This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unresolved issues in 4.16 Preview targeted to be fixed by the 4.16 Release
    Couldn't find this bug in there. https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-43093 PLEASE!
    Also this, if you can get it in 4.16 release: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ouldnt-be.html As all foliage right now is looking wrong in shadows.
    Artstation
    Join the support channel
    Gumroad Store

Comment

What happened to the USD plug from Pixar.?

Comment

Vertex Interpolator nodes
        Mmm, nice!

Comment

where is tools Cloth Paint?

Comment

Great preview! Where can I find documentation about the new audio mixer and the Steam Audio SDK integration?

Comment

So glad to see volumetric fog included now! =)

SEJonF.com | Twitter | Youtube | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets Hallways | Interiors | Props | CMD Center | Engineer Halls & Props | Free Asset Demo | Fantasy WIP | Ice Shader

Comment

Any new forward renderer improvements?

Comment

Originally posted by cyaoeu View Post
                  Did control rig sequences (from the GDC demo) not end up in 4.16?
                  Edit: It was a plugin. I couldn't get it to work with my character though which is basically a mannequinn rig.
                  I was able to make it work with skel mesh from Engine content.

You need to:
                  - Add control rig component to your skel mesh,
                  - In control rig select Base Human,
                  - Then in Modes select Animation,
                  - Then Select Skel Mesh you want to control,
                  - Create new Sequence,

And you should get what I have on the screen.

Hope we can export data from sequence to Animation Sequence and be able to run it using AnimBlueprint. This would be super great for all people prototyping new features depending on poses/animations.

Edit: Yes you can export! Thanks Epic!
                  Last edited by intoxicat3; 04-26-2017, 05:12 AM.
                  How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

Comment

For everyone using the Git Source Control Provider Plugin (and for those asking if I am still working on it here are the Pull Requests merged in this Preview version :

- Fix Submit to Source Control Window for Git plugin : use CanCheckIn() to filter out unmodified assets files #3136
                    - Git plugin: fix revision number for blueprint diff menu #3278
                    - Git Plugin: use asynchronous "MarkForAdd" and "CheckIn" operations for the initial commit #3108
                    - Git plugin: fix git autodetection and add error message #3224
                    - UE-34539: (Bugfix) Allow binary files in git stored via git-fat, git-lfs, etc to be diffed (take 2) #3253
                    - Git plugin: fix update status on directories broken since UE4.12 #3292
                    - Git plugin: fix update status on directories hotfix (still) slightly broken in master (UE4.16) #3372
                    - Git Plugin: fix RunDumpToFile() to check git ReturnCode #3327
                    - Git Plugin: hotfix for regression off Visual Diffs with older version of Git in master (UE4.16) #3373
                    - Git Plugin: trivial hotfix for the new UE4.16 warning about LoadModule() (UE4.16) #3455

Enjoy!
                    UE4 Git Source Control Plugin v2.2 for UE4.17 - (v1 integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.7)
                    UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin (1.0.4 for UE4.17)
                    PayPal me a beer to support my work

Comment

What happened with the volumetric lights are here or ?

From what I see from the volumetric fog point isn't the expected quality so ?

Is not new the games uses "Volumetric Effects" for lights usually in indoors etc, so don't see the point I have to put Fog in the scene to have volumetric effects....
                      Last edited by Hevedy; 04-26-2017, 05:22 AM.
                      Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

In this version the "Cloth Paint" is there?

Comment

Great news for GearVR developers! Thanks guys! However will OpenGL ES3.1 still be available only in source version of the engine?

Comment

Great stuff team!! I'm going to try and port my music generator project I made using the master branch to this preview build as the engine crashes when I add a create dynamic material instance in BP and feed a material instance to the input and it'll be easier to convert to stable builds in the future...

The volumetric fog is awesome, looks incredible on a sunrise/sunset:

You guys never cease to amaze me!!
                            [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Comment

Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                              I hoped the animation tools (edit animations inside unreal) would be added in 4.16.. Is it 4.17 then?
                              Originally posted by cyaoeu View Post
                              Did control rig sequences (from the GDC demo) not end up in 4.16?
                              Edit: It was a plugin. I couldn't get it to work with my character though which is basically a mannequinn rig.
                              The new in-editor animation tools are in this release. We aren't calling them out as they are currently in a very experimental state, but all the features that we were aiming for (including baking to anim sequences) are included. We would love to hear your feedback!

As to binding to your mesh, once the plugin is enabled, you will need to open the new "Control Rig" tab in the skeletal mesh editor to set up bindings to your mesh.
                              Tom Sarkanen | Unreal Engine Developer | Epic Games UK

Comment

The Volumetric fog stuff was certainly worth the wait and now I can embrace UE4 properly. I've been playing with it for a few weeks using the github version but now I have a lot to learn about the rest of UE4 in order to get results. But even as a relative UE4 novice it's all rather impressive, well done!

Comment

Working...
                                X