This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Experimental) Shaders are now supported in Plugins and Projects

How has no one commented on this? This is huge! I can't wait to dig into this when time allows. I knew it was possible by playing in the engine's shader directory, but that was hacky.

Composure Compositing Plugin

Equally excited about this.

These changes are moving in an excellent direction.
    Developing realtime biomolecular illustrative simulations in Unreal: Twitter - Youtube - GitHub

Comment

waiting for arkit...

Comment

Originally posted by timtimmy View Post
        (Experimental) Shaders are now supported in Plugins and Projects

How has no one commented on this? This is huge! I can't wait to dig into this when time allows. I knew it was possible by playing in the engine's shader directory, but that was hacky.
        We already knew/used it for a while

Reading all of the master commits on github might seem like a waste of time, but it's probably the most effective way to stay up to date with the engine.

Comment

arkit is a 4.18 feature I believe.

Comment

GearVR controller component not working/missing in 4.17P1. Was working fine in 4.16 binary

Answerhub post: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...rom-417p1.html
            Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

I only really care for seeing this fixed....
              https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-42280

It's only the highest voted issue.... no biggie.

But seriously, this issue is way overdue for a fix, c'mon epic.

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTH0S View Post
                Where is the juicy C# and .net core upgrade from bp mess? meh...
                Judging by the patchnotes and roadmaps the engine is being worked on less and less, no goodies to improve engine/APi usability like scripting without having to touch C++ at all, or new API doc's that humans can understand.
                "this engine update doesn't include my vague requirements therefore it is not being worked on at all"

Comment

Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.17+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11VertexDeclaration.cpp] [Line: 49]
                  "Unknown RHI vertex element type 0"

This happens when starting PIE. Not many clues why this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Anadin View Post
                    arkit is a 4.18 feature I believe.
                    I heard it's on Github and will be merged in for 4.17.1

Comment

using #include in custom material expressions immediately crashes the editor. We have significant shader code that needs to be pulled in this way that works very well in 4.16. I hope this does not mean a dead end.

Comment

Someone edited my bug report here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...e-capture.html and made one of my comments an answer. It wasn't an answer, it just confirmed that the feature is in 4.17 but doesn't appear to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpartner View Post
                          I heard it's on Github and will be merged in for 4.17.1
                          Source? We don't provide any features in hot fixes. Only critical bug fixes that don't change binary compatibility.
                          Last edited by NickDarnell; 07-12-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Büke View Post
                            using #include in custom material expressions immediately crashes the editor. We have significant shader code that needs to be pulled in this way that works very well in 4.16. I hope this does not mean a dead end.
                            What you are including? Can you show the include code?

Comment

Originally posted by Piers909 View Post
                              Does the compositing features include an effect to allow shadows to be cast against the images/video?
                              We just developed a working video compositing system that receives and casts shadows, lights and light wrapping, as well as multi chroma keying, edge reconstruction and multi band denoising all realtime in Unreal. It works as transparent video actors that can be placed anywhere in the scene, even behind transparency and volume fog, frame locked to the sequencer.

The 4.17 Composure system, being a post processing overlay does not look too promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle-H View Post
                                What you are including? Can you show the include code?
                                Even an empty file will crash it. The files are full paths.

Comment

Working...
                                X