Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been using 4.16 from github for the last two months and had a great experience, so much that i updated my prototype to 4.16 and it's incredible :3 The current build is highly stable now.
    LinkedIn | Nvidia GameWorks builds | 4.17.2 : Flex, Flow, VXGI, Blast, HairWorks - Here
    | 4.16.2 : Flex - Volumetric Lightning - HairWorks - Flow - Here

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodnino View Post
      Is there an estimate when 4.17 will be ready to be released? It's currently on Preview 3 of 4.16, how many previews are there usually? About to start on a big project, wanting to use the new audio engine/ steam audio but have to make a decision soon on how to proceed. Thanks
      Usually it's 3, sometimes up to 5. As for 4.17, I'd guess two months later.
      Helium Rain, a realistic space opera - Full C++ sources available - Steam Greenlight | /r/unrealengine

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodnino View Post
        Is there an estimate when 4.17 will be ready to be released?
        Anything between 3 and 5 months.
        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

• Originally posted by freeman_valve View Post
          We are aware of the issue and have a fix coming in 4.17.
          Thanks, please keep us posted when a patch is available, if this can be applied also on 4.16 from GitHub.

Comment

• So, when is 4.16 coming out ?

Comment

• Not until the regression are fixed, hopefully !
              Helium Rain, a realistic space opera - Full C++ sources available - Steam Greenlight | /r/unrealengine

Comment

• I really hope a fix for the wonky file management system will be made soon.

Comment

• Did yoiu fix the bug that auto restores to defaults blueprints ?
                  Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game Buy it have fun

Download the demo Download the demo
                  external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

• Originally posted by PCIsSuperior View Post
                    I really hope a fix for the wonky file management system will be made soon.
                    That's a very broad statement. Do you have any more specific details?

Comment

• Am i the only one facing some:
                      "LowLevelFatalError XXX ...CoreUObject\Private\Serialization\AsyncLoading.cpp
                      Attempt to process /Game/...../Struct before it has been added"

While trying to launch packaged game? (win64 target)
                      Nativization set to exclusive and empty.

edit: looks related - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...hes-on-at.html

I was able to launch the packaged game once i disabled nativization all together.
                      Last edited by Maxime.Dupart; 05-22-2017, 12:06 PM.
                      LinkedIn | Nvidia GameWorks builds | 4.17.2 : Flex, Flow, VXGI, Blast, HairWorks - Here
                      | 4.16.2 : Flex - Volumetric Lightning - HairWorks - Flow - Here

Comment

• Pleaseeeeeeeeee fix the camera lag not working or causing stuttering on server "even if game is running at a constant 60fps" and pleaseeeeee fix the main problem which is collisions resetting when playing on a dedicated server "example ghost character has no collision though when playing on dedicated server it does have collision" and last but not least please fix "when attaching actortoactor then setting that actors relative position on server not working" if you can get those fixed i will love you

Comment

• Here is a fix for collisions on network https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2010 the actor.cpp in the framework folder was missing collisions calls, also attaching actortoactor on server when looking at the actor getting attached screen the camera jitters and stutters like crazy when moving while attached at a close distance

Comment

• Dumb question but is the volumetric fog any different from volumetric lighting? I've heard about volumetric lighting updates so I'm assuming it's the fog that actually generates the volumetric effect in combination with the lighting?
                            Atoms4D - Indie VR Game atoms4d.com *site needs updating(soon)*
                            XAXISvr - A Marketplace for VR Dev's: xaxisvr.com
                            Owen Prescott - Official Concept Art & Design: owenprescott.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Exelcior View Post
                              Hey SyberBlade, glad you're giving the new clothing tools a try.

They're in an experimental state right now but I'm still looking for feedback so thanks for your post! As for your points:

1) I'm not sure what you mean here. You can use unreal physics assets to create clothing assets now with the tools enabled. There's no way unfortunately to update them after creation but I'm working on fixing that for the final release. Unsure what you'd like with regard to channels though.

2) As far as I'm aware we should now allow 8 influences, but only when creating assets completely in-editor. If you import an .apx or .apb we can only allow 4 unfortunately due to the APEX limitations.

3) We don't have a solution yet for solid objects attached to clothing. So for the time being any hard surface will act like clothing. But we're looking for improvements and future ideas so it's good to hear these things.

Benn.
                              Thanks for the update Benn. I also would like to request an update feature for the clothing system. I would recommend putting a copy of the "Create Clothing Asset from Section > Basic > Remove Section from Mesh" Checkbox and the "Create Clothing Asset from Section > Collision > Physics Asset" Dropdown into the "Asset Details > Clothing" as part of the Mesh Clothing Assets options, because I have already had to re-make cloth because I chose the wrong options on initial creation.

I also would like a button/option for reloading the Cloth Physics Asset, because I can't seem to get the cloth to register any changes to the Physics Asset without deleting the Clothing Asset and starting over.

Thanks!

Erich

Comment

• Originally posted by emirh2010 View Post
                                Pleaseeeeeeeeee fix the camera lag not working or causing stuttering on server "even if game is running at a constant 60fps" and pleaseeeeee fix the main problem which is collisions resetting when playing on a dedicated server "example ghost character has no collision though when playing on dedicated server it does have collision" and last but not least please fix "when attaching actortoactor then setting that actors relative position on server not working" if you can get those fixed i will love you
                                The best way to get those fixed is to link to the bug reports.

Comment

Working...
                                X