Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but we are having trouble getting out of the VR editor. Pressing ESC won't even get us out. I'm thinking its a potential bug, or maybe something changed and I just haven't seen how it's actually done now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Hedstrom View Post
      Sorry if this was already mentioned, but we are having trouble getting out of the VR editor. Pressing ESC won't even get us out. I'm thinking its a potential bug, or maybe something changed and I just haven't seen how it's actually done now.
      When we got Simulate and Play in Editor working for 4.16, we had to switch Escape back to its intended purpose of getting out of those, to match Desktop Mode. To leave VR Mode, you can now press Alt+` - to remap this key combo, just search for "Toggle VR" in Editor Preferences.
      Last edited by Shadow.Storm; 05-03-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I tried the functionalities of Steam Audio today and I can't play the game on my Shield K1. The App crashes at startup giving me the following LogError:

[0]LogStreaming:Error: Couldn't find the file for package /Script/SteamAudio requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Script/SteamAudi
        [0]LogStreaming:Error: ****DumpDependencies [Dependencies]:
        [0]LogStreaming:Error: Export 1 PhonoReverb
        [0]LogStreaming:Error: Linker is ../../../Blindenspiel/Content/PhonoReverb.uasset
        [0]LogStreaming:Error: Dep S_BEFORE_C Import 0 PhonoReverbSourceSettings
        [0]LogStreaming:Error: Dep S_BEFORE_C Import 2 Default__PhononReverbSourceSettings

-End of File

Hope, you can help me there! As stated before, Shield K1 running Android 7.0.1 and I used UE4.16_Pre2.

EDIT: Removed the Reverb and tried again. Now I got the same Error with Spazialisation.
        Last edited by ShatteredGames; 05-03-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SyberBlade View Post
          Helloz, everyone! I decided to test out 4.16 for the cloth tool and a couple other things too. The cloth paint tool works good with creating new physics assets and retouching up the influences of older assets. there is a few things i noticed that could also be integrated with this.
          1. such as allowing UE4 to use it's own collision assets and collision channel to work with cloth physics.
          2. the next is changing the max bone limit on painted influences to at least 6. the limit is 4, but 6 is commonly used on upper character torsos for smoother bends. neck, spine 3, Clavicle L, Clavicle R, Upper Arm L, Upper Arm R = 6.
          3. then lastly, allowing to paint special influences on hard objects attached to cloth assets (like buttons and zippers) to move not as cloth objects but more like something in-conjunction with it. I don't know if Nvidia ever found a solution for hard objects and cloth objects to work in-conjunction with each other, this might be too complex of a fix. but this would allow users to not strip off assets from their clothing objects.

thanks!
          Hey SyberBlade, glad you're giving the new clothing tools a try.

They're in an experimental state right now but I'm still looking for feedback so thanks for your post! As for your points:

1) I'm not sure what you mean here. You can use unreal physics assets to create clothing assets now with the tools enabled. There's no way unfortunately to update them after creation but I'm working on fixing that for the final release. Unsure what you'd like with regard to channels though.

2) As far as I'm aware we should now allow 8 influences, but only when creating assets completely in-editor. If you import an .apx or .apb we can only allow 4 unfortunately due to the APEX limitations.

3) We don't have a solution yet for solid objects attached to clothing. So for the time being any hard surface will act like clothing. But we're looking for improvements and future ideas so it's good to hear these things.

Benn.
          Animation and Physics Programmer, UE4, Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by Exelcior View Post
            Hey SyberBlade, glad you're giving the new clothing tools a try.

They're in an experimental state right now but I'm still looking for feedback so thanks for your post! As for your points:

1) I'm not sure what you mean here. You can use unreal physics assets to create clothing assets now with the tools enabled. There's no way unfortunately to update them after creation but I'm working on fixing that for the final release. Unsure what you'd like with regard to channels though.

2) As far as I'm aware we should now allow 8 influences, but only when creating assets completely in-editor. If you import an .apx or .apb we can only allow 4 unfortunately due to the APEX limitations.

3) We don't have a solution yet for solid objects attached to clothing. So for the time being any hard surface will act like clothing. But we're looking for improvements and future ideas so it's good to hear these things.

Benn.
            For #1 i was referring to other objects colliding with Apex cloth through collision channel settings. UE4 responds to Collision capsules and boxes so i was thinking of Apex Cloth supporting this as a medium standard. If this sugestion (or a better suggestion) is already in the works then it's been answered.

For #2 "As far as I'm aware we should now allow 8 influences, but only when creating assets completely in-editor."

I'm totally switching to UE4's APEX tools from now on, 8 influences!!!! 4 was impossible, 6 is cutting it close, 8 should be plenty.

For #3 - yeah, i figured this might be a complex stretch. My suggestion was to paint a special color coded influence on hard objects attached to cloth, the effect should have the object move overlaid without distortion in the area. normally this would be solved using joints for cloth simulation but this would require way too much time and far too many joints to achieve Apex quality. It's a good suggestion for thought.
            Last edited by SyberBlade; 05-03-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I can't seem to run any C++ Projects in 4.16.2 Everytime I run from Visual Studio, the engine tells me that the module is out of date (which it obviously isn't).

Click image for larger version

Name:	fu.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1127280

EDIT:
              Nevermind, this seems to be an issue with the new format for the Target.cs and Build.cs files.
              Last edited by TheJamsh; 05-04-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                It is in there as an experimental plugin. You have to enable it first.
                Is this available in source code form? We're curious to see if we can build for linux with USD, but one of our guys did a scan of github, and couldn't find any references to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren Ridge View Post
                  When we got Simulate and Play in Editor working for 4.16, we had to switch Escape back to its intended purpose of getting out of those, to match Desktop Mode. To leave VR Mode, you can now press Alt+` - to remap this key combo, just search for "Toggle VR" in Editor Preferences.
                  Thank you very much Lauren! This is gonna make my team happy

Comment

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post
                    Do you mean audio from outside of the game?
                    No i mean how do you use the sound from a plugin like the web browser to create a music visualiser?

Either that or a way to get the overall sound mix you hear instead of individual sources and use that for the visualiser.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Magneto View Post
                      No i mean how do you use the sound from a plugin like the web browser to create a music visualiser?

Either that or a way to get the overall sound mix you hear instead of individual sources and use that for the visualiser.

Thanks.
                      There isn't a ready-made way to do that at the moment, but it certainly can be built via Procedural SoundWaves and the new Synthesizer architecture. I would start looking at the existing Envelope Follower Source Effect as a starting point, which is as close as it gets at the moment.
                      Dan Reynolds
                      Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post
                        There isn't a ready-made way to do that at the moment, but it certainly can be built via Procedural SoundWaves and the new Synthesizer architecture. I would start looking at the existing Envelope Follower Source Effect as a starting point, which is as close as it gets at the moment.
                        That's a shame as i was hoping there would be like a master mix we could use instead of individual sounds. I can follow guides and do basic stuff with blueprints but not much beyond that sadly so i guess it's not possible then?

Comment

Having an issue where I cant get a physics asset to start on a character blueprint. works fine on any mesh placed into a level
                          Also It looks like the rotation on spring controllers still isn't working

Comment

Originally posted by Magneto View Post
                            That's a shame as i was hoping there would be like a master mix we could use instead of individual sounds. I can follow guides and do basic stuff with blueprints but not much beyond that sadly so i guess it's not possible then?
                            Oh, it's plenty possible. There's a staggering list of what is now possible thanks to Aaron's efforts on creating the new Audio Engine architecture. It's more a matter of how best to spend Aaron's talents. Do we have him chase down tiny, leafy features? Or do we have him continue to tackle big scale efforts?

Part of the goal with the new architecture was to offer users a framework with which to build their own synthesizers, source and submix effects--in effect extending the power of the Engine. Thanks to Aaron's efforts, creating an FFT Submix effect is now easier and our hope is that the community embraces the opportunity to create awesome new things with the Unreal Engine--things that would be impossible in any other game engine!

With that said, all of these ideas are on our radar. We're eager to continue developing out what we have but we're equally excited by what you cats are able to create with this new framework!
                            Dan Reynolds
                            Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 3 for 4.16! Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.16 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

For a list of known issues affecting this latest preview, please follow the links provided on the first post in this thread.

Cheers!

Fixed in Preview 3

Fixed! UE-44624 Rear tires on vehicle in VehicleGame sample detach and drift back from axel as user accelerates
                              Fixed! UE-44553 Paint Mode Toolbar Icons do not exist when Use Small Toolbar Icons is true
                              Fixed! UE-41915 Incorrect physics interaction on rotated meshes using Complex as Simple collision
                              Fixed! UE-44494 Master Pose broken with sequencer
                              Fixed! UE-44429 Crash on attempting to paint on cloth object
                              Fixed! UE-44400 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_ClothingSystemRuntime!FClothingSimulationNv::UpdateLod() [clothingsimulationnv.cpp:801]
                              Fixed! UE-44328 Convex Hull Generation can get stuck in an infinite loop
                              Fixed! UE-44285 Setting strength on a linear motor in Phat will display ---
                              Fixed! UE-44486 Enable physx libs GPU hooks
                              Fixed! UE-44725 "LogTemp:Warning: Running Get" when placing or selecting Physics Constrain Actor
                              Fixed! UE-44185 Many D3D12 errors when running with -d3ddebug
                              Fixed! UE-44376 GitHub 3512 : [4.16] Intel Compiler 2017 fixes
                              Fixed! UE-39768 Rare crash occurs when recompiling a blueprint in VREditor (see comments)
                              Fixed! UE-44659 Crash after saving Blueprint that is marked as not needs load for server
                              Fixed! UE-44702 Code based interfaces do not appear in Interface selection dropdown
                              Fixed! UE-44676 Incorrect display for default exec pin for Switch nodes
                              Fixed! UE-44744 Nativized packaging fails for UnrealMatch3
                              Fixed! UE-44708 Blueprint child does not override parent mesh in Nativized build
                              Fixed! UE-44519 Crash when applying a LandscapeVisibilityMask material to a Landscape's material slot
                              Fixed! UE-44697 Need to improve POM version parsing to handle latest Google Play Services
                              Fixed! UE-44658 Cleanup of previous packagename Build/Android/src files doesn't include Intermediate/Android/APK/src
                              Fixed! UE-44660 Possible exception if Intermediate/Android/APK/src does not exist
                              Fixed! UE-44615 Command line arguments can affect next ant.bat run
                              Fixed! UE-44766 GenerateProjectFiles generates warning
                              Fixed! UE-44022 HTML5: *Linux* Launch On fails to open Firefox due to missing profile
                              Fixed! UE-43895 iOS Pressing home button crash
                              Fixed! UE-44668 Post-Exit crash when closing ShooterGame project
                              Fixed! UE-44679 Certain levels have little lighting in ContentExamples on Mac
                              Fixed! UE-44521 Minor RHI State Cache breaks pre-pso codepath
                              Fixed! UE-44601 Checkerboard pattern overlay in viewport of ContentExamples on Mac
                              Fixed! UE-44084 Moving an actor to a different level does not show that the object bound to the track is missing
                              Fixed! UE-44616 Spawnables don't appear immediately when dragging them into sequencer
                              Fixed! UE-44628 Crash selecting an object binding inside the Get Sequence Binding node.
                              Fixed! UE-44600 Convert to spawnable doesn't work
                              Fixed! UE-44648 LogMovieScene Warnings when rendering movie sequence in QA-Sequencer
                              Fixed! UE-44631 Crash selecting Unresolved Binding drop down when no sequence is selecting on the Get Sequence Binding node
                              Fixed! UE-44304 Creating and running a code project while another project is open will fail to load module and crash new project editor.
                              Fixed! UE-44594 Crash importing USD files via scene import
                              Fixed! UE-44223 Compile failure packaging for Linux in arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf from Windows
                              Fixed! UE-44020 Crash opening the Project Settings on Linux Unable to get IOSTargetPlatform module
                              Fixed! UE-44650 Setup.sh can fail on Ubuntu server
                              Fixed! UE-44621 GitHub 3532 : provide a GRHIVendorId if graphics card vendor name is 'X.Org' (for l?
                              Fixed! UE-37194 FixDeps step will relink Engine modules even if only project code was changed
                              Fixed! UE-44715 Nested UMG widgets can lose their localization in cooked games
                              Fixed! UE-43370 Backspace Key not activating when working with 3D Widgets
                              Fixed! UE-44635 Windows Mouse cursor no longer updates properly after existing PIE session using Hardware Cursors with Escape key
                              Fixed! UE-44404 Continuous output log spam after using VR Mode with Vive/SteamVR
                              Fixed! UE-44347 GitHub 3507 : Fix FSteamVRHMD::VulkanBridge::FinishRendering triggering assert in F?
                              Fixed! UE-44729 Crash opening Linux UE4Editor during CreateHeadMountedDisplay

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find to the UE4 Answerhub in the 'Bugs Reports' section.
                              (How to Report a Bug)
                              Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

What does "UE-44486 Enable physx libs GPU" hooks mean? Can we enable physx GRB?

Comment

Working...
                                X