Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE Forums update - Thanks for your patience while we get things back in order

Hi all.

We just updated the forum software version used here for the UE forums. There is still a bit of work ahead of us as we get some things back in order, and we are aware of some issues such as missing themes, badges, and search problems. Thanks for your patience while we address these, and these forums should feel like home again soon.

Please share any feedback or issues you discover on the thread in the Feedback section: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...pdate-feedback

Thanks

UPDATE:
    We have fixed the ability for users to post replies under the Announcements section
    Signatures are displayed for all users again (they can be custom disabled if desired)
    Badges are displaying again
    Searching should provide full results now
    Frequent session timeouts have been fixed
    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 08-28-2017, 02:00 PM.
    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Really sucks that signatures are disabled by default.. Almost everyone on the forums gains exposure and generate interest in whatever they are working on from our signatures and now that is gone. With signature rules you can keep them clean so they dont' get out of control but I honestly don't see the big benefit with removing them by default.. I mean if you want to allow people to disable them then sure but don't make them disabled by default
    Ironbelly Studios- Your External UE4 Development Partner: AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
    Request a quote today:
    https://ironbellystudios.com
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Comment

Originally posted by Ironbelly View Post
      Really sucks that signatures are disabled by default.. Almost everyone on the forums gains exposure and generate interest in whatever they are working on from our signatures and now that is gone. With signature rules you can keep them clean so they dont' get out of control but I honestly don't see the big benefit with removing them by default.. I mean if you want to allow people to disable them then sure but don't make them disabled by default

I liked the signatures. I found useful community links through them. Some clickbait. Its well worth the trouble.
      colqui helped me learn with a blueprint i found in signature, and I found some mp assets I didnt know existed.
      it also gives confidence and inspiration to indie, devs that see others making progress, and releasing good games through links. Not just building lighting

Comment

totally agree with Ironbelly, its kind of suck with the signature gone, and we can't search latest post in forum anymore? Be honest I don't think its a improvement

Folio and Others: - Portfolio - Youtube - Facebook

Comment

I can no longer browse for new posts, I used this a lot to find new topics, posts and assets etc. are there plans to bring it back?!

Comment

Originally posted by raventhebird View Post

totally agree with Ironbelly, its kind of suck with the signature gone, and we can't search latest post in forum anymore? Be honest I don't think its a improvement
            It's not nice they didn't test things internally before pushing it out on public but hey, it's not meant to stay this way. I assume a lot of the current troubles will be addressed in a week or two.
            Artstation
            Join the support channel
            Gumroad Store

Comment

I honestly think the old one was fine. I don't see why signatures had to be disabled I found them very useful. Hopefully features that was in the old forums can be put back in the new setup. :\
              Demented owner and founder of NeoSpawn Games
              Current Project: Project Yami (place holder title) Next-Gen Fighter using UE4
              FanPage: www.facebook.com/NeoSpawnGames
              Official(under construction): www.neospawngames.net
              Personal FB: http://www.facebook.com/Keiyentai
              LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/Keiyentai

Comment

hey, Looks like the new design comes along pretty well with the overall design of Epic. however I'm really not happy with the embeds... no more videos or sketchfabs embeds??? for real? what the heck is up with that? please fix and give us the ability to embed...
                thanks
                Check out our 3D game characters online store: http://protofactor.biz

Comment

Sigs would be nice (and maybe avatars, call me crazy) but also I'm not digging the page width? Previous layout used the whole monitor, now we've got one little column.
                  Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                  Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                  |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

The dark theme is easier on my eyes when reading lots of text i noticed, not sure if its the same for others but hope that comes back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
                      Sigs would be nice (and maybe avatars, call me crazy) but also I'm not digging the page width? Previous layout used the whole monitor, now we've got one little column.
                      Stretching text across the entire monitor is actually really bad for readability. Way too much moving the eyes left and right to read annoying long lines of text. ​​​You'll find that most other forums, and blogs, and everything else, use a fixed width layout.

Comment

Yes theme theme theme.. black theme.. I need it back..

Comment

Really sucks that signatures are disabled by default..
                          Signatures are actually on display, when not logged in.

@Stephen Ellis Getting error message Server Abort, when adding to quotes to quick reply.
                          Last edited by unit23; 08-24-2017, 04:12 AM. Reason: wsdasdasdasd
                          [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo][Reallusion Technical Expert]

Comment

Originally posted by brisck1 View Post
                            I can no longer browse for new posts, I used this a lot to find new topics, posts and assets etc. are there plans to bring it back?!
                            There is such a link visible, when not logged in.
                            [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo][Reallusion Technical Expert]

Comment

+1 Since marketplace doesn't provide discoverability for us - asset developers -, you just disabled our precious little marketing tool.
                              SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextCamera TransitionsLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsAngled Lower ThirdsHitPoint

Comment

Working...
                              X