X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    RELEASE!

4.17.0 is now available: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...4-17-Released!

I'd like to thank everyone once again who helped us test during this preview, we were able to catch and address a number of issues thanks to you.

I am now closing this post, please continue any 4.17 discussions on the new thread. And remember as always, please report any new issues you find to the UE4 Answerhub.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mlindborg View Post
    Fixed it by disabling dithering in the material details and replacing it with a dithering node instead.
    Thanks, that solved it !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FrozenHarlequin View Post
    I still seem to be getting this issue in the final 4.17 release so it looks like it hasn't been resolved? I'm using an instance of the Photorealistic Character hair material and it looks weird and blocky like in that screenshot whereas it looked perfectly fine in 4.15 (went from 4.15 to 4.17 so can't talk about 4.16).
    Fixed it by disabling dithering in the material details and replacing it with a dithering node instead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone been able to find the sample Composure Compositing Project?

Can't seem to find it after activating the plugin...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    I would like to understand what's going on about augmented reality in Unreal, because I'm bit confused and I can't wait to develop AR app with Unreal.
    We have the project Tango in 4.17, but it works only with some devices: is that correct?
    Then we will have ARKit im 4.17, but it's only for iOS: is that correct?
    If they are both correct, what about all the other devices?
    Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mlindborg View Post

This is the hair from the photorealistic character project, same problem
    I still seem to be getting this issue in the final 4.17 release so it looks like it hasn't been resolved? I'm using an instance of the Photorealistic Character hair material and it looks weird and blocky like in that screenshot whereas it looked perfectly fine in 4.15 (went from 4.15 to 4.17 so can't talk about 4.16).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm still experiencing this bug in my packaged game build ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hrmm. I was working on a visual studio compiled version of UE4 4.17 Preview 3, and I saw that 4.17 was released, and I downloaded the release version today and I tried to run my project on the release version of 4.17, but now half my maps won't load. I suppose the fact I saved the maps in Preview 3 changed things in a way that the 4.17 release version cannot recognize? I just kept on doing my work through each preview of 4.17 because the new audio system was so awesome.

I don't want to go back and duplicate my work, nor do I want to work on UE4 4.17 Preview 3 if it is unstable and I shouldn't release apps using it (according to the documentation). Is there some code I can change somewhere to fix this?
    Last edited by jasonh2013; 08-07-2017, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ispheria View Post
    I'm downloading an update right now. Is this the full release?
    Appears so. I just saw all the closed/commits of the documentation updates.

Its official
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-4-17-Released!
    Last edited by rasamaya; 08-07-2017, 12:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm downloading an update right now. Is this the full release?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Right click breaks bp
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...lick-drag.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by muchcharles View Post
    Hey I just reported this, a major performance regression to all SteamVR games:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...en-area-m.html

It affects all engine versions because it was a hardcoded assumption changing, but it would be really nice to get it fixed for 4.17! The OpenVR version the engine uses already has a way to directly get the visible area mesh, so it is an easy fix.
    Nice catch, seems quite serious to me!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey I just reported this, a major performance regression to all SteamVR games:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...en-area-m.html

It affects all engine versions because it was a hardcoded assumption changing, but it would be really nice to get it fixed for 4.17! The OpenVR version the engine uses already has a way to directly get the visible area mesh, so it is an easy fix.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eryang View Post
    the arkit plugin in preview 3 is not work correctly. the package will crash once i open it on my ipad.
    you guys should make a tutorial about how to use arkit in ue4.
    [MENTION=213919]eryang[/MENTION] check out this thread, I managed to get it working with a couple of tweaks.. down the bottom

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ighlight=arkit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Michael Noland View Post
    I'd expect #2/#3* to work fine and it's what our games use. One big gotcha is that you need to call ConfirmVideoMode() when changing resolutions or fullscreen to make sure it's recorded permanently. This dates back to the days where you could set a resolution on a CRT and see nothing if it was out of specs for the monitor, so typically games would show a 'keep changes' prompt with a countdown timer before they reverted back to the previous settings. If you are calling that and it's still not working, please open an AnswerHub ticket with your code or BP logic.

*(#3 is effectively the same as #2 on subsequent runs, assuming you do SaveSettings or ApplySettings after modifying something)

Cheers,
    Michael Noland
    Where is the need to call ConfirmVideoMode documented previously? I'll make a new, empty test project - again - with the blueprint code. I'll do it for both 4.16 and 4.17. But this doesn't explain why Unreal is now defaulting to fullscreen windowed since 4.16. Upgrade in place for older projects now fail in this regards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X