This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
    I was able to make it work with skel mesh from Engine content.

You need to:
    - Add control rig component to your skel mesh,
    - In control rig select Base Human,
    - Then in Modes select Animation,
    - Then Select Skel Mesh you want to control,
    - Create new Sequence,

And you should get what I have on the screen.

Hope we can export data from sequence to Animation Sequence and be able to run it using AnimBlueprint. This would be super great for all people prototyping new features depending on poses/animations.

Edit: Yes you can export! Thanks Epic!
    Originally posted by Tom Sarkanen View Post
    The new in-editor animation tools are in this release. We aren't calling them out as they are currently in a very experimental state, but all the features that we were aiming for (including baking to anim sequences) are included. We would love to hear your feedback!

As to binding to your mesh, once the plugin is enabled, you will need to open the new "Control Rig" tab in the skeletal mesh editor to set up bindings to your mesh.
    Thanks for the information! I made a feedback thread for now: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...uence-feedback

Comment

How about VR Mixer Reality and supporting second camera?

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
        Did you previously use 4.15? There were a large amount of header changes that came with 4.15, so if you haven't updated your project to work with that - you'll have to do it with 4.16.

Likely your header file is missing the following includes:

Code:
        #include "UObject/ObjectMacros.h"
        #include "UObject/ScriptMacros.h"
        I was on 4.15. Turns out the issue was that I had put the project into a folder named "4.16" which causes issues since identifiers (such as that define I copied) in C++ can't start with a number. Renamed the folder and that fixed it.

Comment

Regarding volumetric performance cost, I 've not done my own testing yet but some info from a github commit log was discussed in the volumetric fog thread in the feature requests forum a few weeks back:

Change 3346526 on 2017/03/14 by Daniel.Wright

[Copy] Volumetric Fog supports point and spot light shadows
          * These lights are injected separately so that per-light resources can be bound (shadow depth map, static shadow depth map)
          * Forward lighting of local lights can be forced with 'r.VolumetricFog.InjectShadowedLightsSeparately 0'
          * Shadowed lights come at a cost: 2.9ms for volumetric fog on 970 -> 4.2ms with shadowing

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
            Hi iamjustagamer75.

You are correct that the D3D HUNG crashes are not resolved yet, but this is an important issue to us, and we are working towards a resolution. Both the 4.16 Preview and the upcoming 4.15.2 hotfix contain updates from NVIDIA that will send back additional logging information when these crashes occur. Our hope is that we can use this new information to isolate and resolve the root issue as soon as possible. (note: the new code isn't functional yet, since it is also dependent on a new NVIDIA driver that should be releasing soon. We will keep everyone posted)

Cheers
            Didn't 4.13.2 come out 7 months ago?
            Our Ghosts of War - The World's First World War 2 Survival Game
            Twitter: @ourghostsofwar

Comment

Can someone enlighten this dum-dum...
              A new clothing solver from Nvidia called NvCloth replaces APEX.
              I'm still using APEX tools for PhysX 3.3 (up to 4.13), is there an upgrade path to this... maybe opening using PhysX 3.4, saving, or will it be less headache to just import the meshes without apx and just repaint everything in 4.16?
              Capsule collision can now be imported from an FBX file. You now use the ‘UCP’ prefix on a capsule poly mesh, and it will be removed on import, and replaced by a corresponding capsule collision shape.
              Is this feature where the collision follows the mesh so closely that they're as good as static mesh collisions? No more flat lizards being driven by tall colliders. I.e. I can make that Shadow of the Colossus clone I've always wanted?

Comment

Originally posted by boogerton View Post
                Can someone enlighten this dum-dum...

I'm still using APEX tools for PhysX 3.3 (up to 4.13), is there an upgrade path to this... maybe opening using PhysX 3.4, saving, or will it be less headache to just import the meshes without apx and just repaint everything in 4.16?

Is this feature where the collision follows the mesh so closely that they're as good as static mesh collisions? No more flat lizards being driven by tall colliders. I.e. I can make that Shadow of the Colossus clone I've always wanted?
                If you are not able to add other api or edit the engine physics better then don't even try to make a game based on physics.
                Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

The cloth editor tool is not in there yet is it? i played around with 4.16 for a while but couldn't find it.
                  website - twitter - facebook - youtube

Comment

Originally posted by BENEROT View Post
                    The cloth editor tool is not in there yet is it? i played around with 4.16 for a while but couldn't find it.
                    Go to Editor Preferences, then under Experimental enable Clothing Tools.
                    VIMEO channel | Artstation profile

Comment

• Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post
                      I have not tested it so i am sorry if wrong but is that volumetric really is only screen space effect so looking away from volumetric source location disables volume rays? anyone has more videos about volumetrics? please post.
                      It is not just a screen space effect. You can look away so that the source position of light(s) using volumetrics are off-screen, but the rays still work

However there are quite a lot of settings that can make a dramatic difference to this system, and it will take some time for everyone to learn the best settings for various scenarios. For example one of the settings (I forget which one right now) even has a tooltip that explains that it makes a big difference to how much rays will show up when you are viewing them from certain angles, eg if your camera is facing away from directional light direction.

I'm quite confident that there will be plenty of documentation, tutorials and videos of this effect given more time, as it is rather lovely to look at and plenty of people will experiment with it. For now there are just a few short videos and photos that show the results but dont attempt to explain things.

One source of information is from page 5 onwards of the feature request thread in the feedback forum. Once you scroll down page 5 a bit you will see that someone noticed when this feature was added to the github master branch version of UE4 some weeks ago, and various people tried it. There is not huge amounts of info there but it is better than nothing. Just be somewhat wary of some details because a few option names were changed in a later github commit after people already spoke on that thread about the system.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-fog/page5

Comment

• Could we have a sample Kernel texture for FFT bloom? Everything I try works to some extent, but also blurs the entire image to the point that it almost looks like poorly set up dof.

Comment

• OK the volumetric fog tooltip I referred to in my previous post doesnt seem to have the detail I mentioned in the preview version, I saw it on a version from github I compiled on my mac earlier this month.

It's pretty useful to know so I'm posting a screenshot.

Comment

• How do I turn mesh section to cloth ? On GDC video Alan just selected section, right click add cloth asset. I can't even select mesh section in viewport ;/.
                            https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

• Finally we have UE4.16! Great work!

But, issues is steel a problem...
                              Cloth Paint tool crashes, link to answerhub:
                              https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...aint-tool.html

Comment

• I eagerly tested out the new audio engine on android to get spatialized audio finally however the audio has an annoying crackling sound

Bug report here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...sults-cra.html

Are there any special settings required - I let everything as defaults
                                Headgear - VR solutions

VR Game Release: We Come In Peace...
                                Oculus GearVR: https://www2.oculus.com/experiences/...6630401745678/
                                Daydream VR: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.headgear.WCIP

Comment

Working...
                                X