This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    [MENTION=459266]mblogest[/MENTION] that's a pretty big quote just to ask a question. try mentioning Stephen Ellis's name instead. or in this case just ask your question. because almost anyone here can answer your question.

unless it's been changed: yes you have to download the actual 4.17 release. the preview is exactly what it says just a preview.
    (it's advised Not to update any working 'major' projects to a Preview because it's just for testing & seeing what's new etc etc)

"Please be aware that the preview releases are not fully quality tested, that they are still under heavy active development, and that they should be considered as unstable until the final release. Developers should not convert their projects for active development on preview releases. Please test on copies of your project instead."

& to answer When? Soon - it's always SOON!
    Last edited by ayretek; 08-02-2017, 10:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dear community please hightlight VR Spectator option, I want to make Mixed reality videos from VR demos, how this function works? I have ViveTracker as virtual camera and DSLR camera as a physical camera, how to merge them together into one video file? (I have GreenScreen room). I hope this untion will be available fully in 4.17 Final release. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi,4.17 when release?and if i download 4.17 preview 3 and 4.17 release,i must download it again or just upgrade?
    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 08-02-2017, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unreal Engine 4.17 doesn't bring any explicit mentions and the only Vulkan mention is with regard to native sRGB sampling for Android applications. But other work to find with Unreal Engine 4.17 includes a number of physics updates/optimizations, audio streaming is no longer considered experimental, UE4 plug-ins can now declare dependencies on other plug-ins, a new composure compositing plugin, shaders are now supported in plugins and projects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi,4.17 when release?and if i download 4.17 preview 3 and 4.17 release,i must download it again or just upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SiggiG View Post
    It would be great to get a better example on how to use PVS-Studio. I'm very interested in static analysis tools but have so far not been successful with using PVS Studio with Unreal Engine.

When I use the Standalone tool and compile, it doesn't seem to analyze code in plugins? I've been trying this with the free license on an open source project (with the special headers), but hoping to use this commercially if I like it.

Is the free version perhaps not supported due to header generation?
    If anyone else is curious about this, run a command line to build your project. Something like this example below, just replace %enginePath% with the full path to your UE 4.17 installation's Engine folder.

%enginePath%\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat MyProject Win64 Development "%projectPath%/MyProject.uproject" -StaticAnalyzer=PVSStudio

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DLC. Hello DLC is not working. Please Dont for get to check DLC

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will there be only 1 spectator screen or can we have more than one from different cameras ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cant wait to try some of these new features

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are the HMD comands: VRHeadsetPutOnHead and VRHeadsetRemovedFromHead being implemented for Rift in 4.17?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Motanum View Post
    You can try taking a look at this thread?
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ation-Required

I didn't need to make use of that, as I could load basic txt, images, and midi files from disk which saved me some time with fiddling with that system, but it can be usefull to get started out.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It would be great to get a better example on how to use PVS-Studio. I'm very interested in static analysis tools but have so far not been successful with using PVS Studio with Unreal Engine.

When I use the Standalone tool and compile, it doesn't seem to analyze code in plugins? I've been trying this with the free license on an open source project (with the special headers), but hoping to use this commercially if I like it.

Is the free version perhaps not supported due to header generation?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Malachi93 View Post
    Any word on this?? I'm aware you can implement clear coat in the GetImageBasedReflectionLighting function in ForwardLightingCommon.usf. However I'm not sure exactly how to do it. Is there any sign of this being put into the forward renderer as default??
    Any insight on getting the clear coat shading model to work in the forward renderer??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by masterneme View Post
    Can someone say if there're any updates on modding?

Does this mean that we could make a game easily moddable like Robo Recall or this doesn't have anything to do with that?
    You can try taking a look at this thread?
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ation-Required

I didn't need to make use of that, as I could load basic txt, images, and midi files from disk which saved me some time with fiddling with that system, but it can be usefull to get started out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jasonh2013 View Post
    Just want to let everyone know I've been working on android/daydream apps and the new audio mixer system is really cool. In terms of immersion just having spatial attenuation greatly increases the immersiveness of a game. Also, it is my recommendation to try and bring in the very latest version of google vr plugins for the eventual 4.17 release. I am fairly certain this recent commit, uploaded yesterday, solved an incredibly irritating problem I was experiencing in both 4.16 and 4.17 involving visual artifacts/erratic behavior of the virtual motion controller: https://github.com/googlevr-unreal/U...a1a6c5ca06fa86 . I don't feel confident enough in myself to say there was a definite cause and effect relationship -- quite honestly I don't understand the code that was changed -- but after I downloaded and then rebuilt everything in visual studio using this particular version of the set of google vr motion controller plugins, used in conjunction with a 4.16.2 version of the engine, my problem went away completely. I am just barely starting to learn visual studio and c++ so it's just as likely I accidentally hit some checkbox somewhere in some blueprint to either cause or solve the problem I've been experiencing so take what I write with a grain of salt.
    +1
    Would be great to get this latest stable daydream plugin in 4.17 binary!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X