing Character assets in Editor
                      Fixed! UE-52608 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!FBoneContainer::GetParentBoneIndex() [bonecontainer.cpp:273]
                      Fixed! UE-52475 Editor crashes when undoing a mesh change on a skeletal mesh with virtual bones
                      Fixed! UE-52539 Hang on shutdown of procedural sound waves in audio mixer
                      Fixed! UE-52497 Sourcebus crashes on use
                      Fixed! UE-52449 [CrashReport] FPhysicsAssetUtils::CreateFromSkeletalMeshInternal()
                      Fixed! UE-52754 Post-build steps for plugins are not executed
                      Fixed! UE-52484 Add Component node loses reference on BP compile
                      Fixed! UE-52478 Crash in StaticMesh::GetAssetRegistryTags when saving packages
                      Fixed! UE-52852 Crash opening Child/Grandchild Blueprint after updating to 4.18
                      Fixed! UE-52524 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_BlueprintGraph!UK2Node_MacroInstance::PostPasteNode() [k2node_macroinstance.cpp:54]
                      Fixed! UE-52982 Mac Fails Preparing QAGame for Deploy to iOS: Directory '/Volumes/Storage/Unreal Projects/QAGame418/Build/IOS/Build/IOS/Resources/Graphics' not found
                      Fixed! UE-52912 TVOS 10.2.2 Terminates due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'
                      Fixed! UE-52752 Add support to UMG safe zone to be off-center for iPhone X (4.18)
                      Fixed! UE-52547 Project fails to package for Android with RenderDoc debugger enabled
                      Fixed! UE-52471 Proguard issues with MediaPlayer14 and CameraPlayer14
                      Fixed! UE-52300 UFE Quick Launch fails to Launch to iOS at the Deploy Step
                      Fixed! UE-52299 Android Template Project with Distribution enabled crashes on some devices
                      Fixed! UE-52993 Fix PSO locking perf regression for 4.18 hotfix
                      Fixed! UE-52955 Crash when minimizing editor window in Vulkan (nvidia drivers 388.13)
                      Fixed! UE-52566 ShaderCacheTool build fails
                      Fixed! UE-52121 Crash upon launching packaged game on Mac with Share Material Shader Code enabled
                      Fixed! UE-51940 [CrashReport] AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsMTLDriver!SamplerStage::bindSamplerToTexture()
                      Fixed! UE-51937 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-MetalRHI.dylib!FMetalRHICommandContext::RHIEndDrawIndexedPrimitiveUP()
                      Fixed! UE-50658 [CrashReport] Assertion failed: TaskDataArray.Num() == Exporter->VolumetricLightmapTaskGuids.Num()
                      Fixed! UE-52932 White Media Player Texture when Media is not playing
                      Fixed! UE-52648 Only sound is played for videos on Android devices
                      Fixed! UE-52594 MediaAssets: Crash in UMediaSoundComponent::UpdatePlayer
                      Fixed! UE-52377 Reordering Instance Editable arrays in a Character Blueprint breaks the array
                      Fixed! UE-52145 Mac: Editor grabs focus when creating a New Montage Section
                      Fixed! UE-52766 Linux: UI scale does not correspond to desktop environment settings
                      Fixed! UE-52086 Linux: UI scale is sometimes not 1.0 on non-high-DPI monitors
                      Fixed! UE-51843 UE4Game in 4.18 is broken for some third party software (hidden symbol elf_end() is referenced)
                      Fixed! UE-53126 Unknown by landscape material warning logspam when launching onto Android/HTML5/iOS/tvOS
                      Fixed! UE-52521 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Landscape!FLandscapeSplinesSceneProxy::GetDynamicMeshElements() [landscapesplines.cpp:159]
                      Fixed! UE-52843 Packaging fails when Online Framework Plugin is enabled in a Binary build.
                      Fixed! UE-52840 UMG's Zoom Viewport Buttons are oversized
                      Fixed! UE-53110 VREditor: Crash in VR Mode when interacting with motion controller menu
                      Fixed! UE-51728 4.18 missing Oculus dash support

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find by following the How To Report a Bug Guide

Comment

• Thanks Amanda, glad to see this get released today

Comment

• Nice, thanks Epic! When is 4.19pre1 coming ?

Comment

• VR devs - UE-53110 being fixed should also address similar crashes seen in VR play in editor preview.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow.Storm View Post
                              VR devs - UE-53110 being fixed should also address similar crashes seen in VR play in editor preview.

Thanks!
                              it should fix this as well
                              ​​​​​​​https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-51883

Comment

• still no fix for https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...een-in-41.html :/
                                guess I'll need to tell my clients to still not move to 4.18

Comment

Working...
                                X