Some epic stuff in this release

Comment

Unfortunately I get these:

2>[1/3] Link UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll
      2>[2/3] Link UE4Editor-SteamVR.dll
      2>[3/3] Link UE4Editor-SteamVRController.dll
      2>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'openvr_api.lib'
      2>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'openvr_api.lib'
      2>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.lib'

I already deleted my Intermediate folder, no dice.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

They did say hot reload on VS2015 was broken with linker errors, right in the first post.
        Helium Rain, a realistic space opera - Full C++ sources available - Steam Greenlight | /r/unrealengine

Comment

For those already experimenting with VolumentricLight,
          Could you do some comparisions on visual/performance hits with different detailsettings? Like how visible are the differences between low resolution VolumentricLight and High and its performance differences?
          (Not at home right now :/)

Comment

Originally posted by oglu View Post
            What happened to the USD plug from Pixar.?
            It is in there as an experimental plugin. You have to enable it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwenn View Post
              They did say hot reload on VS2015 was broken with linker errors, right in the first post.

Comment

I just sent about 10 crash reports, using the new nvida driver and this preview, same ole crashes ive had since 4.14+.
                Trying to open any of the following = crash.

Starter content particles any of them.
                Any third person template animation.
                Third person blendspace.
                Third person animation blueprint.

All using a fresh just created template using this preview.

Specs
                I7
                8Gigs of ram
                gtx 560ti
                Last edited by iamjustagamer75; 04-26-2017, 09:16 AM.
                Come Join Me On Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/iamjohngalt75 Or Visit Me On Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpu...wyusqni1ZnWdBQ

Comment

I have not tested it so i am sorry if wrong but is that volumetric really is only screen space effect so looking away from volumetric source location disables volume rays? anyone has more videos about volumetrics? please post.
                  TOX - Set yourself free from Skype in future

Comment

As for Base Human Control Rig I have issue with eyes. Don't know how to resolve it.

Any ideas?

Edit: I needed to create control rig in skel mesh asset and resave sequence.

btw. any chance to have more control over head bones? eg mouth, eyes for dialogue animations/poses. I think this is doable in current system but no idea how to start.

Feedback: When exporting from Sequence it would be nice to tell which frames should be exported. (all frames, from-to) Basically I'm using this tool for prototype poses and possibility to export exact frame is great.
                    Last edited by intoxicat3; 04-26-2017, 09:47 AM.
                    How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

Comment

Originally posted by Gwenn View Post
                      Who said anything about hot reload?

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Likely your header file is missing the following includes:

Code:
                        #include "UObject/ObjectMacros.h"
                        #include "UObject/ScriptMacros.h"
                        You should no longer have to include those yourself in every header as the generated header files now have those lines emitted in to them.

Comment

Volumetric Fog with a single light if you look directly give 9ms of cost, 8ms at look other world zone. When is disabled cost 6ms.

There is no a single volumetric system that cost this lots of ms in the market. From 2.5 to 3.5ms

Test using 970GTX on 1080p
                          Last edited by Hevedy; 04-26-2017, 09:46 AM.
                          Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

What are the costs in more intensive setups with multiple lights? What about indoor scenes vs landscapes?

Comment

Originally posted by iamjustagamer75 View Post
                              I just sent about 10 crash reports, using the new nvida driver and this preview, same ole crashes ive had since 4.14+.
                              Thank you. I have tracked down and logged your data for review.
                              Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
                              Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Thanks, just trying to help believe me I want this fixed bad, don't want to be stuck in 4.13.2 forevermore.......
                                Come Join Me On Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/iamjohngalt75 Or Visit Me On Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpu...wyusqni1ZnWdBQ

Comment

Working...
                                X