X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
    Bug editing the Light Color of a SkyLight
    Every time you double-click to open the colorpicker, the hsv value is loaded incorrectly - an offset is added.
    (if value is 0, then this does not happen).

Steps to reproduce:
    Drag SkyLight into scene.
    Double-click Light color to open Color Picker. Change to non-zero value and save (V in HSV)
    Double-click Light color to open Color Picker again Incorrect value shown..
    You know that there has to be AH report in order for Epic even to start looking into your bug?!

Comment

• can you please explain, what happened with tango classes? I can`t see any mentions in patch-notes about it

Comment

• Hey fellow Unreal Developers,

We have successfully upgraded our project to 4.18 with all the help of these transition guides from 4.15 to 4.18. However we have now stumbled upon a problem which I am not sure if some of you have encountered this and might have an idea how to tackle this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4_18_binaries_issue.png Views:	1 Size:	62.8 KB ID:	1382159
        We have excluded the following files from our version control server:
        - .target
        - .modules
        - .pdb

We (programmers) compile the latest DLLs and push them the to the server so that the whole team have the latest C++ changes and can continue working with the new changes we make daily. The rest of the team (non-programmers) do not have Visual Studio installed and have not required to need it installed on their PC.

However with upgrade to 4.18 the project keeps asking to build the DLLs because files are missing and it might be build with an different engine version. This was not the case in 4.0 - 4.17.

I have created an answer topic with a new project in 4.18 so you can see the differences.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...rent-engi.html
        Jayce Rettob, Technical Programmer at Turtleneck Studios
        Currently working on the game RITE of ILK a co-op exploration game
        Forum thread: RITE of ILK

Comment

• Is there any kind of world/enviroment collision with the clothes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontur View Post
            Hi,

I have encountered an issue trying to build a dedicated server for a 4.18 project. The engine was built from source, then a binary version was created from that.

My problem is the content of the "MyGame.Server.Target.cs" file located in the MyGame/Source folder.

I am following this guide: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Dedica...ows_%26_Linux)

The guide suggests using the following lines:

Code:
            using UnrealBuildTool;
            using System.Collections.Generic;

public class MyGameServerTarget : TargetRules
            {
            public MyGameServerTarget(TargetInfo Target)
            {
            Type = TargetType.Server;
            bUsesSteam = true;
            }

// TargetRules interface.

public override bool GetSupportedPlatforms(ref List<UnrealTargetPlatform> OutPlatforms)
            {
            // It is valid for only server platforms
            return UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.GetAllServerPlatforms(ref OutPlatforms, false);
            }

public override void SetupBinaries
            (
            TargetInfo Target, ref List<UEBuildBinaryConfiguration> OutBuildBinaryConfigurations,
            ref List<string> OutExtraModuleNames
            )
            {
            OutExtraModuleNames.Add("MyGame");
            }
            }
            Now as far as I know that is outdated, so I changed it to this:
            Code:
            using UnrealBuildTool;
            {
            public MyGameServerTarget(TargetInfo Target) : base(Target)
            {
            bUsesSteam = true;
            ExtraModuleNames.AddRange( new string[] { "MyGame" } );
            }

// TargetRules interface.

public override bool GetSupportedPlatforms(ref List<UnrealTargetPlatform> OutPlatforms)
            {
            // It is valid for only server platforms
            return UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.GetAllServerPlatforms(ref OutPlatforms, false);
            }
            }
            However, upon generating the project files, I get the following error:
            Code:
            ERROR: c:\MyProjectPath\MyGame\Source\MyGameServer.Target.cs(22,36) : error CS0122: 'UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool' is inaccessible due to its protection level
            ERROR: c:\MyProjectPath\MyGame\Source\MyGameServer.Target.cs(22,52) : error CS0117: 'UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool' does not contain a definition for 'GetAllServerPlatforms'
            ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: Unable to compile source files.
            Does anyone know how to do this correctly?

Thanks!
            I've this problem too, any suggestions ?
            ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
            GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

• I wanted to point out that there is no PS4 devkit Firmware version 4.730.001, instead there is a devkit 4.730.011, is that the one you support? or should I go for the 4.740.001?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vahid View Post

I've this problem too, any suggestions ?
                (Tagging Kontur as well since he had the original question).

Follow the updated instructions on that page (the 4.17 should still be valid). If you are using anything newer than 4.14 - you don't need to override GetSupportedPlatforms.

Your Build.cs should look exactly like this

Code:
                using UnrealBuildTool;

[SupportedPlatforms(UnrealPlatformClass.Server)] // This line replaced the need for override GetSupportedPlatforms.
                {
                       {
                        ExtraModuleNames.Add("MyGame"); 
                       }
                }
                Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

(Tagging Kontur as well since he had the original question).

Follow the updated instructions on that page (the 4.17 should still be valid). If you are using anything newer than 4.14 - you don't need to override GetSupportedPlatforms.

Your Build.cs should look exactly like this

Code:
                  using UnrealBuildTool;

[SupportedPlatforms(UnrealPlatformClass.Server)] // This line replaced the need for override GetSupportedPlatforms.
                  {
                  {
                  ExtraModuleNames.Add("MyGame");
                  }
                  }
                  Thank you very much ExtraLifeMatt, this has solved my issue!

Comment

• Looks like on 4.18 shipping I get this crash right when I enter the game.

Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000

0x00000000E40CE6E7 Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!FSessionServicesModule::StartupModule() []
                    0x00000000E2FDC7F9 Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!FModuleManager::LoadModuleWithFailureReason() []
                    0x00000000E2FDC5EB Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!FModuleManager::LoadModule() []
                    0x00000000E2F1AB51 Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!FEngineLoop::Init() []
                    0x00000000E2F2030F Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!GuardedMain() []
                    0x00000000E2F2041A Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() []
                    0x00000000E2F266B0 Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!WinMain() []
                    0x00000000E436A7F3 Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:283]
                    0x00000000A1921FE4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00000000A3F2EF91 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Just tried on development and it works.

Ps how can I get logs on shipping version?

Comment

• Please make UE-44001 public on the issue tracker.
                      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

• Originally posted by Calibanul View Post
                        Looks like on 4.18 shipping I get this crash right when I enter the game.

Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000

0x00000000E40CE6E7 Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!FSessionServicesModule::StartupModule() []
                        0x00000000E2FDC7F9 Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!FModuleManager::LoadModuleWithFailureReason() []
                        0x00000000E2FDC5EB Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!FModuleManager::LoadModule() []
                        0x00000000E2F1AB51 Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!FEngineLoop::Init() []
                        0x00000000E2F2030F Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!GuardedMain() []
                        0x00000000E2F2041A Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() []
                        0x00000000E2F266B0 Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!WinMain() []
                        0x00000000E436A7F3 Unbound-Win64-Shipping.exe!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:283]
                        0x00000000A1921FE4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []

Just tried on development and it works.

Ps how can I get logs on shipping version?
                        looks like tcp/udp plugins have to be activated in the project in order to run on shipping...even if we don't need them

Comment

• Anyone else noticing slow load times for large cooked packages (1GB+) ?

Between 4.16.3 and 4.18 I did some basic testing and our cooked game load times are 2x faster in 4.16.

Both Async and EDL enabled, shipping configuration. Pak file mode disabled. Tested both initial load time (non Cached) and successive load times (IO Cached) both on Physical and SSD drives.
                          It's more noticeable on Physical drives but the factor of difference is the same.
                          Last edited by Raf; 11-13-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raf View Post
                            Anyone else noticing slow load times for large cooked packages (1GB+) ?

Between 4.16.3 and 4.18 I did some basic testing and our cooked game load times are 2x faster in 4.16.

Both Async and EDL enabled, shipping configuration. Pak file mode disabled. Tested both initial load time (non Cached) and successive load times (IO Cached) both on Physical and SSD drives.
                            It's more noticeable on Physical drives but the factor of difference is the same.
                            I feel 4.18 is a lot slower than 4.16 and 4.17 in general. Not sure what they changed that causes this, but it's definitely noticable. I probably have to downgrade to 4.17 again.

Comment

• 4.18.1 will be in soon, so maybe before downgrading see if the slow issue still persist.

Comment

• Anyone else getting really bad performance on this version compared to 4.17?

List of Black Fang Technologies' projects -> https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/119868-list-of-black-fang-technologies-projects

Comment

Working...
                                X