This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I really hope a fix for the wonky file management system will be made soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not until the regression are fixed, hopefully !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So, when is 4.16 coming out ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by freeman_valve View Post
    We are aware of the issue and have a fix coming in 4.17.
    Thanks, please keep us posted when a patch is available, if this can be applied also on 4.16 from GitHub.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rodnino View Post
    Is there an estimate when 4.17 will be ready to be released?
    Anything between 3 and 5 months.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rodnino View Post
    Is there an estimate when 4.17 will be ready to be released? It's currently on Preview 3 of 4.16, how many previews are there usually? About to start on a big project, wanting to use the new audio engine/ steam audio but have to make a decision soon on how to proceed. Thanks
    Usually it's 3, sometimes up to 5. As for 4.17, I'd guess two months later.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been using 4.16 from github for the last two months and had a great experience, so much that i updated my prototype to 4.16 and it's incredible :3 The current build is highly stable now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just watched the pre-recorded stream about UE4.16 preview. it was a great stream exposing all of the little details!

[Inquiry] One feature i noticed by chance in the video was the "asset audit window". Because my project's performance actually has dropped to a big low (28-30 fps) and i don't know how to get the performance back up. I'm pretty sure my assets are fine, but my blueprints however i think might not be optimized correctly. I was thinking is there a way to have your blueprints audited as well? to know what process are taking up system recourses. i'm not sure if this has already been asked.

thank you if anyone could shed some light on this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by freeman_valve View Post
    Is there an estimate when 4.17 will be ready to be released? It's currently on Preview 3 of 4.16, how many previews are there usually? About to start on a big project, wanting to use the new audio engine/ steam audio but have to make a decision soon on how to proceed. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xN31 View Post
    Still unable to package for Win64 with the Steam Audio plugin enabled in preview 3. Anyone else having the same issue?

I opened a bug report for the issue here:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...n-enabled.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hippowombat View Post
    Dunno if it's normal behavior as this is my first time using them, but creating instances of HISMs at runtime yield the correct meshes but with the default editor material instead of the assigned material applied in the latest preview of 4.16.
    Confirmed both ISMs and HISMs revert to the default editor material in 4.16 Preview 3, I have a bug report for it here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Reported a nasty bug where material functions become unusable : https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-ue-35362.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DanielW View Post
    DistanceFieldBias has been removed, and a new property DistanceFieldSelfShadowBias added, which works differently. Generally speaking you need a larger DistanceFieldSelfShadowBias value to get the same visual effect. We are getting much more effective DFAO self-shadow reduction in Fortnite with the new setting.
    Thanks for the reply! Looks like I made the right move cranking up the new variable and tweaking my skylight accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still unable to package for Win64 with the Steam Audio plugin enabled in preview 3. Anyone else having the same issue?

I opened a bug report for the issue here:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...n-enabled.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar View Post
    What's up with the distance field bias behaving differently than it did in previous versions?

DistanceFieldBias has been removed, and a new property DistanceFieldSelfShadowBias added, which works differently. Generally speaking you need a larger DistanceFieldSelfShadowBias value to get the same visual effect. We are getting much more effective DFAO self-shadow reduction in Fortnite with the new setting.

Distance field self shadowing controls for hiding world position offset self-shadow artifacts
    * Removed static mesh build settings DistanceFieldBias, which shrunk the distance field, breaking AO and shadows
    * Added DistanceFieldSelfShadowBias, which prevents occlusion close to the surface only, maintaining shadows on the ground and AO on the ground

Leave a comment:

Working...
X