This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Noland View Post
    Doesn't really have anything to do with modding.

Cheers,
    Michael Noland
    Thank you Michael.
    ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
    Support Project Boon on Patreon

On Steam Soon, Click Below

Comment

I am getting a hard freeze when invoking any sort of resolution change in a shipping build. PIE and Launch seem to work fine, just the standalone shipping build. Synchronized to the latest 4.17 commit at the time of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
        Sorry, I hadn't been able to test on the latest preview 3, was waiting to do that before submitting a bug report.

Good news is that it appears to be functional again in preview 3, apologies for not getting around to it before you had to look into it.

I'll edit the original post to mention that its been fixed too.
        No worries. Thank you for confirming. If you do see this behavior again, please be sure to let us know.

Comment

Event Driven Loading / Async Loading Thread crashes

Still critical problems in 4.17 with Event Driven Loading and Async Loading Thread..

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-thread-b.html

Comment

Originally posted by jasonh2013 View Post
            Just want to let everyone know I've been working on android/daydream apps and the new audio mixer system is really cool. In terms of immersion just having spatial attenuation greatly increases the immersiveness of a game. Also, it is my recommendation to try and bring in the very latest version of google vr plugins for the eventual 4.17 release. I am fairly certain this recent commit, uploaded yesterday, solved an incredibly irritating problem I was experiencing in both 4.16 and 4.17 involving visual artifacts/erratic behavior of the virtual motion controller: https://github.com/googlevr-unreal/U...a1a6c5ca06fa86 . I don't feel confident enough in myself to say there was a definite cause and effect relationship -- quite honestly I don't understand the code that was changed -- but after I downloaded and then rebuilt everything in visual studio using this particular version of the set of google vr motion controller plugins, used in conjunction with a 4.16.2 version of the engine, my problem went away completely. I am just barely starting to learn visual studio and c++ so it's just as likely I accidentally hit some checkbox somewhere in some blueprint to either cause or solve the problem I've been experiencing so take what I write with a grain of salt.
            +1
            Would be great to get this latest stable daydream plugin in 4.17 binary!
            Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Originally posted by masterneme View Post
              Can someone say if there're any updates on modding?

Does this mean that we could make a game easily moddable like Robo Recall or this doesn't have anything to do with that?
              You can try taking a look at this thread?
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ation-Required

I didn't need to make use of that, as I could load basic txt, images, and midi files from disk which saved me some time with fiddling with that system, but it can be usefull to get started out.
              Musical Range VR | Musical Range Trailer | Pausing Game On Steam Overlay | Aperture Tag

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi93 View Post
                Any word on this?? I'm aware you can implement clear coat in the GetImageBasedReflectionLighting function in ForwardLightingCommon.usf. However I'm not sure exactly how to do it. Is there any sign of this being put into the forward renderer as default??
                Any insight on getting the clear coat shading model to work in the forward renderer??

Comment

It would be great to get a better example on how to use PVS-Studio. I'm very interested in static analysis tools but have so far not been successful with using PVS Studio with Unreal Engine.

When I use the Standalone tool and compile, it doesn't seem to analyze code in plugins? I've been trying this with the free license on an open source project (with the special headers), but hoping to use this commercially if I like it.

Is the free version perhaps not supported due to header generation?
                  Lead Engineer at Wargaming | Ex-CCP (EVE Valkyrie / Sparc) | @SiggiGG
                  Check out my procedural mesh examples

Comment

Originally posted by Motanum View Post
                    You can try taking a look at this thread?
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ation-Required

I didn't need to make use of that, as I could load basic txt, images, and midi files from disk which saved me some time with fiddling with that system, but it can be usefull to get started out.
                    Thank you!
                    ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
                    Support Project Boon on Patreon

On Steam Soon, Click Below

Comment

Are the HMD comands: VRHeadsetPutOnHead and VRHeadsetRemovedFromHead being implemented for Rift in 4.17?

Comment

Cant wait to try some of these new features

Comment

Will there be only 1 spectator screen or can we have more than one from different cameras ?

Comment

DLC. Hello DLC is not working. Please Dont for get to check DLC

Comment

Originally posted by SiggiG View Post
                              It would be great to get a better example on how to use PVS-Studio. I'm very interested in static analysis tools but have so far not been successful with using PVS Studio with Unreal Engine.

When I use the Standalone tool and compile, it doesn't seem to analyze code in plugins? I've been trying this with the free license on an open source project (with the special headers), but hoping to use this commercially if I like it.

Is the free version perhaps not supported due to header generation?
                              If anyone else is curious about this, run a command line to build your project. Something like this example below, just replace %enginePath% with the full path to your UE 4.17 installation's Engine folder.

%enginePath%\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat MyProject Win64 Development "%projectPath%/MyProject.uproject" -StaticAnalyzer=PVSStudio
                              Lead Engineer at Wargaming | Ex-CCP (EVE Valkyrie / Sparc) | @SiggiGG
                              Check out my procedural mesh examples

Comment

hi,4.17 when release?and if i download 4.17 preview 3 and 4.17 release,i must download it again or just upgrade?

Comment

Working...
                                X