This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legend286 View Post
    In case anyone wasn't aware, there's also now support for PCSS shadows from directional lights.

r.shadow.filteringmethod 1 produces results as so...

Also, shadow biasing seems to have been heavily improved, point and spotlights have perfect shadows with as low as 0.01 bias in most situations now, which means no more peter panning or acne all over the place - they don't use the new filter yet though, but I'm sure that'll change once this feature becomes finalised.
    That is great indeed!

Comment

Also, shadow biasing seems to have been heavily improved, point and spotlights have perfect shadows with as low as 0.01 bias in most situations now, which means no more peter panning or acne all over the place - they don't use the new filter yet though, but I'm sure that'll change once this feature becomes finalised.
      Directional lights are still all messed up. Why would they improve point lights first ...?

Comment

This is again pushed back to 4.18: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-43093
        It's hitting us with a solid 60 FPS drop at the moment.
        Basepass cost goes incredibly high when using various meshes with Grass Tool.
        Artstation
        Join the support channel
        Gumroad Store

Comment

In case anyone wasn't aware, there's also now support for PCSS shadows from directional lights.

r.shadow.filteringmethod 1 produces results as so...

This change really should've been highlighted in the new features list. The difference is astounding even without PCSS.

Comment

Originally posted by jonimake View Post
            The difference is astounding even without PCSS.
            Can you please post a picture without PCSS? Preferably on the other thread.
            Artstation
            Join the support channel
            Gumroad Store

Comment

I get fuzzy,flickering shadows with r.shadow.FilteringMethod 1

Comment

Originally posted by Raildex_ View Post
                I get fuzzy,flickering shadows with r.shadow.FilteringMethod 1

Are you using TAA? It's kinda required I guess, I noticed some issues but not nearly as bad as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeblote View Post
                  Directional lights are still all messed up. Why would they improve point lights first ...?
                  Well, point lights had absolutely horrendous issues without even being very close to parallel with surfaces, but I think they need to sort out directional lights and in general remove the horrendous "blending" which happens closest to the shadow casters, it's just ugly and doesn't fix a problem that should never have existed had the biasing been implemented properly in the first place.

Comment

Added a MakeDynamicAdditive node to animBlueprints.
                    Sounds intriguing dude, what does it do?

Comment

Hi everyone.

Just a reminder that if you believe you have identified a bug with the 4.17 Preview, please create a bug report on the UE4 Answerhub.

Thanks
                      Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by turfster View Post
                        Why is a FRichCurve UPROPERTY suddenly no longer supported by blueprints in 4.17?
                        Worked fine up until 4.16, now it's "Error: Type 'FRichCurve' is not supported by blueprint"
                        As part of the blueprint data exposure cleanups we now properly inform users that they are making use of types that are not exposed as BlueprintTypes. This may mean that some errors in places where types that were previously being made use of without being marked as BlueprintType no longer work. We can certainly consider exposing these types, but in general something like FRichCurve has none of its properties exposed to Blueprints, so it would require a pass across the class to make sure that an appropriate API was available.

If you want to mark the type BlueprintType in your local build you should be able to continue using it, but I would be interested in the context that you are using them and how you would expect them to work from blueprints?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                          Hi everyone.

Just a reminder that if you believe you have identified a bug with the 4.17 Preview, please create a bug report on the UE4 Answerhub.

Thanks
                          There is a bug where ctrl-s to save the map or material is not working:
                          https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ly-in-417.html

There is also an issue where people are forcibly accepting wrong answers in my answerhub posts with zero explanation.

I'd appreciate if something like this doesn't happen.
                          Last edited by Zeblote; 07-17-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Moderators accept the answer because it's correct. CTRL+S in the material editor shouldn't save the level, only the currently focused asset.
                            Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

Originally posted by Gwenn View Post
                              CTRL+S in the material editor shouldn't save the level, only the currently focused asset.
                              I'm aware, but ctrl-s does not seem to be functioning at all. With no windows open except the level editor, and the level modified, nothing happens. I was always able to save the level with ctrl-s, and that's also how you would intuitively expect it to work...

Edit: For unknown reasons, saving in the level editor wasn't bound in the keybind settings anymore, I definitely didn't remove it manually though! Now it's all working again.
                              Last edited by Zeblote; 07-17-2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Still no support for paper 2D :,(

Comment

Working...
                                X